TSS Promo Tournament

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

dwes or cms

• cms

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • dwes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

John

well, its the first round and you already know the topic.

TOPIC: Design a promo for a returning superstar from an injury.

you decide the star and what injury its from. must be in for sunday night english time which is roughly 6 hours after american time. and once both have posted i will open a poll and people can vote. so here we go, kronik 4-2-0 vs. 1chiban starts now.

John

TSS'S Promo Tourney Round 1. Rosewt01 vs. The Mac

well, its the first round and you already know the topic.

you decide the star and what injury its from. must be in for sunday night english time which is roughly 6 hours after american time. and once both have posted i will open a poll and people can vote. so here we go Rose vs. The Mac.

rosewt01

Reaction score
Website
www.123.co.uk
Favorite Wrestler
abyss
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Backstory: At Backlash, Undertaker gets injured by Edge, after a viscous assault. He vacates the title and Edge is given it. Edge is still with the Edge-heads and Vickie Guerrero, Married to Vickie. We are now the week after No Mercy and Edge just retained against Batista in a singles match. Edge had also beaten various other superstars, at other PPV's.

Edge’s music goes off and he makes his way down to the ring with Vickie and the Edge-heads.

Edge: Yes I am the World Champion and after beating Batista, I proved I am the best ever World Champion.
Vickie: That’s right. My Husband.
Edge and Vickie “kiss” to the fans disgust.
Crowd boo.
Curt: Shut up.
Edge and Vickie stop.
Edge: Boo? You should be cheering.
Crowd boo louder.
Edge sighs.
Edge: Anyway, in my reign I have defeated, The Undertaker, Batista, Rey Mysterio and Big Show. That is pure class.
Crowd Boo.
Vickie: Thank you, (turns to Edge) There booing the superstars you have beat.
Edge: Finally, some respect.
Zack: Edge, What did you want to tell us?
Edge: That Everyone I have beaten has lost to me badly. I injured both, the Undertaker and Rey. I Beaten (he really got himself DQed) Big Show and pinned Batista. Even if my tactics were “underhanded.”

Cole: I hate a sore winner.
Coach: At least he deserved it.
Cole: No one deserves to brag.

Vickie: Your tactics were not underhanded; they were perfect, just like you.
The two “kiss” again.
Crowd boo again.
Edge: I am sick of you fans, I try to enjoy an emotional moment with my wife but you ruin it. Everyone in this business annoys me.

A gong hits.
The whole room goes black.

Cole: What is happening, a gong is going off repeatedly and I can’t see anything.

A voice: (Creepy way) Edge, I fear the worst for you. You hurt me. You tried to kill me. You will Rest In Piece.
The lights switch on and Curt Hawkins and Zack Ryder are out cold on the floor while Vickie is strapped to the Undertakers cross. Edge just stands in the ring looking scared. Little does he know who is behind him!
Vickie gets set on fire.
Edge: NO! Vickie!
Undertaker taps Edge on the shoulder from behind and Edge turns around.
Edge: No! Spare me!
Undertaker puts his hand round Edge’s neck and Edge falls onto his knees begging for help. Edge can hardly breathe.
Edge passes out!

Undertaker just leaves Edge on his knees for a minute and leaves him to fall to the ground.
Undertaker picks up the World Heavyweight title and drops it, straight away.
Undertaker’s music goes off and he walks silently away, without looking back.

Scene fades to black.

The Mac

Reaction score
Backstory:
At Judgement Day, JBL was forced to retire when he lost to Mysterio. He returned to competition at Mania 23, where he competed in the Money in the Bank ladder match, but was injured after being pushed from the ladder by Mr Kennedy. Ken Kennedy did what he said he would do; win the Money in the Bank Ladder Match and earn himself a guaranteed World Championship shot anytime within the next 12 months. At the time Kennedy was renowned for his cocky antics and his heel nature, but much to his surprise, on the first Smackdown! edition after the showcase of the immortals, Kennedy’s appearance to the ring was met with many cheers and congratulations from the fans. Over the next few months Kennedy would slowly but surely change his ways, siding with the fans as they supported him and his rise up the Smackdown! ranks.

