TT.Tiger tamer

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
The BTB section has turned into the American Economy. It's in a recession. People like The Anigma and me (sometimes) have been putting out stimulus packages by making reviews. Hopefully it bounces back soon.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
the BTB section really needs to get back to its APEX, I'm just guessing that this is only a part time thing. There really isn't anything interesting in BTB currently, there isn't anyone to bash, everything is chill.

10 Pages? That seems like a little overkill, because you could've just stopped at 5 and everyone would've been riding your dick.

and for CTW, that sucks major butt. I was really looking forward to what you had next, but I guess we'll have to wait a little bit.

Qwake

there isn't anyone to bash

NinjaStar is always open for bashing :p

I've tried reviewing my fair share of BTBs, I got the Commencement, HEW, CTs WWE BTB and a few others I think, I haven't reviewed you CMS because your last show was quite long and I knew WrestleBowl would also be long so I thought I would save up for that lol.

Just so you guys know, I am still slowly working on IPW and it will be coming back next wednesday just so you all know. Also, its free for reviews atm too :shifty:

The Rated R CMStar

I guess I miswrote it. The PPV as of right now, with 1 match, is 10 pages long. That's including introduction and the America The Beautiful song.

The match itself (the opener) is about 4 1/2 pages long.

PARANoIR

Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance, but what's the big deal about a 10 page match? That's not overly long.

The Rated R CMStar

And you are?

Anyways, seeing the match you put in the Show your Talent thread, I think I know the reason why your matches are that long:

Both members of the Worlds Greatest Tag Team are not surprisingly down and out in the middle of the ring, as Homicide looks on seemingly a little shocked at the brutality he just saw from Hernandez, the latter then takes the Ladder, sets it up under the Tag Titles and begins to climb it as Homicide looks on underneath…

…..10 rungs to go…..
…..

…..
…..9 rungs to go…..
…..
Benjamin and Haas are showing no signs of movement!
…..
…..8 rungs to go….
…..

…..
…..7 rungs to go….
…..
It HAS to be over! The WGTT are out of it!
…...
…..6 rungs to go…..
…..
The crowd suddenly begins to pop louder
…..
…..5 rungs to go…..
….
JUVENTUD GUERRERA AND PSICOSIS ARE UP ON OPPOSITE SIDES OF THE APRON! AS BOTH HOMICIDE AND HERNANDEZ ARE HAPPY TO SEE THEM THERE TO CHEER THEM ON!
….
.….4 rungs to go…..

Nice stretching of the match. Let me guess, your pinfall counts are like this:

Rey Mysterio makes the cover:

NOOO, ORTON KICKS OUT!!!

Anyways, let it be reminded that in other places there is a 200 words: 1 minute in action, which could explain why some matches might be that long.

In here matches that long are not that common.

Evil Austin

Hey CMS what font do you write in? cause it may add to the ammount of pages. I usually write in about 9 font (not bolded) and my matches for PPV's are about 2.5/3 pages on 9 font. I remember my Royal Rumble match itself was about 9 pages on 9 font.

Edit -- And it is good that you are updating the Year Book that was a good thing and well to be honest I totally forgot it was around with it being quiet for a few months.

And in the past few days there have been so many BTBers signing up; no offense but not many of them will last imo/ though they can prove me wrong. But I see a few shows and then it being left alone.

PARANoIR

Reaction score
And you are?

Anyways, seeing the match you put in the Show your Talent thread, I think I know the reason why your matches are that long:

Nice stretching of the match. Let me guess, your pinfall counts are like this:

Anyways, let it be reminded that in other places there is a 200 words: 1 minute in action, which could explain why some matches might be that long.

In here matches that long are not that common.

lol. Moron. Don't get so emotional over it. It was a genuine question. Nothing more than that. This might be the reason why this place is "dead" at the moment as some of you are putting it, because as soon as someone (that could possibly add something to the section one day) comes in here and asks a question, the apparent "big dog" of the BTB section, gets all threatened because he thinks a relative unknown around these parts is questioning his booking ability.

I'm very much aware of the 200:1 word to minute ratio, therefore you don't need to remind me. Don't get so touchy on things. It's only BTB. Not life and death.

The Rated R CMStar

First off, no, it's not emotional, however exceptuating WCW Rules, people that come from other forums, thanks to the job of Emperor DC of making himself look as an ass, tend to see his posts get taken as an attack to the section.

lol. Moron. Don't get so emotional over it

I am the emotional one and yet you're the one who start to insult the other one.

It was a genuine question. Nothing more than that.
And I am answering it. As you might have descifrated by the posts above, 10 page matches are not that common, so with your comment you are downplaying it and putting it as if it was a normal thing for you. All I did was set a theory as to why your matches are longer. You gain an entire line in just putting a phraze.

This might be the reason why this place is "dead" at the moment as some of you are putting it, because as soon as someone (that could possibly add something to the section one day) comes in here and asks a question, the apparent "big dog" of the BTB section, gets all threatened because he thinks a relative unknown around these parts is questioning his booking ability

1) The place is dead in reviewing spree, not in new members. In the last week just had 4 BTBs start with completely new members.

2) It's funny I am the reason the place is dead, considering I had not posted in the section for about 5 days.

3) Thanks for the big dog compliment, even though it was intended to a shot. I'm not close to being that however.

4) How can I get mad for you threatening my booking skils by questioning the importance of a 10 page long match...when I haven't even written one.

I'm very much aware of the 200:1 word to minute ratio, therefore you don't need to remind me. Don't get so touchy on things. It's only BTB. Not life and death

Lol wut? I mention that another reason your matches might be longer and you might be used to matches that long is because in that forum they follow the 200:1 ratio, but since here we don't, people are not that used to that matches.

To end my post, as I said, if you seriously you made that post with the intention of just asking, I apologize. However, since I know you were trying to downplay the feat and trying to put yourself over as making it seem writing that kind of matches is normal to you.

Oh, and Ninja, I write in Comic Sans 10.

PARANoIR

Reaction score
lol. Damn you're defensive. I'm not even going to bother half of that.

I'd love to find out though, how you "KNOW" that I was trying to downplay the "feat" of writing a 10 match match? Please inform me. It was nothing of the sort, it was a genuine question now pull your head in and take the chip off your shoulder. You're 15 years old dude, being a Moderator of a BTB Forum will do nothing for you in your life, so don't pretend as if you're all high and mighty.

I'd love it if you could also explain why would I want to "put myself over" on a forum that I've never posted a show on and probably never will? I'm not here to "put myself over" as a booker, I'm not here to post shows, the only reason I come to this forum is in the hope of finding some new, interesting threads to read.

Reaction score
Well, XCW: Full Throttle is still around, and I'm still writing stuff, but I don't want to post with very few reviews goings around and no one home for the holidays to read it. I've slowed up a bit and hope to get back into the full swing in Jan. Hope others are doing the same.

The Leviathan

Reaction score
That could be my New Year's Resolution in the section (letting HEW run back to normal), I just hope it will happen *crosses fingers*