UFC 145 Discussion/Prediction Thread (Saturday April 21)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Jones is a freak of nature. He is so new to the sport but completely clowned elite guys like Shogun & Machida.

Him choking out Machida with a standing guillotine is one of the craziest things I've seen:
jonchokemac.gif

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
4da33df1151f6e9d08e0caff1dd50942.png

Not too confident in a lot of these, but here is my full list of predictions for fun.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
He stole the crawl from Rashad. He's a biter.

Didn't you watch the vid?

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Must have missed the part when he patented crawling tbh, he must be pissed with all those babies jacking his style also hate me now always make me think of Miz now.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Jon Jones = Rashad wannabe. End of story case closed pipebomb

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
524323_10150696302254510_502869509_9256573_1520513946_n.jpg

Rashad needs to do this to Jones at the weigh ins

Screen-Recording-9.gif

Rampage is a funny ass dude

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I do hate Jon Jones. I hate his guts

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/blog/mma/post/_/id/10440/ufc-on-odd-ground-with-jones-sponsorship

What in the unholy fuck is this? Jon Jones being sponsored by the UFC. Bit of a conflict of interest, no? How can the UFC possibly think they can sponsor the guy and not wind up showing him favoritism over the long haul? What a joke. I truly hate everything the UFC is becoming.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
UFC probably is one of the largest sport federations in the world tbh, it's seemed to be what's put boxing as a whole from it's death bed to the grave beyond Manny and Money Mayweather. They definitely seem to be taking over combat sports if not already completed it, plus it's only really blown up since Chuck Liddell and Randy Couture brought in there in about 2005/2006. So it's still a baby in the mainstream.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Kill Steen Kill said:
UFC probably is one of the largest sport federations in the world tbh, it's seemed to be what's put boxing as a whole from it's death bed to the grave beyond Manny and Money Mayweather. They definitely seem to be taking over combat sports if not already completed it, plus it's only really blown up since Chuck Liddell and Randy Couture brought in there in about 2005/2006. So it's still a baby in the mainstream.

The entire sport of MMA is in it's infancy, so it's crazy how big it is already considering 'MMA' was basically nothing until UFC 1 in the early 90s. Boxing has a ton of issues in its own rights that are killing that product, but MMA is definitely a contributing factor.

I think we will see MMA growing a ton over the next few years with the new addition of having free fights on network television (Fox).

Crayo said:
Man UFC has the biggest potential in the world for domination, but it ruins it with shitty ref call and then s*** like that. Is Dana out of his mind?

Sadly the UFC doesn't even get to choose the refs or judges for fights, that comes down to the NSAC, or whatever commission runs MMA if they aren't in Vegas. Judging/refs are easily the two biggest problems in MMA though, 3rd being the UFC monopoly. It's good on one hand having 90% of the top MMA fighters in the world in one company, but it creates a handful of other issues as well.