Survivor Series Update: Drew Mcintyre vs Roman Reigns Survivor Series

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
But what Triple H believes is that he can turn these guys into "Hogan and Flair" or "Rock and Austin"

To me Drew seem to have a better chance of being like HHH. But that's my opinion.

That is why I was a bit shocked to hear that. Even though Roman has been meeting his potential lately, is not on the level of the Rock or Austin. McIntyre is a LONG way from being either of them. He lacks charisma that can even come close to comparing to the Rock or Austin.

In NXT, HHH has done a really good job of letting wrestlers develop organically. To think he is trying to say anyone is the next This or the next That doesn't make sense given his history.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Really early in HHH's career, people said he would be the next Ric Flair. As Terra Ryzing, he even used the reverse figure four as his finishing move. And even after that, they had this idea to try to make him like Regal, a blue blood.

That didn't work. Letting HHH being the perverted locker room horny guy that he may have been was the right idea. And THAT overtook his previous identities. So if anyone knows that a character should be true to the person playing it, it is HHH.

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
That is why I was a bit shocked to hear that. Even though Roman has been meeting his potential lately, is not on the level of the Rock or Austin. McIntyre is a LONG way from being either of them. He lacks charisma that can even come close to comparing to the Rock or Austin.

In NXT, HHH has done a really good job of letting wrestlers develop organically. To think he is trying to say anyone is the next This or the next That doesn't make sense given his history.

Really early in HHH's career, people said he would be the next Ric Flair. As Terra Ryzing, he even used the reverse figure four as his finishing move. And even after that, they had this idea to try to make him like Regal, a blue blood.

That didn't work. Letting HHH being the perverted locker room horny guy that he may have been was the right idea. And THAT overtook his previous identities. So if anyone knows that a character should be true to the person playing it, it is HHH.
You're exactly right! There were some people before the pg era some thought John Cena will be the next Rock.

The dude was booked to be Hogan 2.0 mainly due to wwe turning pg. That wasn't his fault, that was Vince Mcjackass fault

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Very few NXT stars have become stars tho.
Roman, Rollins, Ambrose, KO, Sami, Drew, Finn, Big E, Bray Wyatt, Daniel Bryan, Bayley, Sasha banks, Shin, Samoa Joe, Asuka, Braun Strowman. I’m sure there’s more, and even though not all of these names are “stars” depending on your definition, they are or were quite a name in the main roster and had their moments or continue to.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Drew and Roman aren’t there yet. Roman is about as close to me liking him as he will ever get, and that’s still nowhere near how much I loved Stone Cold and Rock. The last time I almost like someone as much as those 2 was with Punk.

I think if they let Drew be more chill... let him be Scottish psycho they claim he is. Show his insanity more. People dig that Shit. Let him be him and see how it goes.

Keep the Roman image going and let him beat the rock at mania 37. After this, we will see how much I still like him.

Stone Cold and Rock worked because it was not only organic, but they were mega stars bound to collide. Stone Cold was beloved by all the rock was beloved by all or could easily make you hate him in the best way possible. The roof would literally go off the place anywhere these 2 were. The only other feuds even closely comparable in recent times was Shawn and Taker, DB and Authority, Punk and Cena. To name some I can think of.
Any ways, yeah, I think he’s wrong on this one for now.

Reactions: Deadmanforever97

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Roman, Rollins, Ambrose, KO, Sami, Drew, Finn, Big E, Bray Wyatt, Daniel Bryan, Bayley, Sasha banks, Shin, Samoa Joe, Asuka, Braun Strowman. I’m sure there’s more, and even though not all of these names are “stars” depending on your definition, they are or were quite a name in the main roster and had their moments or continue to.
Rollins fair enough. Cant really count Roman. Ambrose was never apart of nxt. KO isn't a top star unfortunately. Finn Balor going back to NXT is all you need to know. Big E has never gone above the midcard, how is he a star? Wyatt is fair enough. Let's not count nxt in 2010 because triple h was not manning the ship. Bayley and Sasha sure they got there eventually, cant help but feel that they have to use them because of the absence of bigger stars. Shin, Drew, Joe and Asuka were already established stars elsewhere, to say triple h was right about them is ridiculous. Braun Strowman neve was on nxt so really made himself under the wing of McMahon . So that's 4 Seth, Wyatt, Bayley and Sasha. Not a great success rate

Edit- Charlotte and Becky are much bigger stars and they were from NXT so count them.

Reactions: edge4ever

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Drew and Roman aren’t there yet. Roman is about as close to me liking him as he will ever get, and that’s still nowhere near how much I loved Stone Cold and Rock. The last time I almost like someone as much as those 2 was with Punk.

I think if they let Drew be more chill... let him be Scottish psycho they claim he is. Show his insanity more. People dig that Shit. Let him be him and see how it goes.

Keep the Roman image going and let him beat the rock at mania 37. After this, we will see how much I still like him.

Stone Cold and Rock worked because it was not only organic, but they were mega stars bound to collide. Stone Cold was beloved by all the rock was beloved by all or could easily make you hate him in the best way possible. The roof would literally go off the place anywhere these 2 were. The only other feuds even closely comparable in recent times was Shawn and Taker, DB and Authority, Punk and Cena. To name some I can think of.
Any ways, yeah, I think he’s wrong on this one for now.
I would count Cena vs Rock WM 28 as a through the roof rivalry but some would say Vince ruined that with the rematch

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Rollins fair enough. Cant really count Roman. Ambrose was never apart of nxt. KO isn't a top star unfortunately. Finn Balor going back to NXT is all you need to know. Big E has never gone above the midcard, how is he a star? Wyatt is fair enough. Let's not count nxt in 2010 because triple h was not manning the ship. Bayley and Sasha sure they got there eventually, cant help but feel that they have to use them because of the absence of bigger stars. Shin, Drew, Joe and Asuka were already established stars elsewhere, to say triple h was right about them is ridiculous. Braun Strowman neve was on nxt so really made himself under the wing of McMahon . So that's 4 Seth, Wyatt, Bayley and Sasha. Not a great success rate

Edit- Charlotte and Becky are much bigger stars and they were from NXT so count them.
I think the point is that triple H takes stars whether they were big elsewhere or not, and has helped them be successful in WWE. You can be successful elsewhere and that can mean jack shit when you come to WWE. I think Triple H overall has done a great job getting talent into the main roster and successful.

I’m not gonna go back and forth on some of the stars as i disagree with them not being “stars,” but Braun trained at the performance center for 2 years and was on untelivsed NXT matches for a while before going to WWE main roster.

Yeah, that’s why I said I’m sure I’m missing more.

Reactions: Redboy123@

Redboy123@

Reaction score
I think the point is that triple H takes stars whether they were big elsewhere or not, and has helped them be successful in WWE. You can be successful elsewhere and that can mean jack shit when you come to WWE. I think Triple H overall has done a great job getting talent into the main roster and successful.

I’m not gonna go back and forth on some of the stars as i disagree with them not being “stars,” but Braun trained at the performance center for 2 years and was on untelivsed NXT matches for a while before going to WWE main roster.

Yeah, that’s why I said I’m sure I’m missing more.
There's alot of nxt failures but that may not be HHH fault.