At SummerSlam, after World Heavyweight Champion the Undertaker retained his title against former Champ Batista in a brutal Cage Match, Kennedy hit the ring, much to the surprise of the people in attendance. However unlike he would have done a few months prior, Kennedy helped a bloody Taker to his feet, and proclaimed that next Friday Night on Smackdown! he would cash in his Championship shot.

That Friday Night in the main event, in a completely clean match clear of any cheating or underhanded tactics, Kennedy came up just short against the Deadman when the Champion nailed the Tombstone Piledriver to retain his Title.

The following JBL return promo takes place one week after Kennedy blew his shot to become World Champ.

Friday Night Smackdown

Mobile Alabama

**Longhorn**

The crowd seem surprised to see John ‘Bradshaw’ Layfield open the show, as the former WWE Champion walks onto the stage. Michael Cole welcomes us to the broadcast and wonders what JBL is doing, as he has been injured for months.

JBL: Take another swig from your bottle of Jack Daniels, close your eyes and rub those suckers twice, because I am here, in my purest form, JBL, John ‘Bradshaw’ Layfield, standing in the middle of my very ring once again, opening Friday Night Smackdown! the way it should be opened each and every week.

Heat is dished out to the cocky wrestler, because after all this time the fans still haven’t forgotten how much they detest him

JBL: And you people can boo and taunt me just like you did back in the day, back in the day when I was taking names, kicking ass and running the show here on Friday Night’s, but the fact of the matter is that the senseless, irrational pieces of floating faeces that flows from your damn mouths didn’t stop me from being the longest reining WWE Champion in Smackdown! history.

Huge heat is given to JBL here, as they reminisce on his title run

JBL: The utter load of crap that you people dished out didn’t stop the dominant force that was and remains to this day, the greatest damn wrestler in the history of this business, carry this brand on my back and put Friday Night Smackdown! on the map.

Heat is given at Layfield’s utter cockiness

JBL: The negativity and criticism that you people threw upon me was shrugged off with a mere flick of my wrist, as a wrestling enigma appeared from the shadows, and a catchphrase along with him, that would steal the heart of every damn person in this country, a catchphrase that would become unanimous with the name Layfield. And that catchphrase is, without a shadow of a doubt, the truest bunch of words ever thrown together, because as I look into each and every one of your eyes, I know, that you know, just as well as I know, that I am, who I say I am, and I say I am, a WRESTLING GAWWWD……

Huge Heat

JBL: …… and a true, AMERICANNNNN HEROOOOO!

Large heat is again heard vibrating around the arena from the fans, as the days when JBL was the lead heel on Smackdown! are now clear in everyone’s mind. JBL stares into the crowd, taking a few deep breaths, before continuing.

JBL: And do you people have any idea as to what makes me so damn special, what makes me stand out like a multi millionaire stuck in between a bunch of Alabamian hicks?

Monstrous heat here, at the disrespect to the fans home

JBL: The fact that good God almighty himself has seemingly chosen to bless me with a gift, the gift of boldness, of listening to your taunts and your jeers and yet still finding it within myself to do what many would label impossible, to steal the show each and every time I stepped into this ring.

Heat at the shear, for lack of a better term, ‘up himself’ nature of Layfield.

JBL: You can call me one of the lucky ones, and I’m man enough to admit I was indeed blessed, because quite frankly, unlike a certain superstar who has the irritating habit of repeating his damn name twice……repeating his damn name twice, the simple fact is that you people mean absolutely squat to J…B…L.

Loud Heat

JBL: Your words of “wisdom”, I couldn’t give a crap about. Every time you yelled and screamed for me to ‘shut my mouth’ or to ‘leave the arena’, I was laughing inside, I was hysterical inside, because when I came through that curtain, whether it be in a WWE Championship Match, a Cage Match or the main event of Wrestle ‘Freakin’ Mania, I didn’t come out there to impress a bunch of talent less hacks who don’t know the difference between a wristlock and a wristwatch. No, I went out there and put my body on the line for one man and one man only, and imbeciles, in case you haven’t figured it out yet, and considering where we are I doubt you have, that one man was yours truly.

