UFC on Fox 2: Evans vs. Davis

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
I need to watch the post fight press conference to hear from Chael, I'm sure he's going to have something to say.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
So UFC on Fox 1 was too short with the quick blowout while UFC on Fox 2 was much longer with 3 fights except 2 of them were blowfests :lmao
Same thing that came to mind as well. Just saw how a dragged out fight can suck just as much as a 30 second fight.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Pretty disappointed if I'm being honest.

Didn't expect anything from Maia/Weidmann, and even then it was fucking garbage. Maia is boring as hell and Weidmann doesn't look much of a prospect either. I'll give him a pass for only having two weeks notice.

Sonnen/Bisping was close, Bis comes out of the fight with the higher stock, IMO. Nobody expected him to hang in there with Chael and I think he shocked a few people. Sonnen won the second and third, IMO. Post fight interview was too cheesy.

Davis was doing well in the first round with the leg kicks and just gave up on them for some reason. He looked horrible the rest of the fight. Rashad to his credit tried to make a fight of it but Davis has such an awkward, dull style that it was never gonna happen. Jones still beats him in a blowout, IMO.

The next Fox show should be a lot better.

Ben

Reaction score
Got home late and just watch this recorded. Card was way better than the first, and although the fights where longer and didn't have a lot of fireworks this was still a great card.

Was big on Weidman going in the fact that he gassed so bad changes my opnion of him a bit, but he might of had a shit cut, if not he'll always be in the middle of the division.

Rashad looked good, still think he can dominate Jones on the ground in there fight, but he won't win standing. Davis just needs to fine tune his game, he looked like shit on the mat and just gave up position a lot which cost him a lot of damage.

Now for the bitching.....whoever scored the Sonnen/Bisping fight 30-27 should be fired on the spot, 29-28 is more believable they just gave it to the wrong guy. Sonnen took the 3rd no doubt, but Bisping pushed the pace and landed a shit load more strikes in round 1 and 2, and even though Sonnen got the take downs he didn't do much with them, not enough to win either of those rounds.

On top of that he came out like a wild man, and it resulted in him moving at half pace in round 1 or 2, if he comes out like that against Silva he's going to get worked over quick. His wrestling looked on another level in the Stann fight, not so much tonight. UFC gets there big money fight though, and hopefully I get to see Silva knock him the hell out.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah no clue where that 30-27 came from, and Sonen is trashing Silva so bad in the post fight.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I caught the end of the Maia Weidman fight and I couldn't believe how gassed both of them were in only the third round.

With the Sonnen Bisping fight, when they announced the judges scorecard at the end and said 30-27 I was on my feet because surely that meant Bisping had won. No idea how Sonnen won 30-27, I had Bisping winning the first two rounds and Sonnen winning the last although I can see how one or two of the judges could have scored it 29-28 for Sonnen. Surprised that Bisping was so fine with the result right after the fight, he should have been pissed. Sonnen did a nice job of skipping the interview with Rogan so that he couldn't be asked questions on how much he struggled. Bisping looks great after that fight and keeps himself in line for a title shot at a later date.

Missed the mainevent and was a bit disappointed that Davis couldn't at least take a round from him.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Even in the post fight conference , Bisping was wicked classy about it he congratulated Sonnen on the win and everything.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
CHICAGO – Lavar Johnson, Charles Oliveira, Evan Dunham and Nik Lentz each earned $65,000 fight-night bonuses for their performances at Saturday's UFC on FOX 2 event.

Johnson earned the night's "Knockout of the Night" award, Oliveira picked up the "Submission of the Night" bonus, and Dunham and Lentz earned "Fight of the Night" honors.

MMAjunkie.com (UFC blog for UFC news, UFC rumors, fighter interviews and event previews/recaps | MMAjunkie.com) learned of the bonus winners and award amounts at UFC on FOX 2's post-fight press conference.

UFC on FOX 2 took place at Chicago's United Center. The night's main card aired on FOX, and six of the evening's seven preliminary bouts aired on FUEL TV.

Johnson earned his check for a first-round knockout of the always-durable Joey Beltran. The former Strikeforce heavyweight, making his UFC debut, used a stiff jab to open the fight and then unleashed a devastating barrage of right hands that left Beltran out on his feet and earned Johnson the "Knockout of the Night."

Oliveira, fighting for the first time at 145 pounds nearly earned his first-round submission win over Eric Wisely with a quickly applied heel hook. However, Wisely pulled free from the hold temporarily, only to be caught again in a deftly maneuvered calf-crusher. Wisely shouted out in pain from the rarely-seen maneuver, which secured Oliveira the evening's "Submission of the Night."

Those were all prelim fighters who earned the bonuses for the night, completely agree with the decisions.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Even in the post fight conference , Bisping was wicked classy about it he congratulated Sonnen on the win and everything.

Not what I expected from Bisping, I thought he might mouth off a bit after that decision. I guess he must realise that he opened a lot of eyes with that performance showing that he could hang with Sonnen.

Did anyone ask Sonnen about why he struggled in this fight or did Sonnen not let them get a word in?

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Sonnen came right out and put Bisping over basically saying he was the better fighter tonight, he even admitted he wasn't sure about the 30-27 decision but was happy to walk away with the win. it was really surprising honestly.

Kept saying Silva wasn't going to fight him and that Anderson will retire, and if that's the case he wants Bisping again only this time for the title.

Last edited:

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Awesome. I am glad that Sonnen actually talked Bisping up and didn't try to claim that he dominated Bisping for the whole fight. Still don't know why he keeps saying that Silva will retire, I am sure that the fight will still happen and then hopefully Bisping still gets to fight the winner.