UFC 145: Jones vs. Evans

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
I just don't think he's got it in him to be competitive anymore, especially with how stacked the division is currently i mean since 2006 he has a record of 1-6-1
Also, still pissed you're going to see Jones fight live before i have the chance too :DLO:

Last edited:

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Tito is thick headed... and he has a HUGE head... I'm still amazed that nobody has knocked him out with that HUGE head of his.

And for your situation I think the future Hall of famer Ron Simmons sums it up best...

:Smiley_DAMN:DAMN!

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Tito wont retire, he'll get paid by M1 to be a punchbag for Fedor on one of his Russian bumfest cards.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
M1 is rather dumb... but the question is would Tito bother dealing with them. He seems to be a UFC faithful and wouldn't bother going anywhere else after UFC. Well I mean now he wouldn't seem to want to go anywhere else. Plus I dunno. It just wouldn't seem like a likely move.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
I don't know, i see him getting this fight with Forrest, "retiring" and going to BAMMA or Shark fights after like a year or some shit.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Well tickets are in so now we play the waiting game.

I'm still hoping there is another big name fight added to the card cause right now the card still looks bland. Sucks the Tito/Forrest fight won't be on there. Would have been completely awesome to see that.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
Evans vs Bones this should be an exciting fight and the emotions will be high as the two are close friends hell they have trained together.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah other than Sonnen/Silva it's the one of the fights that's happening this year that has gotten really personal between the two fighters, Going with Jones by 2nd round KO.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Where are you going to be sitting for the show? like how close to the octagon?

I'ma be in the lower bowl... section 108. Won't be on the floor... but it might be better to be up there to see over people.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah that's true, but at least you're able to even go. I'm going to the UFC On Fox 3 show in New Jersey, but I'd much rather go to this show.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Yeah me too. I told my friend that since I wasn't an MMA fan the first time they were in Atlanta and that was a good card... rampage/Hendo... I told her that the next time that UFC comes to Atlanta I will be sure to go and it is coming... so I made sure as soon as it was known when tickets were available that I'd tell her and we would get them and go. I cannot wait for the main event. Gonna be freakin sweet to see Jon Bones Jones live.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah i have a friend who went to UFC 140 when Jones fought Machida and he said the crowd's go fucking crazy for Jones.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Its gonna be awesome to hear Bruce Buffer make the announcement and introduce the fighters. He is my favorite announcer of all time. Gonna be sweet.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
The grudge match is coming, and FX is going to document the buildup.

In advance of their UFC 145 light heavyweight title fight, UFC champ Jon Jones and former title holder Rashad Evans will be featured in an upcoming edition of "UFC Primetime," a three-part special that airs on FX.

The first episode airs Friday, April 6, at 11 p.m. ET, with subsequent episodes premiering in the same timeslot on April 13 and April 20.

Replays of each episode air on FUEL TV.

"UFC 145: Jones vs. Evans" takes place April 21 at Atlanta's Philips Arena. The night's main card airs on pay-per-view.

Jones and Evans, former friends and training partners, have already waged a very public battle of words, and the tension is expected to build as the fight nears.

Jones, of course, fought most recently in December, downing former champion Lyoto Machida in impressive fashion and bringing to a close one of the most impressive calendar years in MMA history. After the fight, Jones expressed his desire to take a few months off. However, that plan quickly changed.

Meanwhile, Evans has now earned four-straight wins since losing the light heavyweight title to Machida in May 2009. "Suga" downed Phil Davis, Tito Ortiz, Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and Thiago Silva to earn his way back to a title challenge.

No surprise they're doing a Prime time special for this fight, would like to see one for Sonnen/Silva as well. Both have become such personal fights.