UFC on Fox 2: Evans vs. Davis

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah it was nice to see the serious side of Sonnen again, and Bisping said that he opened up a lot of people's eyes with his performance tonight which is completely true and for that reason he wanted the winner of Sonnen-Silva but Dana wasn't at the conference so he couldn't speak on it.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Bisping will probably have to fight once more because it would be too long to wait for the winner of Sonnen/Silva. Maybe he will get Munoz next?

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
That's what i was thinking because Munoz missed his shot at the title due to injury and Bisping lost his shot in controversial fashion so that fight would make sense.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Munoz/Bisping would make a lot of sense.

If not that, I'd like to see Palhares get a shot at either, really underrated fighter.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Bisping showed that he can stand there with the elites and make it close. So definitely kudos to Bisping and he does deserve another big fight. But I will say... overall the show bored me. Maia fight was horrible. Absolutely horrible. The co main was the exciting fight of the night. Evans vs. Davis... Davis had the perfect offense with the leg kicks in the first round. What happened after that? Abandoned it. I mean it worked and yet he leaves it?

So yep... Evans vs. Jones in Atlanta. I am very ready for that fight.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Early ratings are in for Saturday night's UFC on FOX 2 event, and the two-hour broadcast drew an estimated 4.37 million viewers, according to a report by TVBytheNumbers.com.

The final number, however, is likely to increase substantially by the time final ratings are released, as information continues to trickle in on the live broadcast.

By comparison, the initial UFC on FOX show last November featuring a heavyweight title bout with Cain Velasquez and Junior dos Santos drew an overnight rating of 4.64 million, but when final information was released, it ended up averaging a more robust 5.7 million viewers for the one-hour special.

Not a bad rating at all, think it could match or even be higher than the first Fox show's ratings once all of the numbers come in.

Last edited:

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
UFC and FOX will be hoping that the next show will be a mixture of the first and the second. Some matches that go into the final round but with exciting finishes.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Maybe just hoping for more exciting fights. that first fight was horrid. Need more fights like the Bisping/Sonnen one. Ones that are so close that you're just like... who is going to win. And for the record... the judge that ruled 30/27 in that fight needs to be removed from further judging cause he obviously doesn't know how to judge.

But yeah... need more fights like that. The Maia fight sucked. The first round of the Evans/Davis fight was good. After that it went pffffft. More exciting watching a tire deflate cause Phil Davis just got too cautious and wasn't bringing the heat.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
The card needed matchups like the FX card lastweek. The problem with putting people like Sonnen, Maia, Rashad and Davis is that it isn't going to make people call their friends saying "Holyshit! You have to watch this."

Sonnen can talk, but his fights are about as entertaining as watching paint dry.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Here's the rating breakdowns for each fight.

Demian Maia vs. Chris Weidman: 2.3 rating with a 4 share.
Chael Sonnen vs. Michael Bisping: 2.9 rating with a 5 share.
Rashad Evans vs. Phil Davis: 3.4 rating with a 6 share.

Duke Nukem

Reaction score
I felt bad for Davis in a way. I just don't think he was ready for this fight. Kind of rushed him into this. But oh well, hopefully he can recover. I still feel he has a bright future.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
I felt bad for Davis in a way. I just don't think he was ready for this fight. Kind of rushed him into this. But oh well, hopefully he can recover. I still feel he has a bright future.
Phil has a really bright future in the ufc, like you said he was rushed, Too much too soon.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Final numbers are in, and the actual Fox Show did 4.6 Million viewers which is a little lower than their first show on fox i believe that was 5.9 Million, and the Prelims did a 140K viewers for this most recent show

Last edited: