Survivor Series Update: Drew Mcintyre vs Roman Reigns Survivor Series

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
For some reason I have a slight feeling that Lesnar will return to interfere in the match.

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
This should be No Holds Barred to make it better. These are intense animals, and they should just beat the hell outta each other

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Well my interest in the show just went up then. I had no interest at all in Orton vs Roman. Funny thing is, I am not really a fan of Drew either. But the match is now more interesting as a curiousity.

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score

Crash

Reaction score
You can never say "The next Stone Cold vs The Rock" this kind of thing have to happen naturally and not be forced.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
You can never say "The next Stone Cold vs The Rock" this kind of thing have to happen naturally and not be forced.

Agreed. WWE never tried to make Daniel Bryan their popular guy, it just happened. In fact, they were interested in pushing Batista over John Cena and Cena became the bigger star.

Forcing wrestlers to be something and trying to tell the fans how they should feel has never worked. They tried it with the Rock and they tried it with Roman Reigns. Both times it failed when they forced it.

Reactions: Crash

Crash

Reaction score
Agreed. WWE never tried to make Daniel Bryan their popular guy, it just happened. In fact, they were interested in pushing Batista over John Cena and Cena became the bigger star.

Forcing wrestlers to be something and trying to tell the fans how they should feel has never worked. They tried it with the Rock and they tried it with Roman Reigns. Both times it failed when they forced it.

Yes, when they say or force things like "the next stone cold, the next the rock, etc" it actually hurts the talent who is doing the work cause it puts him up against the legends from the past, I really don't like when they try to do that.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Yes, when they say or force things like "the next stone cold, the next the rock, etc" it actually hurts the talent who is doing the work cause it puts him up against the legends from the past, I really don't like when they try to do that.

It is actually one of the reasons Hulk Hogan worked well. He wasn't billed as the next anything. He was not compared to Bruno Sammartino, Bob Backlund, Andre the Giant or Billy Graham. They let him be himself and that caught on.

Reactions: Deadmanforever97

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
It is actually one of the reasons Hulk Hogan worked well. He wasn't billed as the next anything. He was not compared to Bruno Sammartino, Bob Backlund, Andre the Giant or Billy Graham. They let him be himself and that caught on.
I noticed that whenever Hogan would go and entertain he'd be the most less stressed person out there.

It was because he was getting paid to be Hogan like you said.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I noticed that whenever Hogan would go and entertain he'd be the most less stressed person out there.

It was because he was getting paid to be Hogan like you said.

Agreed, and that pretty much lasted through his entire career. And although I dislike the man personally, his character was never awkward. He was able to use his bombastic personality as a face and easily switched to a cowardly heel in the NWO. It's hard to not respect that.

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
But what Triple H believes is that he can turn these guys into "Hogan and Flair" or "Rock and Austin"

To me Drew seem to have a better chance of being like HHH. But that's my opinion.