UFC 141: Lesnar VS Overeem

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben

Reaction score
I just don't think he had the drive to do it anymore. When he came in the HW division was in the down swing and he was able to just come in there and overpower guys with his strength and wrestling background alone. The division got MUCH stronger since then and he just hasn't worked on his game, his striking and more importantly how to respond to taking a hit just never got better over the years. Plus his health issues took a major toll on him. It's a blow for the UFC but they'll move on the sport is in it's boom period and they have enough interesting and exciting fighter to carry them forward.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
He will do a deal with WWE to do a match like The Rock did either at WM29 or WM30. Big loss for UFC since Lesnar was a money making machine for them. Be interested in hearing what Dana White has to say in the press conference after the PPV.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Royal Rumble maybe

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Definitely can't see him appearing at the Rumble, he will take plenty of time off before he makes any decisions about his future but I guarantee that he will have one more match in WWE since WWE will be offering him millions of dollars for one more WM match.

Overeem made the move over at the right time as now he can try to stake his claim at the top of the division. He is a popular guy already and he matches up well against Dos Santos.

Ben

Reaction score
Don't think he needs to come back right away tbh, not like he needs the money. Don't see him in a WWE ring again until next year at Mania.

Seems like he came into the fight with one foot out the door really, don't think he put his best effort into the fight.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
I'd rather Brock go out like this than to keep losing I would just hate for him to be one of the guys who dont know when to call it quits

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Lesnar v Taker

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Idk. Honestly see him taking a lot of time off and figuring his shit out, i'm sure Vince will be in contact with him though.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Once he was hit he didn't really put up much defence and it seemed like he just wanted it to be over without too much pain. Amazing that he retires with a 5-3 record and yet he had an eventful and successful MMA career.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Would like to think Brock has more integrity than that than to take a dive because he wanted to do WWE. I'm with Ben on the fact that if he were to comeback to WWE it'd be down the line rather than soon. While it seem like he just had one foot out the door I also think he figured if he was gonna go out he was gonna go out trying to show he can go toe to toe with one of the better strikers in MMA and beat him at his own game. Obviously wasn't a good idea in theory and failed. Overeem now has a shot at trying to be the biggest name in that division since Brock leaves a huge void.

Ben

Reaction score
Gonna try to stay up and watch the press confrence just takes forever for them to get going.

Just want to see if Dana gives any insight on Brock still being under contract or not and what he thinks about him leaving.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah i don't think Brock would take a dive in any fight, i think maybe Summerslam could be a target date for him but honestly idk. I'm sure he's going to take time off up in Canada again for a while.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Anyone know where I can watch the press conference? They never show it here in Australia.

Is it on ufc.com?

Status
Not open for further replies.