US Champion?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Saylor

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.wweforums.net
I personally feel the new US Champion should be Otunga at this current stage then have him feud Kofi Kingston, R Truth, ect. The person that would really benefit from the title is Heath Slater, could you imagine him as the US Champion? That'd be really entertaining and it would really develop him, put him on some sort of win streak then put the title on him, there you have it, your 1 step closer to making a star.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
The title needs to be meaningful first. I guess Otunga could be one half of making it meaningful. That title hasn't meant anything since Ryder and Ziggler feuded over it. Ryder really wanted the title and Ziggler sure as hell wasn't giving it up. That's the kind of feud for it I want to see again.

Saylor

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.wweforums.net
Stopspot said:
The title needs to be meaningful first. I guess Otunga could be one half of making it meaningful. That title hasn't meant anything since Ryder and Ziggler feuded over it. Ryder really wanted the title and Ziggler sure as hell wasn't giving it up. That's the kind of feud for it I want to see again.

Kofi vs Otunga for the title, that would be an epic back and forth feud. This could easily add creditability to the title therefore making it meaningful.

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT YOU THINK

Stopspot

Reaction score
I still want to see Ryder in the US title scene. He is the perfect face for the mid card, not too serious but still not just jokes (Again look back at his feud with Ziggler for it). He is also underrated in the ring so he could work with most guys in the mid card for good matches. He is also insanely over which would lead to fans paying attention to the feud as well.

Saylor

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.wweforums.net
Stopspot said:
I still want to see Ryder in the US title scene. He is the perfect face for the mid card, not too serious but still not just jokes (Again look back at his feud with Ziggler for it). He is also underrated in the ring so he could work with most guys in the mid card for good matches. He is also insanely over which would lead to fans paying attention to the feud as well.

They seemed to drop the ball with this guy with Kane burying him. They'd need a credible heel for Ryder to go over, though. Otunga's been jobbing to Cena so Ryder defeating Otunga wouldn't mean much at all, in all honesty.

Stopspot

Reaction score
At the moment I think Otunga will be involved with Brodus for a while, at least until they decide for a full time Brodus vs Big Show feud. I'd love to see Ryder feud with Sandow over the title. Their characters have such different personalities that they are polar opposites. A feud between them could be great.

Saylor

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.wweforums.net
Stopspot said:
At the moment I think Otunga will be involved with Brodus for a while, at least until they decide for a full time Brodus vs Big Show feud. I'd love to see Ryder feud with Sandow over the title. Their characters have such different personalities that they are polar opposites. A feud between them could be great.

Sandow's currently on SmackDown and I'd much prefer for him to stay on SmackDown instead of going on both shows, that's just my personal opinion. However, these two could have a great feud and would definitely have my interest.

Stopspot

Reaction score
But the US title is currently held by a Smackdown star.

Saylor

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.wweforums.net
Stopspot said:
But the US title is currently held by a Smackdown star.

That's perfectly fine however I don't want Sandow to go to RAW, I just want him to stick to SmackDown only. Sticking him to SmackDown and establishing him further would only benefit him, then they should move him to both brands. They should establish him on one brand first.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
They need to get the belt off Santino as soon as possible. There are many good options, if we're going to talk about Raw only, they could give Otunga the title, or even Zack, who's a pretty good option. Of course, if some guys who are in NXT (Kidd, Riley, McGillicutty, etc) were on the midcard things would be much easier. Back on my first day here, I suggested a storyline where Tensai won the title and made it a Japanese belt while trashing American fans, but I'm not really sure that would be a good idea today.

Saylor

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.wweforums.net
Leo C said:
They need to get the belt off Santino as soon as possible. There are many good options, if we're going to talk about Raw only, they could give Otunga the title, or even Zack, who's a pretty good option. Of course, if some guys who are in NXT (Kidd, Riley, McGillicutty, etc) were on the midcard things would be much easier. Back on my first day here, I suggested a storyline where Tensai won the title and made it a Japanese belt while trashing American fans, but I'm not really sure that would be a good idea today.

Tensai as a champion would be really boring to be honest. Where talking about open brands, since it's a SuperShow. I was just stating that it's best to keep Sandow on SmackDown for now.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Saylor said:
Tensai as a champion would be really boring to be honest. Where talking about open brands, since it's a SuperShow. I was just stating that it's best to keep Sandow on SmackDown for now.

I know, I posted it originally right after his first match, when people could still stand him. I agree with you on Sandow, he should solidify himself on SD first before he goes to Raw where only HHH and Cena have time. I don't really have a perfect US champ in my mind now.

Saylor

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.wweforums.net
Leo C said:
I know, I posted it originally right after his first match, when people could still stand him. I agree with you on Sandow, he should solidify himself on SD first before he goes to Raw where only HHH and Cena have time. I don't really have a perfect US champ in my mind now.

I personally wouldn't mind Heath Slater as a champion, the guy is gold.