UFC on Fox 2: Evans vs. Davis

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I do like Dana, but sometimes he's such a bellend it's unreal.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Evans is fighting for the right to finally get his crack at his former stablemate and friend, Jon Jones, who recently outed the fact that tensions between them are very real. Davis, meanwhile, is simply hoping to play spoilsport and maintain his undefeated record as he slowly rises through the light heavyweight ranks.

No, they're not delivering one liners a mile a minute like Sonnen. But they've been bickering back and forth from the first press conference held to announce the event.

Now, in a recent conference call, they've gone right back to verbally ripping each other's throats out. Get your popcorn ready to enjoy the show (via Slam Sports) after the jump.

Evans gets the volley started by interrupting Davis to let him know how he feels:

"Let's get one thing straight, you aren't beating me. It can't come fast enough. I'm going to smash you, dude. He isn't ready and he knows he isn't ready. When I look into his eyes, he isn't ready. You're just a boy."

Davis, never one to back down, responds:

"I was kind of thinking you shouldn't be too concerned about that title shot. It's not going to be for a little while. You've got a little while before you can worry about a title shot. It's not going to happen this time around."

"Suga" doesn't feel "Mr. Wonderful" is ready for the bright lights and the big stage.

"We're going to see what happens when those lights hit you. When you walk out and that crowd is roaring. We're going to see what kind of man you are. We're going to see what kind of fighter you are, because I know you aren't a fighter. When you get hit in the mouth, things change. When you got hit by Lil Nog (Antonio Rogerio Nogueira), you didn't know what to do. When I hit you in the mouth, you're going to feel it."

Na-na-na-na-na-na.

"Oh, that's scary."

Evans isn't a big fan of the fact that Davis thinks he beat him nor that he wouldn't fight for free because the game just isn't in his blood.

"Come one, come all-it doesn't matter who they put against me. I've got to beat them all the same, no matter what, no matter how they stack them up. If Phil is next in line, Phil is next in line. But the fact that this kid actually thinks he can beat me kind of bothers me now. Look, there are some people that will fight if they weren't getting paid to fight, and I'm one of those people. Phil is not one of those people."

He'll find no disagreement with Phil.

"You're absolutely right; I'd be pushing a pen. But since I get paid to fight, it looks like you're next."

Evans parting words are simple and to the point. Once they step inside the Octagon, it's time to party ... and there's no turning back.

"There's a difference with the mindset. You're going to find out what that difference in mindset is ... You can say what you want to over the phone, but once we get in that cage and you can't get out, we're going to see how you feel then."

Davis is simply using Evans trash talking as motivation.

"When I'm on top of you, I'm going to remind you with every shot what you said. Remind you with every shot."

War of words starting up between Shad and Davis.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Evans is annoyed because Davis thinks he can win?!?! What the hell. I would be more worried if Davis went into the fight thinking he was going to lose. This makes me want to see Davis win even more because Evans sounds like a whiny bitch in this press conference.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Saturday's UFC on FOX 2 event officially has sold out, UFC executives today announced.

The event, which is the UFC's sophomore effort on the FOX network, takes place Jan. 28 at Chicago's United Center.

A tripleheader featuring light heavyweights Rashad Evans vs. Phil Davis airs on FOX and precedes the night's FUEL TV-televised preliminary card.

"The fans in Chicago have wanted us to come back there for a long time, and they proved why it's a great sports town by selling out the United Center," UFC president Dana White stated. "Get ready Chicago. We're bringing a night of fights that you won't forget!"

The UFC hasn't hosted a show in the Chicago area since UFC 90, which took place at Allstate Arena in Rosemont, Ill., in 2008.

United Center can accommodate up to approximately 21,000 spectators

MMAjunkie.com

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
[video=youtube;rYZdmzLL47Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYZdmzLL47Q&feature=player_embedded[/video]

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
[video=youtube;c5JyHzeotgc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=c5JyHzeotgc[/video]

Here's the press conference, it starts at the 24:00 mark. Also love how Chael is carrying around a UFC title, even though he's not champ :lol:

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Fucking hate Rashad. Would love to see Davis humble him, but on the other hand I want to see him fight and hopefully get embarassed by Jones.

Reactions: 1 person

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Not understanding all the Rashad hate, dude is only been consistently one of the best 205ers in the world since 07. One loss since then isn't nothing to scoff at. Davis doesn't have the striking to compete with him and since both are great wrestlers, they would cancel eachother out and leave Davis lying on the canvas imo. Dude showed in the Lil Nog fight that he didn't like getting hit.

Also, Rashad would be the biggest test for Jon Jones, and seeing as Jones looks like someone buying into his own hype, it's only a matter of time when someone tags him and sends him back to reality. Be it Hendo or Rashad.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
The same people who dislike him probably dislike GSP and Fitch too.

Its just a general distain with boring fighters/fights.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
The same people who dislike him probably dislike GSP and Fitch too.

Its just a general distain with boring fighters/fights.

Those people don't understand fighting or are just biased against effective techniques that don't look like a Tony Jaa movie.

Reactions: 1 person

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Weigh In Results

MAIN CARD (FOX)

• Phil Davis (205) vs. Rashad Evans (205)
  • Michael Bisping (185) vs. Chael Sonnen (185)
  • Demian Maia (186) vs. Chris Weidman (185)
PRELIMINARY CARD (FUEL TV)

• Evan Dunham (155) vs. Nik Lentz (155)
  • John-Olav Einemo (253) vs. Mike Russow (251)
  • George Roop (145) vs. Cub Swanson (145)
  • Charles Oliveira (144) vs. Eric Wisely (145)
  • Michael Johnson (156) vs. Shane Roller (156)
  • Joey Beltran (228) vs. Lavar Johnson (252)
PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook)
  • Chris Camozzi (185) vs. Dustin Jacoby (185)

Ben

Reaction score
Have a convention for work that runs into the evening tomorrow so I'll most likely miss watching this live. Shouldn't be that hard to not be spoiled though, DVR it and watch it when I get home.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Ah that sucks, hopefully other tune in so we can get this thread going.

Will you be around next weekend for UFC 143?