Huge heat again is given at the JBL’s remarks

JBL: And that, right there, that ability to tell the fans to go screw themselves…go screw yourselves jackasses… that ability, or should I say, the lack of that ability, is what last week resulted in Ken Kennedy failing to win the World Heavyweight Championship.

Heat erupts from the fans in attendance, as they think back to last week, when Mr Money in the Bank Ken Kennedy narrowly lost a great match, clean of any interference or cheating, to the Undertaker.

JBL: Ken, I used to call you Smackdown’s rising star, a kid you didn’t give a damn about impressing the people, a kid who would stab his own mother in the back just to get two steps ahead.

Heat for seemingly no reason

JBL: Now Kennedy, you’re just like every other damn curtain jerker in the back. You care so much about living up to the fans expectations, you care so much about doing things for the people, that when it comes time to do something for yourself, you don’t have the grapefruits to do it.

The fans boo loudly; annoyed at the fact JBL is downgrading their hero.

JBL: Once a great man said, that the only thing worse than winning by cheating and blackmail, is failing by trying to do what’s right.

Again the fans don’t take liking to JBL’s remarks, and let him know about it.

JBL: Kennedy what happened last week was not right damnit! For the past 4 months you’ve sold your soul to these people, and look where it got you kid. Boy it’s time to face your own damn music, get your ass out here now so I can look you in the eye and tell you what a sorry son of a bitch you really are!

The crowd give a huge mixed reaction, booing at JBL’s insults, but cheering as well, hoping Kennedy will appear and stand up for himself. To everyone’s disappointment however, the kid doesn’t appear, as JBL looks slightly impatient.

JBL: My owe my Kennedy I really over estimated you. Not only are you a disgrace, not only are you pathetic, but you’re a damn coward too. Come on boy, somebody scared to show his face in public, scared to face the damn music? Are you too scared to talk to the man who YOU injured?

Again, JBL’s receives nothing from Kennedy, as he tries one final time.

JBL: Kennedy I swear to God, if you………

**KENNEDY**

A solemn faced Ken Kennedy walks onto the stage, as the fans pop at his interruption of JBL mid sentence. Kennedy’s face is expressionless, his eyes almost dead, as he doesn’t acknowledge the fans, just stares at the ramp and makes his way to the ring. JBL smirks in disgust at Kennedy, as the former Mr Money in the Bank steps through the ropes.

JBL: Now what in the hell do you have to say for yourself? What in the hell do you have to say you little blonde haired punk?

JBL tries to stare right into Kennedy’s eyes, but Kennedy continues to stare at the mat, looking down.

JBL: I see how it is, poor little Ken is embarrassed, and damn right you should be! Son at Summerslam, when the Undertaker was lying motionless, a bloody wreck in the middle of the damn ring, you had the chance to make history.

Mixed reaction is given here from the fans, as they are not sure how they should respond.

JBL: But instead you sucked up to the people. You turned your back on everything that has got you to this level, and you helped Taker’ to his feet.

The fans pop at the fact Kennedy did what was right, as JBL shakes his head.

JBL: Kid the lights were on bright, you came to the dance, but you couldn’t finish the damn song.

Major Heat!

JBL: And for that reason alone........

SLAP!!!!! JBL slaps Kennedy across the face, as spit flies from Kennedy’s mouth. The crowd give huge heat, as the Loudmouth continues to stare at the canvas, although he is breathing a lot heavier now.

JBL: Are ya' going to answer me now boy? Huh? Are ya' going to respond?

JBL pokes Kennedy in the stomach, and messes up his hair, as Kennedy continues to stare at the mat.

JBL: Let me let you in on a little secret kid. When I speak, you keep your mouth shut. When I ask you a question, you respond accordingly. Just who in the hell do you think you are, WHO IN THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE LOOKING DOWN AT THE ALL TEARY EYED, SCARED TO ANSWER J.....B.....L?

Heat

JBL: WHO IN THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOUR ARE? YOU THREW ME OFF A LADDER PUNK!

JBL slaps Kennedy again, but this time Kennedy’s looks up straight away. Kennedy rips the mic away from Layfield, and backs him into the corner, with a look of pure rage on his face.

