UFC 138: Leben vs. Munoz

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
It may be free in the US but in Australia we still have to pay for it and it isn't worth $45. The last PPV I remember getting for free was the first UFC event in Australia.

Does your local pub do UFC?

Mine does.

Hired_Merc

Reaction score
For some reason I think Munoz vs. Leben will just be couple rounds of Munoz trying to wrestle with Leben then Leben hitting his chin and knocking him out. Don't really see it being a war tbh, maybe it's because I hate Munoz though.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Leben fights have always intrested me so i'm probably going to tune in for that fight only

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
UFC 138 is set to go tomorrow afternoon in London, England and the weigh in for the event took place earlier today.

All fighters except for, not shockingly, Thiago Alves made weight. This is the third time in his last seven fights Alves has failed to make weight.

Main event fighters Chris Leben and Mark Munoz both weighed in at 186lbs.

Complete results below:

Main Card:

Chris Leben (186) vs. Mark Munoz (186)
Renan Barao (136) vs. Brad Pickett (134)
Thiago Alves (172) vs. Papy Abedi (170)
Terry Etim (156) vs. Edward Faaloloto (155)
Cyrille Diabate (206) vs. Anthony Perosh (205)

Prelin Card:

John Maguire (170) vs. Justin Edwards (170)
Michihiro Omigawa (145) vs. Jason Young (145)
Rob Broughton (258) vs. Philip De Fries (243)
Chris Cope (170) vs. Che Mills (169)
Chris Cariaso (135) vs. Vaughan Lee (135)

MMANews.com

Hired_Merc

Reaction score
I think it's important to state that Alves was only 1 pound over. May of just been a mistake on his part and hopefully he isn't drained inside the octagon. A Thiago Alves who has a good cut is easily top 4/5 WW in the world, an Alves who has a bad cut is much like a Shogun coming off knee injury. Saw that on another forum and it's the best way to describe Alves.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
UFC 138 took place today from the LG Arena in Birminghman, England and featured a middleweight clash between The Ultimate Fighter Season 1 competitor Chris Leben and rising star in the division, Mark Munoz in the main event.

Main Card (Tape Delay on Spike TV)

Mark Munoz def. Chris Leben via corner stoppage - Round 2, 5:00
Renan Barao def. Brad Pickett via submission (rear-naked choke) - Round 1, 4:09
Thiago Alves def. Papy Abedi via submission (rear-naked choke) - Round 1, 3:32
Terry Etim def. Edward Faaloloto via Submission (Guillotine Choke) - Round 1, 0:17
Anthony Perosh def. Cyrille Diabate via submission (rear-naked choke) - Round 2, 3:09

Preliminary Bouts (Live on Facebook)

Michihiro Omigawa def. Jason Young via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
Philip De Fries def. Rob Broughton via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
Che Mills def. Chris Cope via TKO (knee) - Round 1, 0:30
Chris Cariaso def. Vaughan Lee via split decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-28)
John Maguire def. Justin Edwards via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-28)

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
BIRMINGHAM, England – Che Mills, Terry Etim, Renan Barao and Brad Pickett each earned $70,000 fight-night bonuses for their performances at Saturday's UFC 138 event.

Mills earned the night's "Knockout of the Night" award, Etim picked up the "Submission of the Night" bonus, and Barao and Pickett took home "Fight of the Night" honors.

www.mmajunkie.com learned of the bonus winners and award amounts at UFC 138's post-fight press conference.

UFC 138 took place at LG Arena in Birmingham, England. Spike TV airs the fight in the U.S. via tape delay (while other countries air it live), and Facebook streamed the preliminary card live worldwide.

Mills, who competed on the preliminary card, battered fellow welterweight Chris Cope with a knee to the head that set up a TKO victory in just 40 seconds.

Etim, who opened the night's main card, needed just 17 seconds to secure a fight-ending guillotine choke of fellow lightweight Edward Faaloloto. It was a triumphant return after a 19-month layoff due to a lingering rib injury.

Bantamweights Barao and Pickett competed in the night's co-main event. After an initial slugfest, Barao buckled Pickett with a knee to the head, unloaded punches, and then followed the English fighter to the mat to secure the first-round submission victory via rear-naked choke at the 4:09 mark of the round. It marked his 27th straight victory.

MMAJunkie.com

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
From all reports this was actually a really good event. It always seems to happen that way where the cards that get no attention are really entertaining.

The cut above Leben's eye was bad but it is always sad to see a fight end that way you want there to be a clear ending.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
I dip in & out of UFC here and there, but I watched most if it yesterday and thought it was a really good event.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
This past weekend's UFC 138 event drew an average audience of 1.8 million viewers (and a 1.2 household rating) and peaked with more than 2.1 million viewers on Spike TV.

Spike TV officials today sent the ratings information to MMAJunkie.com

The Nov. 5 broadcast was the No. 1 rated program on cable in its timeslot among men 18-34 and men 18-49.

The event took place at LG Arena at the National Exhibition Centre in Birmingham, England. The night's main card aired in the U.S. on Spike TV (via same-day tape delay), and the preliminary card streamed for free on Facebook.

The night's main card featured five live fights. In the main event, Mark Munoz earned a second-round TKO win over Chris Leben when "The Crippler's" corner stopped the contest.

The two-hour Spike TV broadcast began with 1.37 million viewers for Terry Etim's impressive return to the octagon. It ended with 2.14 million for the headliner, the peak mark for the three-hour broadcast.

The ratings were on par with September's UFC Fight Night 25 event, which also drew 1.8 million viewers. UFC Fight Night 23 drew 1.85 million viewers in January, and UFC Fight Night 24 drew 2.2 million in March.

UFC 122, which aired via same-day delay on Spike TV in November 2010, earned an average of 2.2 million viewers.