UFC 138: Leben vs. Munoz

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
UFC 138

Official fight card

Main card
Middleweight bout: Chris Leben vs. Mark Muñoz
Bantamweight bout: Brad Pickett vs. Renan Barão
Welterweight bout: Thiago Alves vs. Papy Abedi
Lightweight bout: Terry Etim vs. Edward Faaloloto
Lightweight bout: Paul Taylor vs. Anthony Njokuani

Preliminary card (Facebook)
Light Heavyweight bout: Cyrille Diabaté vs. Anthony Perosh
Welterweight bout: John Maguire vs. Justin Edwards
Featherweight bout: Michihiro Omigawa vs. Jason Young
Heavyweight bout: Rob Broughton vs. Philip De Fries
Welterweight bout: Chris Cope vs. Che Mills
Bantamweight bout: Chris Cariaso vs. Vaughan Lee

This is a pretty weak card and it will be held in England. Mainevent should be good but other than that there isn't that much star power on the card.

Chris Leben has a hit and miss record whereas Munoz is the quiet acheiver with a 6-2 record in UFC. This fight will be the first non-title five round fight in the UFC. If Leben can't KO Munoz in the early rounds then Munoz will win this.
What do you think of the card?​

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It is a pretty weak card and it is coming off a PPV that without the GSP vs. Condit fight was pretty light on top fights as well. The good news is the event after this is UFC on Fox with the Heavyweight title on the line.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
This card's weak as hell like Scott said.

When is it? I'll skip this one as well.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It is this Sunday. Definitely another skippable event for me. Two in a row that haven't interested me.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
This card is the first card that doesn't hold my interest. The last card... you kinda to be more than a casual mma fan to really want to watch it.

I watched some Pride so I saw the killer Cro Cop, I watched IFL so I knew about Big Country before he even showed up in the Ultimate Fighter and knew that he would win it right out. I have an appreciation for Diaz and his talents so I was invested in the main event. Watching Kongo make that comeback against Pat Barry and seeing Matt KO the guy and walk off like he did had me really interested in that fight. The last card I was kinda hyped for because of those reasons.

This card... only the main event cause I wanna see how long Leben can go. We did see him fight Akiyama 2 weeks after winning a fight to a 3 round submission but Akiyama has no cardio at all. Leben can take shot after shot and keep coming at you. This will be a good fight for him. The only other fight I'm interested in on this card is Thiago Alves just cause I haven't seen him fight in so long and I wanna see what he can do.

So yeah if I miss this card I won't sweat it... I'm more looking forward to UFC on Fox. Last card was good and had a lot running on it even without the title fight. This one... is like they just threw a card together and asked who wanted to fight in the UK and almost everyone declined.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The last card I just didn't think it was worth the $45 price tag. If it was free I would have watched it but it wasn't worth that much without the mainevent.

This card did surprise me because they normally have slightly weaker card for an overseas event but this is really weak.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Ohhhh I don't pay for the shows. I always go out and watch it with my friend at Buffalos so the only thing we're paying for is the food.

But yeah... I def would not have paid 45 dollars for the show.

Hired_Merc

Reaction score
Very weak cards, but I remember seeing a weak card before and it was entertaining as hell (can't remember which one, think was UK one). Considering the last even on paper should've been card of the year thus far and it was the worst UFC event in recent years, i'm giving this a chance. Obviously won't be paying for it, will download.

Ben

Reaction score
This is a weak card, but in general all the Free Spike cards are sub par, and the UK ones always get shafted with poor fights. I'll watch it because I'm usually to cheap to buy the PPV's so it's nice to see fights not through a choppy stream

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Yeah, think I'll go to the beach instead of watching UFC on Sunday dude!

It's 33C (91F) on Sunday :D

Rush

Banned
Reaction score
Pretty sure this card is being shown for free, its England so what do you expect from the card? Nearly all non-North American shows are weak as hell, stop whinging about a free event, stop whinging about not having 'big stars' on every event and be greatful for the fact that we have MMA events running a few times a month as opposed to back in the day getting fuck all events with the quality of fights still not being great. There is plenty of good fighters on this card but it doesn't surprise me that all the douchebag casual fans aren't going to watch.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Pretty much, if you go throwing out the biggest matches you have for free then what would be the point of you buying a PPV for what are generally always strong or at least solid cards. Who knows though while it doesn't have big names it could still end up having great fights and be worth watching.

Rush

Banned
Reaction score
Pretty much. Main card is solid, Barao is a great bantamweight prospect, Etim always goes hard, Alves should be looking to blitz it, disappointed the Taylor fight got taken off the card due to injury. Would've been sick and Munoz/Leben should be a war.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It may be free in the US but in Australia we still have to pay for it and it isn't worth $45. The last PPV I remember getting for free was the first UFC event in Australia.