SummerSlam Undertaker vs Brock Lesnar

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Undertaker will win it. Contrary to other opinions, Taker beating Lesnar will have no ill effects on Lesnar. Even though Taker is older and way past his prime, losing to Taker is not a black mark on anyone's career. Lesnar will go on being Lesnar and go on being the most intimidating threat in wrestling.

I can't see Lesnar beating Undertaker simply because it would seem odd to bring him back for this to simply lose again. Plus keep in mind that the person deciding the outcome for this match is the same guy who booked Lesnar, a guy who didn't need to break the streak, to break the streak.

I think after basically being dominated by Lesnar throughout his career, Taker will come out on to.

But also like Serina mentioned, the buildup will be better than the match.

- Oh yeah, Taker beating Lesnar at SS won't have as nearly as much effect as Lesnar defeating Taker's Streak at Mania last year.
Taking away something that's 21 years old was huge, now Taker coming back for his revenge won't leave a black mark on Lesnar's career, as you pointed out.

- Taker being brought back to lose would be ridiculous, not that I'd lose sleep over it or anything. We talked about this during Mania season, Taker wasn't gonna work WM 31 just to lose his match against Wyatt and he didn't. I think the same scenario will be played out here.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Undertaker will win it. Contrary to other opinions, Taker beating Lesnar will have no ill effects on Lesnar. Even though Taker is older and way past his prime, losing to Taker is not a black mark on anyone's career. Lesnar will go on being Lesnar and go on being the most intimidating threat in wrestling.

I can't see Lesnar beating Undertaker simply because it would seem odd to bring him back for this to simply lose again. Plus keep in mind that the person deciding the outcome for this match is the same guy who booked Lesnar, a guy who didn't need to break the streak, to break the streak.

I think after basically being dominated by Lesnar throughout his career, Taker will come out on to.

But also like Serina mentioned, the buildup will be better than the match.

That would also make his victory all the more surprising, and thus, more remarkable. It'd be very reminiscent of Wrestlemania XXX (except not nearly as shocking), where all the signs point towards the Undertaker winning, but then everyone is taken by complete surprise when Brock defeats him instead.

If they had booked him against someone like, say, Sheamus, his victory wouldn't mean nearly as much. It'd be a fresh match (although a much less significant one as well) and an exciting one to watch, but no one would be scratching their head over what the outcome would be. Everyone would know Brock was winning. He wasn't winning the title again, so if you want him to have as big of a victory as possible for Summerslam, bringing the Undertaker back makes sense.

I'll See Ya Kia

Beautiful Palm Trees.
Reaction score
This match is certainly creating a buzz, isn't it? I bet a lot of people are interested in this match, even those who are usually doing something else with their time.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I see taker winning. But, if anyone will shock the world, it's Brock. No one thought cena would be killed like he was or the streak broken but it all happened.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
This match is certainly creating a buzz, isn't it? I bet a lot of people are interested in this match, even those who are usually doing something else with their time.
One month sig bet me on who wins. I'll even let you choose.

Messiah1

The Showoff
Banned
Reaction score
Taker will win. Brock Lesnar is not going to beat Undertaker in 2 straight matches.. He's not coming back to put over Brock again unless they really didn't have anything for Lesnar to do and they offered Taker a huge paycheck.

Mrs. RKO

Jobber
Reaction score
The Undertaker will win this. I have no idea how he gets it done, but it will happen. I just wonder how many Suplexes Brock will hit on The Undertaker. It will certainly be a lot harder then what he did to Seth Rollins in there last match.

JohnQZ

Jobber
Reaction score
I'm really surprised that Undertaker's back at it especially with his age and what happened quite recently at WrestleMania

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Brock is going over. No doubt. It'll take like 5 F5's but Brock is winning.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
It's all about the moneh, baybay.

Not sure I 100% agree with that. I can't imagine Undertaker is in need of money ". Even though I've never been a huge fan, I've always respected hom because he cares about the business. WWE has been in a bit of a dry spell lately... we get some good matches, but not really enough. I honestly think Undertaker might be coming back because he can have a positive effect on the business.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
lmao someone bet on Taker winning, i've got Lesnar all day. DQ = No winner.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Not sure I 100% agree with that. I can't imagine Undertaker is in need of money ". Even though I've never been a huge fan, I've always respected hom because he cares about the business. WWE has been in a bit of a dry spell lately... we get some good matches, but not really enough. I honestly think Undertaker might be coming back because he can have a positive effect on the business.

Well, he is going to get paid for all his appearances and stuff, so... But that wasn't my point, I was messing around about that.

The thing is, Vince knows Taker is a loyal worker and if Vinnie gives Taker a call and says "We need you to get back in shape and back on TV in [insert date and time]."

Taker must feel like he can't say 'no', despite having some health issues. So, in a way, it strikes me as he's being jerked around because of his loyalty.

And if he's coming back 'because he can have a positive effect on the business', then I'm all for it.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
lmao someone bet on Taker winning, i've got Lesnar all day. DQ = No winner.

DQ = No winner? Well, that wouldn't be a waste of their 17 months in the making rematch. :henry2:

I'm fine with both guys winning, tbh. But, Taker coming back only to job to Brock again ain't happening, right?
Plus, they'll need something/someone to write Lesnar off TV till the Royal Rumble (at least) and Taker is probably the guy to do so.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
DQ = No winner? Well, that wouldn't be a waste of their 17 months in the making rematch. :henry2:

I'm fine with both guys winning, tbh. But, Taker coming back only to job to Brock again ain't happening, right?
Plus, they'll need something/someone to write Lesnar off TV till the Royal Rumble (at least) and Taker is probably the guy to do so.
Bet. Me.