Uncharted 3 Officially Announced

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ben

Reaction score
Uncharted 3 officially announced...if you played the first 2 games your as excited as I am. Teaser trailer doesn't show much, but still it's Uncharted so anything is good enough...game is suppose to have 3D elements also.

[YOUTUBE]i7MKsyzox_c[/YOUTUBE]

[UPDATE] Drake's Deception will be set in desert, inspired by archeological adventures of T.E. Lawrence; 3D support confirmed; First live demo on Jimmy Fallon Dec. 13; first trailer inside.

For months, rumors of a third uncharted game have percolated, thanks to premature product listings and overly imaginative artists. Now, though, the game has been officially outed, thanks to a preview in Entertainment Weekly magazine.

Nathan Drake is headed to Arabia for his next adventure.

The official title of Naughty Dog's next game will be Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, and it will arrive in late 2011. Though details were light on the game's story, it will reportedly focus on the relationship between Drake and his avuncular mentor Victor "Sully" Sullivan. This time around, a search for a lost city will take the wily adventurer to the Arabian Peninsula and its bleak Empty Quarter.

The magazine also reported the game's plot will be partially inspired by the exploits of famed British adventurer T.E. Lawrence. Said exploits won't be of the military variety that earned him the nickname of Lawrence of Arabia, but rather the archeological career he had before World War I.

That's not to say there won't be any shooting in Uncharted 3. Gameplay details dropped in the article include expanded co-op and multiplayer modes, improved reverse climbing, and the ability to shoot multiple enemies at once. As rumored, much of the game will be set in the desert, with the developers at Naughty Dog putting a visual emphasis on sand.

[UPDATE] Sony has now officially announced Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, and has confirmed it will support stereoscopic 3D out of the box. The game will also feature the ability to engage multiple enemies in melee combat, and will also sport new stealth abilities.

As with its predecessors, Uncharted 3 will be exclusive to the PlayStation 3. The game will debut alongside the first novel based on the series, Uncharted: The Fourth Labyrinth, but not the film based on the series. That project, directed by David O. Russell and starring Mark Wahlberg, is set to shoot next summer.

[UPDATE 2] Via Twitter, Late Night with Jimmy Fallon producer Gavin Purcell is now saying a live demo of Uncharted 3 will be conducted on the show on Monday, December 13.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I never got to play the full game of this but I did play the demo's of both on PS3 and it's fun as hell to play. May consider actually buying 3 one of these times.

Ben

Reaction score
You can get the first game for $20 new and find 2 for about $40 used....don't really need to play them for overall story purpose....but there both just so good that there worth playing.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Yeah game reminds me of GTA in the sense of you mainly end up enjoying playing the game not for the story stuff but just for the fun misc stuff you can do. 20 new for the 1st one is pretty cool so may look into that and see if they have it in gamestop or something.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
I never got to play the full game of this but I did play the demo's of both on PS3 and it's fun as hell to play. May consider actually buying 3 one of these times.

You have a PS3 and didn't buy Uncharted? Heresy.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Hey had/have other games I want to get before that :p it does seem like a must have game tho.

Matt Reptar

Reaction score
Never played the first two, but I were to get a PS3, this series would be the reason why.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Hey had/have other games I want to get before that :p it does seem like a must have game tho.

It's not a must have series, but it IS a definite "you should really, really, really play it" series.

The must have's are the Mass Effect series, the God of War series, the Gears of War series, the GTA series, the Assasins Creed series, and Red Dead Redemption. I'd say Uncharted is optional, but it's a very borderline optional. Personally, I wouldn't pass on it.

Then again, that's only my opinion. It didn't strike me as hard as it does many others, but it is excellent.

Very excited for Uncharted 3, looks like it'll be even better than 2. The fact that it's in the desert automatically sold me.

Ben

Reaction score
New Video With Some Gameplay footage.

[youtube]rwX2qWCJKuI[/youtube]