UFC 114: The Brilz Screwjob?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

XenForo-Test

Reaction score
At UFC 114: Rampage vs Evans, a fairly new fellow by the name of Jason Brilz took on "Little Nog", Antônio Rogério Nogueira, in a match that was just three weeks in the making, after Forrest Griffin, Nogueira's scheduled opponent, had to pull out. Despite a very impressive showing, including a 30 second guillotine choke that nearly sent Nog to sleep, Nog got the nod from the judges. The fans and Dana White disagreed with the decision. Who was right? Who should've won? And how does this match affect Jason Brilz's career?

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Having had a quick look at the fight, I haven't watched the entire thing yet as I can't find video of it, I think that the result should have been as close as it was. Should it have gone to Brilz or should it have gone to Lil Nog well it really is a coin toss situation. The problem I think is that fans expected so much more out of lil Nog that his performance was just terrible in their eyes whereas with Brilz they didn't expect much after taking the fight on such short notice so his performance was over inflated by the fans. Another problem is I think that in all the fights the judges see a name like Lil Nog and then over-rate them immediately and mark up their performance since it is someone big.

Still like Dana White always says, don't let it go to the judges. I think that this will do wonders for Brilz career. He took a fight on short notice and took it up to a top guy like Lil Nog. Dana is on his side which makes it even better for him and he will certainly get more fights with the UFC.

Dademo

Reaction score
I think Brilz should've won the fight, but Little Nog won anyways. Brilz knocked down Little Nog I believe at least once, and had that 30 second Guillotine Choke locked in. Regardless though, it's not like he won by UD so it doesn't seem like a big deal. I'm sure he earned fans from that fight. Plus, it was barely a screwjob. It's not like Dana made Cecil Peoples give more points to Little Nog, as Dana admitted Brilz should have won the fight. There's been more fights that were close like Shogun/Machida 1 and Rampage/Forrest

Last edited: