UFC star Chris Cyborg discusses possible wrestling debut

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

NovaGB

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
You have to take into consideration it is first a foremost a entertainment show, and Ronda (as is Cris Justino) is a huge name in combat sports and a olympic medallist so she brings in alot of attention.

Cyborg is a absolute beast of a woman, i do think that even when she fights shes is very rigid, shes a very stiff striker, but she does have a black belt in BJJ so she must be more flexible than she looks, i mean you rarely see it because she has usually knocked her opponent way before any threat of a take down.

I mean look wise she will translate well because she has a very roidy look (she has been popped for Steroid use in the past), even if she is not the usual angelic looking attractive looking female wrestler fans are used to.

Who knows, she has genuine beef with Ronda Rousey and she has some staged looking Twitter beef with Becky, so we will see how it plays out.

white crow

The Serbian Butcher
Hotshot
Reaction score
You have to take into consideration it is first a foremost a entertainment show, and Ronda (as is Cris Justino) is a huge name in combat sports and a olympic medallist so she brings in alot of attention.

Cyborg is a absolute beast of a woman, i do think that even when she fights shes is very rigid, shes a very stiff striker, but she does have a black belt in BJJ so she must be more flexible than she looks, i mean you rarely see it because she has usually knocked her opponent way before any threat of a take down.

I mean look wise she will translate well because she has a very roidy look (she has been popped for Steroid use in the past), even if she is not the usual angelic looking attractive looking female wrestler fans are used to.

Who knows, she has genuine beef with Ronda Rousey and she has some staged looking Twitter beef with Becky, so we will see how it plays out.
Ye, but no-one wants more mma fighters in wrestling. We hate seeing them anywhere when it comes to squared circle and they shouldn’t be given a chance to steal the show. And why does it matter how she looks? Primarily and most importantly she has to learn how to wrestle, which isn’t something you learn that quick in your mid 30s especially if you’re not dedicated enough.

Reactions: DualShock

DualShock

Jobber
Reaction score
Ye, but no-one wants more mma fighters in wrestling.
I think that's the biggest issue here. When Ken Shamrock debuted in WWE in 1997 the UFC wasn't on the level it is today and there wasn't someone like him before in the company so it was more like a Bad News Brown Style style gimmick "I come from a tough world to show everybody why you should fear me" than a legitimate fighter who made it too obvious that pro wrestling is scripted and fake.
After Shamrock's pro wrestling debut was successful the WWE tried it with Dan Severn. Severn wasn't just any fighter, he was a killer but his WWE run wasn't successful because the WWE fans already had a shoot fighter in the company so he wasn't well received, the fans have realized having one shoot fighter was adding variety to the roster and the shows but having more than one fighter (which means WWE would hire more shoot fighters in the future) would make pro wrestling look bad and soft.
Same with Cris Cyborg, having one female fighter like Ronda Rousey was fine because having one shoot fighter can be considered a gimmick but not having a bunch of MMA people in a pro wrestling promotion.
Reminds me of when WWE did the Brawl for All tournament or when WCW did the storyline "Goldberg refused to follow the script, now Scott Steiner and Goldberg will face off without scripts" where the fans have to ask themselves why watch a PPV where one match is promoted as a match between legitimate fighters because the company tells you that the rest of the card is full of fake fights.