UFC 143 Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Nick skipped the presser : (

It bothers me when guys come into a fight knowing full well they plan on winning by decision. Typical Greg Jackson fight, typical reason why my interest in the UFC has been waning in recent years

Tzesi

The Artiste
Reaction score
@[seabs] Skype : Thomas.austin1994
Any relatives from Greece?

marcp602

Jobber
Reaction score
nick diaz shuda won hands dwn

and i hope him and gsp fite still

Tzesi

The Artiste
Reaction score
The closest I could see Condit winning is by split decision but imo Diaz won.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Tzesi said:
The closest I could see Condit winning is by split decision but imo Diaz won.

It's not like that man.. if all 3 judges scored it 48-47 Condit and he won a unanimous decision like that it would be understandable, because I had it 1,2,5 for Diaz, but every round in the first 3 was close as hell.. with the 4th clearly going to Condit and for me at least, Diaz winning the 5th hands down with what he did for the last two minutes, getting his back, and nearly finishing a RNC and going for an arm bar.

This is the problem: http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/934628/photo.JPG

4 rounds to 1 on TWO SCORE CARDS and they both gave CONDIT THE 5TH. The judging is atrocious, and as long as it is so, you will continue to see guys 'point' their way to victory instead of coming to actually win a fight like most of us want to see. You can thank Greg Jackson, because most of his fighters do this lame ass shit in one form or another.

Cecil Peoples needs to be shot in the head... he's turned in so many random ass score cards in big fights that make no sense.. how does this joker have a job

Tzesi

The Artiste
Reaction score
I don't care about the score cards mate.They probably just count strikes.
Condit was running away the whole fight,yesterday that wasn't MMA.
It was Diaz he MMA fighter and Condit the defensive boxer.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Tzesi said:

Dolph's point is that even though everyone agrees Diaz won, it wasn't even close according to those cards. How they can give 4-1 including the 5th is as Dolph said atrocious. I mean, Diaz dominated that 5th round.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Tzesi said:

My post was in response to you saying it should have been a split decision. I used to think this way too, but it's a faulty way to look at the judging. A unanimous decision can be perfectly acceptable even if the fight was the closest thing you've ever seen if all 3 judges see it the same way. Any time someone says 'it should have been a split decision' is incredibly flawed logic is all

Crayo said:
Dolph's point is that even though everyone agrees Diaz won, it wasn't even close according to those cards. How they can give 4-1 including the 5th is as Dolph said atrocious. I mean, Diaz dominated that 5th round.

Nah everyone doesn't agree Diaz won, tons of people scored the fight for Condit, which is fine because he 'played the game' like Diaz said (not winning him any fans with that pussy style mind you) but anyone giving Condit the 5th is Blue and anyone scoring it 4 rounds to 1 is Blue

Tzesi

The Artiste
Reaction score
The "scoring system" in the UFC is an issue for a long time.
Cmon, even if I'm not a fan of Diaz Condit just ran away the whole fight.That's not MMA dude.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Tzesi said:
The "scoring system" in the UFC is an issue for a long time.
Cmon, even if I'm not a fan of Diaz Condit just ran away the whole fight.That's not MMA dude.

You don't have to preach to me man, I'm the choir. I agree with you on both points, but this decision isn't even one of the 15 or 20 worst that I've seen out of the UFC, even though I gave the fight to Diaz.

In a couple of the rounds you were splitting hairs.. but Diaz won the 1st and 5th at least, but Cecil Peoples and the other judge who scored it 49-46 gave him only the 3rd?? what?? I gave Condit the 3rd

Tzesi

The Artiste
Reaction score
Dolph'sZiggler said:
You don't have to preach to me man, I'm the choir. I agree with you on both points, but this decision isn't even one of the 15 or 20 worst that I've seen out of the UFC, even though I gave the fight to Diaz.

In a couple of the rounds you were splitting hairs.. but Diaz won the 1st and 5th at least, but Cecil Peoples and the other judge who scored it 49-46 gave him only the 3rd?? what?? I gave Condit the 3rd

That wasn't my intention.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
It's just a saying bro. You and I are on the same page when it comes to MMA judging and Condit running. I'm sick of guys 'pointing' their way to victory and taking the combat out of the combat sports

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Dolph'sZiggler said:
It's just a saying bro. You and I are on the same page when it comes to MMA judging and Condit running. I'm sick of guys 'pointing' their way to victory and taking the combat out of the combat sports

Completely agreed.