UFC star Chris Cyborg discusses possible wrestling debut

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

white crow

The Serbian Butcher
Hotshot
Reaction score

(end of the video)

Sucessful MMA fighter talked about possible debut in WWE or AEW. She said that she’s a fan of both promotions and that fans stop her on the street asking if she will ever step in a wrestling ring. Cyborg explained that she’s currently focused on winning UFC world titles but if the circumstances are right she might try herself in a wrestling ring in a matter of couple of years.

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
If it's with AEW, I'm all for it.. Cyborg is a beast, if she can be half as good as Ronda Rousey, she would benefit any promotion.

white crow

The Serbian Butcher
Hotshot
Reaction score
If it's with AEW, I'm all for it.. Cyborg is a beast, if she can be half as good as Ronda Rousey, she would benefit any promotion.
I doubt that would be the case tho. We’ve seen how transfers from mma to wrestling and vice versa usually end up.. This girl is not that young and she has no wrestling experience whatsoever

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
If she’s gonna be full time, she better be able to work around the drug testing lol. If she’s part time, WWE doesn’t give a shit about drugs really. Lol.

I mean it would be fun to have her around sometimes, part time.

Reactions: white crow

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
I doubt that would be the case tho. We’ve seen how transfers from mma to wrestling and vice versa usually end up.. This girl is not that young and she has no wrestling experience whatsoever

Transfering from MMA to pro wrestling usually ends up well.. Matt Riddle, Ronda and even Cain Velasquez is doing good... Not sure what you're talking about..

white crow

The Serbian Butcher
Hotshot
Reaction score
Transfering from MMA to pro wrestling usually ends up well.. Matt Riddle, Ronda and even Cain Velasquez is doing good... Not sure what you're talking about..
Well I’m talking about Ronda being shit in the ring and only performing those cringy arm drops, and also about Velasquez who isn’t any better. It’s a scripted sport, pushing someone to the top doesn’t make them good. And Riddle is an exception, he really is quite good, same goes for Lesnar in mma.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Well I’m talking about Ronda being shit in the ring and only performing those cringy arm drops, and also about Velasquez who isn’t any better. It’s a scripted sport, pushing someone to the top doesn’t make them good. And Riddle is an exception, he really is quite good, same goes for Lesnar in mma.
I honestly think Rhonda is good in the ring. He was shaky at first, but she wasn’t carried by angle in her first match and she put on a fun show and only got better.

Reactions: NovaGB

white crow

The Serbian Butcher
Hotshot
Reaction score
I honestly think Rhonda is good in the ring. He was shaky at first, but she wasn’t carried by angle in her first match and she put on a fun show and only got better.
I disagree. She completely ruined the Wrestlemania triple threat with her visibly inferior below mid-card wrestling and she wasn’t much better in other ppv’s either. Even Goldberg with his 3 moves of doom looks like Daniel Bryan compared to her.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I disagree. She completely ruined the Wrestlemania triple threat with her visibly inferior below mid-card wrestling and she wasn’t much better in other ppv’s either. Even Goldberg with his 3 moves of doom looks like Daniel Bryan compared to her.
I don’t get how so, besides her botching the pin a little. She did fine, I don’t recall where she’s majorly like fucked up or not been entertaining.

Reactions: NovaGB

white crow

The Serbian Butcher
Hotshot
Reaction score
I don’t get how so, besides her botching the pin a little. She did fine, I don’t recall where she’s majorly like fucked up or not been entertaining.
Repeated same moves no-one wanted to see, slightly or completely inproper performance of other moves and cringy facial expressions followed by also cringy talk mid-match. If Charlotte and Becky weren’t class A wrestlers that main event would be deeply fucked up.
Ok now I'm convinced he's just trolling.
Nah dude, we just seem to have completely different stances here.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Repeated same moves no-one wanted to see, slightly or completely inproper performance of other moves and cringy facial expressions followed by also cringy talk mid-match. If Charlotte and Becky weren’t class A wrestlers that main event would be deeply fucked up.

Nah dude, we just seem to have completely different stances here.
Crazy, and not that I only trust bleacher report, but overall, most critics and fans alike feel she did a great job and was always entertaining and believable. We’re all entitled to our opinions, but dude, she was like a fish in water when it came to WWE. The adaptability was crazy good.

#winning > click there for article

white crow

The Serbian Butcher
Hotshot
Reaction score
Crazy, and not that I only trust bleacher report, but overall, most critics and fans alike feel she did a great job and was always entertaining and believable. We’re all entitled to our opinions, but dude, she was like a fish in water when it came to WWE. The adaptability was crazy good.

#winning > click there for article
Ye, 90% of people say the same thing about Orton but you don’t. Fish in the water? She sucks at wrestling(in-ring) and that’s still her best ability. She’s cringy on the mic and you can always see that she’s trying too hard but it’s still not good enough, promo cutting skills below average. Obviously a lot of people will cheer for her because she was famous before WWE but that’s not really cheering for her like a wrestler, people were reacting to Trump at Wrestlemania too but it doesn’t make Trump a good wrestler either lol.

CM Punk wasn’t made for mma and Ronda wasn’t made for wrestling. That’s how I see it, as well as plenty of other people.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Ye, 90% of people say the same thing about Orton but you don’t. Fish in the water? She sucks at wrestling(in-ring) and that’s still her best ability. She’s cringy on the mic and you can always see that she’s trying too hard but it’s still not good enough, promo cutting skills below average. Obviously a lot of people will cheer for her because she was famous before WWE but that’s not really cheering for her like a wrestler, people were reacting to Trump at Wrestlemania too but it doesn’t make Trump a good wrestler either lol.

CM Punk wasn’t made for mma and Ronda wasn’t made for wrestling. That’s how I see it, as well as plenty of other people.
90% of the people only say that when Orton cares.... that’s my issue with his whiny entitled ass... he’s a bitch.

The fact that you’re comparing reacting to trump to Rhonda is showing your absurdity lol.... not even comparable. Crazy. People reacted to her matches because of her wrestling, not just because she stood there and looked intimidating, they reacted to her wrestling.. You ever seen a Rhonda match? lol seriously....

yeah Rhonda was as bad as cm punk.... cm punk can’t even win 1 fight and never looked like he even stood a chance, yet critics and fans alike think Rhonda overall did very well in WWE with wrestling, and only needed some mic work. Easily compatible. Lol. I would love to see all these people who think punk and Rhonda are comparable

Last edited: