TT.Tiger tamer

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Qwake

How would you rate the following bookers:

Headfirst For Hardcore
CMS
xtremebadass
The Anigma
BKB
GardsJr
Fishboy :shifty:
Levi

Why is John Cena your second favourite wrestler behind Batista?

HFH: 8.5/10
CMS: 9
XBA: 8.5 (matches let him down but are alright)
The Anigma: 8.5/10 (same as above)
BKB: Why doesnt this guy quit? j/k 7.5 near 8.
Gards: 6.5 nearing 7, he will improve more as he has been.
me: Meh, I can just DIAF...
Levi: 8.5

as for the other question, Batista can go die for all I know and John Cena is average rofl...

What do you prefer in a BTB to use, Undertaker (Deadman or Badass)

If you had to pick one Real Life BTB to use what would you do WWE or TNA

Which General Manager is your favorite to use, (Ie, Bishoff, Vince, etc...)

1. I havent used either I don't think but using Badass Taker would be much easier since he can do promo's better and everything, deadman is quite hard since he is, well a deadman lol.

2. I would pick TNA because they have more of my favourite wrestlers and I think it would be better showing what you could do and build up TNA where as WWE they are already a big popular company and it would be hard to improve unlike TNA...

3. I like to use Eric Bishoff because he is a great GM and a good heel but I also really like Paul Heyman because he is a good heel and face and is quite easy to get in character.

What do you think of my Video Style?

Do you think ECW is suited for it?

Do you think i should do WCW as well?

Do you think i should do WWF as well?

Do you think Sharkboy should come to ECW?

1. It could be great if you take time and do it well...

2. Don't know, anything is good imo.

3. WCW is great and yeah I guess you could do it as well if you could handle it.

4. ^^^ same as that...

5. Sharky would be awesome on ECW :p

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

sharkboy3:16 said:
Why do you like AJ so much?

Do you like WWE or TNA most? why?
1) Because he is awesome. The moves he can pull off are ... SIMPLY PHENOMENAL. No one in the world entertains me in the ring like AJ ... maybe Mickie :p

2) Um, neither. I like TNA's wrestling better, but they book like they're high as shit.

Qwake

How do you feel your new BTB is going?

How much have you improved in the last month lol?

sup?

Evil Austin

by the way CMS, since when was I bashing anyone all i was saying was...basically that when Horza did do his "Video" Posting the show it didn't last long I was just saying that to people that asked.. I wasn't saying he was shit I wasn't bad mouthing him or anything.. and CMS I know his recent one was in writing and that was actually a good BTB.. I didn't even mention that and say anything about that either. Whenever I try and say my thoughts about it probably being harder to upload videos (imo you can think differently) you all jump on me.. jezus christ how many times is this now that I have had to back myself up.

Edit - makes you think, why do I even bother talking to you guys anymore...

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

People jump all over you, because you do things like give reviews with absolutely no substance, and make stupid statements. Hell, I'll question anyone, but you make more stupid statements than a lot of people, thus you thinking people jump all over you.

McLovin

Reaction score
Impact Wrestling Forum Be The Booker Magazine Issue 2 - July 2008

Impact Wrestling Forum Be The Booker Magazine
Issue 2 - July 2008

Welcome

A big welcome to the second issue of the IWF BTB Magazine. This Issue was set to look a lot different from what it is now, Weebo was going to make it look like a real Magazine with Pages, Adverts and a Front Cover. However he now has a 8 hour a day job so he has told me he won't be able to do it this month. But that doesn't take away the quality of writing we have from some great Bookers and members of IWF.

alexmoss12

----------------------
brian kendrick's biceps
Fountain Of Knowledge
----------------------

Alright, let me start off with saying well done to Alex for getting this magazine make it past just the one edition. Alright, now this month I didn’t have to think too much what to write about. With The Anigma, one of the greatest bookers ever finished, CMS now doing recaps and saying he will be finishing up soon, xtremebadass (no offense to XBA here) looks like he could be finished at any time, and Levi, as much as I like the guy, does not post shows regularly any more. I think that within maybe four months, three of these four guys will be done in the section. This brings forward the question: Who is ready to step up and become one of IWF’s leading bookers?

My first choice would be CT Styles, if based on talent alone, but CT is going on a break due to personal troubles. So he is effectively ruled out I guess, no matter how good of a booker I think he is.

Another one could be sharkboy3:16, but he has to work on his promos first. He is a talented writer, but I also think his writing is rash sometimes, and he doesn’t have a real build up to some crucial matches. Once Sharky learns that, he will be one of the better bookers, but I’m not sure he can make it up to that level.

Headfirst For Hardcore is another one of my favourite bookers, with his match writing the best on the site. His promos are solid and he could be one to really step up. Unfortunately, he hasn’t really posted much lately, so I’m not quite sure what is happening with PRIDE. I obviously hope he keeps going with it, because as I said, he is one of my favourite.

My current BTB, WWE: Time For Action is one that I really hope can succeed. My partner, GardsJr, is a bit lazy, but he is very talented. So as long as I stick to it, I think we can go alright. I have no idea if we will be good or not, but I hope it is one that lasts.

There are a few other bookers who may make it, like Switchy and nate757. Both are talented, but honestly, I don’t see either keeping their BTB open long, because they seem pretty inconsistent with their existence in the section. There’s also DX_3:16, but he overbooks a lot, and seems to not be so great with keeping things in character. Alexmoss12 could also step up, but he doesn’t seem to have time to do a BTB to me.

I think a lot of people are sad to see these bookers either leaving or looking like they may leave. But you have to also realise, it is a great opportunity for a lot of people to step up. I have no doubt that the BTB Section will get weaker, but we can then get stronger again. Bookers need to step up, and looking at it now, if I had to pick one to do so, it would be Headfirst For Hardcore. Now is the changing of the guard in the BTB Section, it is time for new blood. Make no mistake, the senior bookers of IWF I like, especially Levi. Anigma was the reason I started writing. CMS is a great writer, and XBA has the best promos around. But it is an exciting time for me, it is time for something new. It is time for the new breed of Bookers, lead by headfirst For Hardcore to step up.

-------------------------------------------------------
1chibanmotm.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------

Hello IWF members, and welcome to what will become a monthly occurance in this BTB magazine – my match of the month.
Each month I will trawl through the mass of current BTBs on Impact Wrestling Forums, picking out my favourite match of the month. Feedback is always welcome from our readers but I must make a disclaimer of sorts before you read on. My choices will not always be based upon merely the best writing. When possible I will look for the match which provides the total BTB package in as full a way as possible, but may also choose matches which feature imaginative match-ups or serve as the pay-off to a well-constructed feud. Therefore, creativity, build-up and the general atnosphere created by the author will be taken into account.
However, this month, we start with a match that pretty much features the best style of writing I have seen in any BTB. It comes from WCW Rules’ WWE BTB, and is the main event of a RAW show. It pits WWE champion Randy Orton taking on Shawn Michaels. WCW Rules sets up the match excellently even before he writes the first line of the actual contest – the Raw show is held in Texas, HBK’s home state. For anyone who has ever seen HBK wrestle in Texas, one can just picture the electric atmosphere that would circulate around a Shawn Michaels title challenge. For anyone that has no idea what I am talking about, get hold of a copy of Royal Rumble 1997 held in San Antonio, Texas, with the main event of HBK challenging Sycho Sid for the WWF Championship.
Nostalgic ramblings aside, here is my chosen match in its full glory for those of you who have not read it to get a taste of this guy’s writing talent...

bg14.jpg

WWE Championship Match:
HBK Vs Randy Orton ©
Chants of "HBK!" echo throughout the arena as our WWE Championship match begins.. The Showstopper and the Legend Killer are inches from unleashing their inner frustrations, their resentment, and of course, their drive to walk out of San Antonio as the WWE Champion. HBK's eyes attach upon the Legend Killer like a deity, omniscient of Orton's every intention and movement. All of a sudden, an insufferable magnitude of indignation consumes the challenger and then, Sweet Chin Music! The WWE Champion eludes the oncoming onslaught brought forth by the challenger, and attempts an RKO upon Michaels' return, but no! HBK shoves Orton forward into the ropes, and as he's wrapped up in disarray, HBK clotheslines him to the outside! The fans pop as HBK begins to resemble a man on a mission; his eyes seer with passion and his untamed side begins to take shape in the form of vigor and vim. He glances over at Orton regaining footing, and just as soon as the Champion stands, HBK does the unthinkable; he points to the fans, and then to the sky, and runs to the apron and propels himself off the ropes into a crossbody onto Orton!

Chants of "HBK!" again resonate throughout the arena, but HBK cannot answer the call, for he and Orton are one and the same; down and out for the count outside of the ring. As the Ref begins the count, Orton wraps his arms around the ringpost, elevating himself up. HBK, on the other hand, took the fall hard, and is none the more unprepared for what's to come... Orton glares at Michaels in malicious intent, and as his eyes widen in wickedness, he rams HBK with a running punt to the head! The fans boo as HBK slowly falls to a deep slumber. With the Ref at six, Orton looms over an unconscious HBK and sneers diabolically, unrelentless in his cruelty. Once the Ref reaches eight, Orton slides into the ring, but slides back out! The fans are befuddled, as it seems Orton doesn't want to simply defeat HBK, he wants to annihilate him. Orton's nihilistic guise usurps his inhibitions; grabbing HBK by the hair and gripping tightly, he mouths to him in a mere whisper, "I will destroy you..."

Once Orton utters those words, the ardor returns within HBK as if the trinity has restored his purpose. He struggles foremost, but manages to lift himself up onto the edge of the ring. The Champion, though, looks upon him in disgust, and lands a right hand to HBK's forehead. The Icon staggers, but is not deterred in his plight to rid the WWE of the menace that is Randy Orton. As Orton attempts another right hand, HBK lands one of his own, buying himself some time. The Ref reaches the eight count, and HBK finds it reasonable to enter the ring once again. The WWE Champion's eyes contract as he jumps onto the apron and mocks the challenger. HBK disregards it and simply waits for the opportune moment; once Orton enters the ring, he falls victim to a forearm smash! The WWE Champion tumbles, but the challenger performs a kip up upon delivery, contesting his resolve.

The Icon glances overhead, and as his eyes descend upon Orton, all their history transcends into a symphony; a symphony of stomps unto the mat. Once HBK breaches through the fourth and final verse, he performs the sweeping score that is Sweet Chin Music! No! The Legend Killer latches ahold of HBK's foot and snarls in callous demeanor. The WWE Champion pushes the challenger back, and tries for an RKO! It bodes ill for Orton, as HBK shoves him aside! Orton exerts himself off the ropes, but in comes another Sweet Chin Music! The Champion ducks in the nick of time and as he returns from the other side of the ring, he unleashes a deluge of forearm shots to the head of HBK. Randy Orton rapidly bludgeons the hell out of HBK to the point of near insanity, as the Champion salivates from the mouth, undeterred in his pure, unadulterated madness.

HBK finally falls unto the mat, nearly unconscious. Orton grins menacingly and hooks the legs for the pin! 1............................... 2.......................... No! The fans cheer as HBK raises the shoulder, reaching for the stars.. Orton impends upon HBK like a shadow and goes insane, stomping upon him like a raving lunatic. HBK grimaces in pain, but Orton expresses no remorse for him; a deed that'll no doubt have implications later on. For the Legend Killer, karma will indeed be a bitch....

Finale: This titular match is nearing its epic conclusion; as seconds turn to minutes, HBK gains momentum and arouses cheers from the fans, as if like a Roman gladiator from antiquity. The Icon's final bastion of hope rests in this one moment, this one song, a song that'll resonate throughout the annals of professional wrestling history; can he end the Legend Killer's reign of terror, or can no man do so? The Champion, in disorder, resposes himself in stillness; HBK tunes up the band, and once Orton faces him, the song forces him into slumber! The Sweet Chin Music connects, sending him to the Elysian plains! The fans cheer like mad, and their hero kneels in earnest, descending upon Orton, and pins him... 1............................. 2........................... The dream ends.. HBK's hopes of becoming WWE Champion are dashed as a masked man pulls him out of the ring and sends him hurtling towards the steel steps! The Ref signals for the bell!
Winner: Shawn Michaels by disqualification @17:11
:: As a result of the disqualification, Orton retains the WWE Championship ::

The fans boo and begin tossing containers, trays, and the like into the ring, angered at the blatant interference. Though HBK is the victim, the masked marauder slides into the ring and engulfed in stark madness, begins raining down upon Orton like a raging lion, mauling its prey. The man pauses for a brief second and glances around the arena; the jeers pour in and chants of, "You screwed HBK!" bellow throughout. The man, perhaps by some intervention of some kind, leaves the ring, but this is not so, as he looks under the ring and pulls out a sledgehammer! For some unknown reason, the man deliberately avoids HBK and goes after Orton, pummeling him with a sledgehammer shot to the ankle! Orton cries out like a helpless child, and the man lifts him up and nails him in the head with the sledgehammer! Blood stains the ring; Orton's forehead churns out the red liquid like the river Styx.

HBK, weary and exhausted, comes to notice Randy Orton being humiliated by the masked man. His eyes, betrayed and bewildered, are drawn to the masked man, but instead of going into the ring and fighting, he opts to just.. walk away. The fans, though allied to Michaels, boo him regardless, because of his pride. The pride in him tells him to keep to himself, and in due time, it'll pay off in the end. HBK heeds this and limps to the ramp, but something, something compels him to turn around and see the ire being incurred upon the WWE Champion. The humanity within him awakens, subduing his pride, and within seconds, he runs into the ring! The fans cheer him on, but his momentum stops dead as the masked man faces him with the sledgehammer; HBK approaches the man in curiousity, but the man raises the sledgehammer... and suddenly drops it to the mat. The entire arena is confused as to why this occurs, but the man leaves the ring and finally reveals himself as the Game, Triple H...

"What the? Triple H?! What's he doing out here?!" JR remarks in a rather shocked manner; King shares his sentiments to a T, pondering as to why Triple H would do such a thing as to ruin his friend's chances of becoming WWE Champion...

"I don't know, JR, but I'm not liking it one bit. Not to mention, JR, he nearly killed our WWE Champion! What's wrong with him tonight?!" King laments, shaking his head in shame for the Game.

The fans deride him in boos, discontent with his needless interference. In the ring, HBK is completely dumbstruck; he mouths to Triple H, "Why?" Is Triple H's hatred for Randy Orton stronger than the brotherhood between him and Michaels? The nature behind Triple H's treacherous mishap will, unfortunately, have to wait until next week's RAW, just to keep you fans on your toes.. This chapter of RAW draws to a close....

RAW fades to black...

The Verdict

Now no match is perfect, and there are some minor mistakes and misjudgements in terms of vocab selection above, but for the most part this is an extremely well-written BTB match. It has everything – a good backstory with the hometown hero striving for gold, as well asthe big-match atmosphere that surrounds a title match. But more importantly, it uses a wide range of vocabulary, something that ensures that the match is engrossing throughout, and never repetitive.
Some particular phrases are worth singling out here.

For instance, towards the start of the match, WCW Rules features a small section where Randy Orton whispers his intentions into Shawn Michaels’ ear:

Orton's nihilistic guise usurps his inhibitions; grabbing HBK by the hair and gripping tightly, he mouths to him in a mere whisper, "I will destroy you..."

Once Orton utters those words, the ardor returns within HBK as if the trinity has restored his purpose.
To this writer, this echoes the Ric Flair-Shawn Michaels match at Wrestlemania with the ‘I Love You’ climax, albeit it in an adapted form. In recreating the drama and emotion attached to that match, WCW Rules immediately adds an aura of genuine importance to his match.

To some this section, complete with phrases such as ‘nihilistic guise’ and ‘the trinity has restored its purpose’, will sound like one of those weird Ultimate Warrior promos from the early nineties, but it does make you want to read on, so it serves its purpose well.

This titular match is nearing its epic conclusion; as seconds turn to minutes, HBK gains momentum and arouses cheers from the fans, as if like a Roman gladiator from antiquity. The Icon's final bastion of hope rests in this one moment, this one song, a song that'll resonate throughout the annals of professional wrestling history; can he end the Legend Killer's reign of terror, or can no man do so?

This excerpt is typical of WCW Rules’ style – lots of metaphors and allusions to history. Again I am sure that this will not appeal to all tastes, some may even determine that it is over the top. However, descriptions like this really paint a vivid picture – something good fictional writing should do, so there is no reason why BTBs should not strive to do this also. One can really appreciate the enormity of the situation, the fatigue felt by Shawn Michaels. For some reason, I just love the ‘bastion of hope’ sentence – really emotive.

The description of the match itself is also top class – from the early description of HBK’s leap onto Orton, to the mention of ‘deluge’ of forearms to the simple, yet effective, higlighting of the key moves to emphasise their importance. Although it appears short in comparison to some BTB matches seen on this forum, the match itself is still well-paced and benefits from its succinctness – there is no waffle and so the reader’s attention is secured and maintained to the very end.

The post-match segment is also well-constructed. Although the identity of the masked superstar is somewhat obvious once the sledghammer comes into play (perhaps a chair would have been better here, with an ambush of sorts before the removal of the mask?), WCW Rules’s style of writing still manages to create a great deal of drama here. Perhaps the concise use of the commentary, not seen throughout the match, adds to it, but the key is in the way WCW Rules goes into Shawn’s mind, something not seen in too many other BTBS. He writes:
The pride in him tells him to keep to himself, and in due time, it'll pay off in the end
Little touches such as this exemplify why this match, and WCW Rules’ booking in general, is great.

WCW Rules is a newcomer to this site, but the talent of this 16 year-old member is already apparent even after just 3 pages of his fledgling BTB. If he keeps up this level of writing, making regular updates, then I tip him to receive some BTB honours in the next round of IWF awards.

--------------------
The Anigma Presents
The End of an Era
--------------------

Some of you have been around since its birth, others have only been here to witness its one year anniversary but whether you were here for the beginning or only around to see the final moments you know that The Commencement was and always will be held at a high esteem to the bookers of IWF. I sincerely never thought that The Commencement would be admired so greatly by as many bookers as it has because when I first started BTB’ing I had no idea what a BTB even was!

I remember seeing the section on the main forum page and decided I would check it out. I entered the BTB section and the first BTB I remember reading was XBA’s TNA: iMPACT! I was blown away by how great the writing was in that BTB and I thought to myself that I should at least give this BTB thing a try. I read iMPACT! and decided that I had an idea of how to do it. So I started The Commencement and low and behold it was a success. My first show was WrestleMania 23 and I waited for replies and I received a reply from XBA that said, “Damn, that’s well written…” Now for me that was a huge confidence booster when it came to writing my BTB and it provided the fuel and desire for me to write my next show and the more positive feedback I received the more I wanted to write my shows and the more creative ideas came to mind. The ideas were oozing from my brain but soon I got burnt out and decided that I needed an original storyline that no one has ever really thought of before. I was talking with MikeRaw on MSN and we were joking around about various storylines that we can each use when the idea of a McMahon Affair angle came to mind. We joked around about it and the more we joked, the more we both thought it would be an awesome storyline and so the McMahon Affair angle was born.

I think the McMahon Affair angle assisted in my BTB standing out from others because no one else had done that before or was doing that at the time. My BTB was flying high but soon I thought I needed something more so I decided to incorporate my own character into the storyline. James Edwards who was quite possibly the most deceitful character in a BTB was born. The McMahon Affair angle turned from the main angle into a sub-angle to what would become the Stephanie McMahon/James Edwards Conspiracy storyline. The McMahon/Edwards Conspiracy storyline was another great storyline that helped separate my BTB from all the others because most BTB’ers had their own created character as a GM or owner of a company and they all had their GM/Owner embroiled in a feud with a superstar but my storyline was different because James Edwards acted as a friend to Mr. McMahon but was maneuvering to take over the company behind his back which I don’t recall anyone ever doing either. The storyline aided in making my BTB even more popular to the new readers but soon writing shows every week started to get to me so I had to make a decision.

With school and work piling up more and more, I had to make a decision. I had debated the decision a long time and finally made the decision to end the brand extension and merge the roster with various releases occurring. I also disbanded the tag team division around January/February. As started earlier, my BTB had a lot of original ideas put into it and a whole lot of hard work and dedication. All the hard work and dedication paid off with all the awards and accomplishments I received in BTB but the awards and accomplishments mean nothing if it wasn’t for having the respect of my BTB peers such as Xtremebadass, Answer, Leviathan, CMS, MikeRaw and Switchy.

I just want to make something perfectly clear at this time. Saying that I have the respect of my BTB peers would cause some to say, “You take BTB too seriously” but that’s not the case one bit. The fact of the matter is that there would be no point in creatively writing storylines out if you weren’t here to gain respect and admiration from your peers. A lot of new BTB’ers come around and automatically expect to be respected but that’s not going to happen. It’s like we have our own home grown BTB’ers and if you’re not one of them, it’ll be that much harder for you to be successful around IWF’s BTB section but that should make you want to work just as hard to gain the respect of your peers and to win the awards and expand your writing abilities.

That’s what it’s all about at the end of the day; enjoyment of what you’re doing. If you’re not enjoying what you’re doing as far as writing the shows and putting in the work and dedicating yourself to your BTB then don’t do it. And by dedication, I don’t mean spending your entire day and night working on your shows but do not start a BTB then quit less than a month into it. That’s pointless. I think my BTB is one of the examples of how a BTB should be done.

You put in enough work and enjoy the fruits of your labor (the awards and accomplishments) but if you start to get burned out like I was getting then take a break and come back or just quit entirely like I’ve done. Don’t let BTB take over your life and don’t take it too seriously because then there’s something wrong.

Sure, having the respect and admiration of your peers is great as are the awards but don’t get all emotional because you don’t get many or any reviews or because you don’t win any awards. That should be incentive for you to work harder but again don’t let BTB take over your life and don’t take it too seriously. Take enjoyment in what you’re doing because it’s all in good fun anyway.

That was just something I had to get off of my chest but now that I said it, it’s dead. You can take my advice or not but it is what it is. Now I would just like to recognize a few BTB’ers whose shows I thoroughly enjoyed and who have inspired me, one way or the other.

Xtremebadass- Definitely my biggest inspiration for doing BTB. We pretty much parallel one another as far as our attitudes towards BTB go. We both like doing it but we don’t take it too seriously and we both have equal respect for one another when it comes to BTB.

Answer- Another inspiration to me as far as realism in a BTB goes. Answer had arguably the most realistic WWE BTB, I’ve ever read and I always tried to mirror that realism though I put my own creativity into my BTB.

CMS and Leviathan- Two of the more creative bookers of IWF. These dudes caused me to step my game up when it seemed like they were surpassing me. I had to get more creative with my storylines and improve my matches and promos which is why I took my extended vacation and came back better than ever. It was due to these guys coming on strong with their BTB’s. They influenced me to enhance my writing abilities and I have to thank them for that.

MikeRaw- One of if not the most underrated bookers on IWF and a cool guy outside of BTB as well. We’ve chatted a lot about BTB and storylines and he’s the inspiration behind the McMahon Affair angle and he’s also helped me out with my promos and various plans in my BTB. When I wasn’t sure what to do with a storyline I asked Mike and he gave me his opinion on the situation. I have to thank him for giving me great feedback on various ideas that I’ve had.

And thank you to every booker who has made a BTB. You guys have provided some enjoyable reads and some of you have provided me with laughs as to how horrible some of you guys are and/or were. No offense but thanks! lol...

Anigma out!!

------------------
CT Styles'
Ask The Questions
With xtremebadass
------------------

CT Styles: What are your thoughts on your current BTB, 'WWE RAW: Real American Wrestling'?

xtremebadass: I think it is moving along quite nicely. I felt it getting a little stale right before Bad Blood, but now that I have some good stuff cooking towards SummerSlam, that lights the fire back under me. I have some really cool concepts and angles that I haven’t even touched the surface on yet, I think everyone is going to like them.

CTS: Where would you rank yourself in the BTB section today?

XBA: Well, not to sound selfish, but probably the top 2. You can take that anyway you want.

CTS: What is your favorite BTB, other than your own?

XBA: Commencement, I have stuck with that since the beginning, I know it like I know my own.

CTS: Who do you think is the next big thing in BTB?

XBA: UWA is pretty cool, alexmoss12’s is pretty good too

CTS: Who do you think has improved the most in BTB?

XBA: sharkboy 3:16, his BTB improves every show, not like it was bad at the beginning, but I see significant improvements.

CTS: Where do you see BTB in six months time? Will it still be as active?

XBA: It will still be as active with more new bookers coming in, same old same old, 5 bookers come in and if your lucky only one sticks around…

CTS: Would you consider making a new BTB in the future?

XBA: I can definitely see me making another BTB down the road. If I have the time I will for sure. However, Raw has to become like TNA iMPACT! first, iMPACT! is now my new standard, anything below that is crap in my mind. I would love to take a stab at the current WWE product, that would be quite the challenge since it is pretty bad now a days, I would like to see what I can do with it.

CTS: What makes you want to do BTB?

XBA: I love wrestling, that’s what I like, that’s what I would love to do. It’s like an addiction, it’s hard for me to get a job because my dream job is a wrestler, and anything other than that is a downer. I love to make money and I love wrestling, put them together and I think I should become a wrestler most of the time.

CTS: Who do you think is the best match writer?

XBA: I think that would go to CMS, I have to, or headfirst4hardcore

CTS: Who do you think is the best promo writer?

XBA: Anigma. He hasn't let me down after this long, and he never will, his promos are supurb.

CTS: Now for the final question. Do you have any advice or a message for your fellow BTB'ers?

XBA: Yea, if you want people to stick with your BTB, make it realistic, make it like people can visualize what you are writing. Don’t make it so bizarre people are like “Wait…what?” You have to make it definite, clear, and easy to read. People don’t like to read, especially at home, so don’t put your readers out.

---------------
JHar888's
BIG QUESTION
---------------

Who is your favorite superstar to book in a match? In a promo? Why do you like to book this superstar rather than others?

spiralshock: My favorite wrestler to book in promos and matches is Chris Hero. He's got a great character and a solid moveset.

Roxxi Laveaux Fanboy: Mr. Kennedy. He can embody every trait I love, and love to use: gutwrenching humor, cutting sarcasm, and shocking cruelty.

brian kendrick's biceps: My favourite superstar to write a match for is RVD. I love that he can be hardcore, or he can also be a high flyer. He has a great move set, and you can use it at many different times and incorporate it into different spots. CM Punk as a heel is fun to write promos with, I just find it easy to flow with him.

xtremebadass: My favorite superstar to book in a match would have to be Chris Jericho. That’s one of the main reasons I started a WWE BTB, I never got to work with Chris Jericho in my TNA BTB, since I was shooting for realism. Jericho can face any guy in any match and still pull out a great match. A close second would have to be Undertaker just because of his versatile move set and definite moves.

In promos, I really enjoy HBK promos. I don’t know why, it’s just because I know his promos and his attitude so well it all molds together into a great promo. Plus, since he’s my favorite, I pay attention to him the most. Second place would go to Triple H, you can’t mess up a Triple H promo if you tried.

Overall, if you are writing a match or a promo, bottom line is you have to use guys with the corresponding strengths in those areas. Don’t go booking a show and waist a promo on Val Venis when you can pull off a great promo with Edge or Cena. If you want people to rant and rave over your matches, don’t think they are going to be impressed with a match with Carlito when you use Jeff Hardy or MVP. It’s all about the booking, well, atleast your own wrestling knowledge.

CT Styles: I think my favorites to book in a match would be Shawn Michaels and Chris Jericho, because they are my two favorites and I like and know their styles best. So they would probably be my favorites. Also, because they are very versatile, they can have a great match with anyone.

Same two [with promos,] They are my favorite and I know them best. Shawn Michaels I just know best because he is my favorite and always will be, so I have watched heaps of matches and promos by him. Chris Jericho just because I know how he can act in different circumstances and I think I pretty much know them 100%.

[I like booking them rather than others] because they're my favorites and I know them best. If you can't write out a superstar there's no reason having him on your roster. I try to keep all my roster people who I am familiar with. So most people I book are ones I am familiar with.

Switchy: In matches I like to book John Cena because I feel that his matches tell stories and they are kinda fun to write once Cena does moves like the 5 knuckle shuffle which is usually the time I add crowd reactions and such.

As for promo's its Orton without a doubt. Just the way you can write stuff for him that makes the reader want to punch him in the face is something which is quite rare and won't usually work with workers who have 'weaker' characters.

Weebo: Well my fav guy to book in a math is Jeff Hardy cause of his style in the rig. I love to do promos with Randy Orton cause he is a total ass and don't care what people think of him and he is a guy I can dop some real good and keep in character. See Orton is a great guy on the mic and I love his promo work, but then there is Jeff Hardy who is not that great on the mic and kinda hard to keep in charcacter if you know what i mean.

------------------------------
comicgeekelly's
Up And Coming Bookers of IWF
------------------------------

Many new bookers have stepped onto the scene here in IWF, but one of them stands out in particular. He is WCW Rules and his BTB is The Last Word in World Wrestling Entertainment. His BTB follows the premise that he began booking the WWE starting with Summerslam 2007. He made recaps of entire months of programming and in between each month was a Pay-Per-View. He booked this way up until Armageddon 2007.

Recently his first full show debuted. It was a Raw from December 26, 2007. The show came in at 9,170 words and was written in recap form. It was written almost like a book, and not one bad thing was said about it. This booker is off to a good start, but his BTB has been somewhat over looked due to it being in recap.

I decided to ask the young booker some questions because not much is known about him. The first question that I asked him is “What is your opinion on people not liking the recap style matches?”

His response was full of wisdom. He said “I feel booking and writing should be fun, should be a worthwhile experience for the writer. First and foremost, you're not writing this for others, you're writing if for yourself. If you're writing it for others before yourself, then I feel you're not writing from the heart. Writers who write in recap might not have too much time in their hands, or they may feel writing in full is not a pleasure. I can understand that; writing full is the bane of my very writing, which is why I'm switching it up. But yes, booking should be fun for the writer... If someone wants to recap, I feel they should not be condemned for doing so.”

The next question that was asked of him was “Is this your first BTB?”

