Unwarranted Hate? of Albert Del Rio

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I don't mind Del Rio at all, I generally like him, but I'm not just a huge fan. His mic work is fine outside of his title runs last year which was horribly booked and at the complete wrong time with Punk being so hot. I love watching him work in the ring, think he's one of the best WWE has to offer. I can easily see why some people dislike him though, and there's no real way to explain how someone bores you if that's the case for Del Rio with you, they just do.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Del Rio's ring work is usually top notch, but overall I find him to be generic. I never find myself looking forward to anything he does and his promos feel recycled.

However, he draws heat fairly well. He and Ricardo also compliment each other quite well I think.

Johnny Ace

Reaction score
I am one that really didn't give a crap for ADR until recently. I don't think he was pushed down our throats, but the thing that got to me was his gimmick. I hate to sound like a broken record but he is a rip off of JBL, but as time went by I started liking him more and more and his in ring talent is great. I also like Ricardo as his personal announcer, it just adds the extra flavor to his character. I used to hate it, but now I like it. I personally think the reason why people hate him now that used to like him is because of the fact that their is a small roster and why not give Cody Rhodes or Dolph Ziggler a chance before him.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
I like him. Was pleased when he won the Rumble match last year and still enjoy watching him.

I think Del Rio needs some help from creative if he's going to get over. Attack the right people, hold the title for a while and rub it in everyone's face, that kind of deal. After that, I think people will take him more seriously. Because right now, he's booked as a headline star for Smackdown without any real title pedigree. Some will obviously disagree with that, but I think in order for ADR to progress, that needs to happen.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
no but decent isn't good and apparently his reaction isn't as bad as people think? Then why would people think that. His ring work has also gotten worse as of late he's doing less moves.Your assesment of him is meh at best and your a fan of his, so why would non fans of him be inclined to start taking notice?

Off topic a minute but since when does the amount of moves you do make you a good or bad wrestler? Bret Hart and Ric Flair had limited move sets and yet they two of greatest wrestlers in history.

I agree with mostly what TKK had to say, he was pushed too soon and too much. The guy so far has not devolped into the great main event talent people were hopeing, but he is still solid and with time and better booking it could still happen.