Now from looking at how well he writes his answer was not surprising at all. “No; I began booking two years ago, in the Summer of 2006. This is just one of numerous BTBs I've had over the years I've been booking.” He says. He went onto talk about his past BTB’s. “My first BTB was Global Championship Wrestling; a conglomeration of everything I loved about professional wrestling... I then entered into a three way partnership, writing WWECW whereas my partners were writing Smackdown and RAW. I felt I wasn't writing nor booking to my full potential when writing ECW, so at the start of the new year in 2007, I revisited GCW once more... Unfortunately, GCW was cut short because I had contracted an illness. I was sick for awhile, but I persisted in booking throughout the year with WWE threads, GCW 2001 and a WCW 2001 thread, all acclaimed for presentation and grammar. Now, in 2008, it's a WWE thread I'm writing, and I'm going to prove to everyone that I can stick to a thread.”

The next question that I asked him was “Do you have any suggestions for people planning to start a new BTB?” His answer made a lot of sense and every new booker should listen to it. “don't worry about reviews, comments, or the like when you're first starting out. I understand the temptation of quitting a thread because of lack of opinion” His advice continued; “Just enjoy what you're doing, and if you're not good in the beginning, persist and eventually, you'll improve and people will see that you're committed. That's how I began; I didn't start writing out nor booking like I do now. Everyone has to start somewhere.”

For my last question I asked him about the format of his BTB. “Your BTB is written like a book, have you ever tried writing in the traditional format?” His response was somewhat surprising. He said; “Actually, this is the first time I've written in this format. Before, I was writing in the traditional, script like format, but then, I had a discussion with one of my buddies and he said to me, "Wouldn't it be nice to write in a more novel format? Just to shake things up a bit? Go against the grain," he said. "It'd be great if someone wrote as if they were writing a book." Those words resonated throughout my mind for days, and I began to ponder to myself, until I had this sudden realization, "He's right."

He continued; “It was time to do something different, and with his eloquent idea, my writing style, and the novel approach, I think it's a great style for those looking for more cinematic, more personal reading experience. I also like to dramatize storylines, if you noticed. I want to bring something new to the table, not the same old thing. Sometimes tradition works, but then again, thinking outside the box isn't exactly a horrible thing either.”

I invite all of you to check out WCW Rules writing talents at: http://www.impactwrestling.com/forum...ad.php?t=21190

--------------
Final Thoughts
--------------

There it is folks. Well I'd like to thank everyone who took part in this months Edition, as the old saying goes: "Things just keep getting bigger and better." A new thread will be posted shortly, and YOU can sign up to be a part of the BTB Magazine.

alexmoss12[/

Evil Austin

great addition Alex.. I just finished reading it all and thanks to everyone that had a hand in making it, Ill rep you guys later, good read.

McLovin

Reaction score
^How did you read it all in 11 minutes and you only viewed the thread for two-three minutes?

McLovin

Reaction score
Impact Wrestling Forum be The Booker Magazine Issue 3 - August 2008 Sign Ups

If you would like to write an Article for next months Magazine, reply to this thread with your name and the Article you are doing. This includes those who made an Article in the previous Magazine. If you have any questions PM me. I don't want this thread getting spamed up with questions, just those who will be writing Articles so I can easily check who needs to get there's in etc.

WARNING - If there is Spam I will tell XBA or CMS. Consider yourselves warned.

Key
Bold - Article given in
Not in Bold - Article not given in

1. GardsJr - Twist of Fate

2. -HBK- - Helpful Hints

3. rosewt01 - In Attendance

4. brian kendrick's biceps - Fountain of Knowledge

5. CT Styles - Ask The Booker

6. comicgeekelly - Up and Coming Booker

7. CMS - Mods Statement

8. LashleyTM - Reccomended BTBs

9. 1Chiban - MOTM

McLovin

Reaction score
Woah that was a bump my friend.

Well since sharkboy asked a question: How far do you think my BTB can go on IWF?

rosewt01

Reaction score
Website
www.123.co.uk
Favorite Wrestler
abyss
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Fantsatic I read most of it, and it is really good, its good with more parts than last time, and some very interseting bits.

McLovin

Reaction score
Ask Alex a Question

Thats right alex has yet again come up with an ORIGINAL idea! (sarcasm) Ask me a question about BTB and I'll answer it.

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
Well Can I write a column about anytrhing I like at the time so

Name:GardsJr
Column Name: Twist of Fate
Column About: What I want.

Bigfella

Reaction score
I might be able to think of something

Name: Bigfella
Column Name: LOL Moments - August 2008
Column about: Quote every joke and every mistake :)

Moonlight Drive

Yeah, may sound unoriginal, but I wouldn't mind doing a column about something I like at the time

Name:-HBK-
Article Name: HBK's Highlight Reel