Kennedy: I AM MIIIIIISSSSSTEEEEERRRRR KENNNN-NED-DDEYYYYY………………

Kennedy slides to the outside, and grabs a steel chair. Kennedy looks as if he’s going to go back in the ring and attack JBL, but instead he turns towards the announce table and smashes it over the skull of Michael Cole!!! Blood automatically begins to trickle down the face of the commentator, as Kennedy nails a multiple vicious shots to the announcer. Kennedy throws the lifeless Cole to the floor, and spits on his fallen body, before sliding back into the ring.

Kennedy: KENNNN-NEDDDD-DDEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!

Kennedy storms off up the stage to a huge mixed reaction from the fans, as JBL stands there with a look of shock on his face, before that looks turns into a huge smirk. JBL looks down at the fallen commentator at ringside, and snarls menacingly, before staring back up at Kennedy, who without acknowledging anyone, walks behind the curtain. JBL continues to smirk, as if he has achieved something here tonight, as we cut to a commercial break.

**END OF SEGMENT**

rosewt01

Reaction score
Website
www.123.co.uk
Favorite Wrestler
abyss
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
What? Is that allowed? Are you allowed to do a returning superstar? That would have been so much easier. I thought it had to be from injury.

Bigfella

Reaction score
I'll be the special guest referee for Rosewt01's statement

The Small Show said:

Clearly it say's from an injury. He said what injury as well so he's 100% sure it has to be an Injury. Im guessing you'll have to edit your's Mac :p

rosewt01

Reaction score
Website
www.123.co.uk
Favorite Wrestler
abyss
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Oh and maybe with help from Bigfella. I have a chance again. Wait for TSS to clarify though.

John

sorry for double posting but Kronik is disqualified and 1chiban goes to the next round since Kronik is banned and doesnt look like he's returning anytime soon. so 1chiban goes through.

John

That is ridiculous. You put a superstar from injury. He never got injured. This is ridiculous. His promo is better than mine but it was against the rules.

wait a moment. it says injury so sorry Mac your gonna have to change it. it needs to befrom an injury like in HHH's last year. sorry for the confusion rose.

EDIT: Bigfella, your not the JUDGE??? you can vote like the rest. i'm not having Judges. we all can vote.

rosewt01

Reaction score
Website
www.123.co.uk
Favorite Wrestler
abyss
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Thanks, TSS sorry i got mad. I am going to delete that post now.

1chiban

Reaction score
Shall I still post the promo I worked hard to come up with? ;)

1chiban

Reaction score
The Scenario: The Twist of Fate that Matt Hardy delivered to MVP off of the ladder at Wrestlemania 24 saw MVP separate his shoulder upon landing. This cost MVP not only the MITB match itself, but also caused him to vacate the US Title that he had held for so long. Within the few months that MVP was injured, Matt Hardy had won the US Title by winning a tournament. However, in one of Hardy’s title defences, against John Morrison, MVP interfered, costing Hardy the title. On Smackdown the next week, MVP came out to explain his actions...

*MVP’s music hits*
*MVP walks down the ramp, does his entrance complete with the pyro, before strutting into the ring and grabbing a microphone*
*Crowd chant ‘You Suck! You Suck!’*

MVP: No I don’t, no I don’t. I’m better than (points to different members of the crowd) you, you, you, you... hell, I’m better than every single one of you slobs out there.
*Crowd boos loudly*
Y’know people have asked me why I did what I did. Why I lowered myself to Matt Hardy’s standards by costing him the US Title like he cost me the Money in the Bank? Well, it seems that me putting his ass out before wasn’t enough – Matt Hardy needs to learn that he will never be as good as me, and if it takes a few more beatings to get that into his thick skull then that’s what I’ll do.
*Crowd boos*
(At crowd) You don’t like that do you, huh? You like that idiot Matt Hardy, don’t you? (*crowd cheers*) Well I could care less, your cheers, your support means nothing to me, I look after number 1, simple. Matt Hardy may be remember as being loved by you people, as Mr ‘Version 1’ or Mr ‘I will not die.’ All I’m gonna remember Matt Hardy for is jumping me during the Money in the Bank match at Wrestlemania 24. All I’m gonna remember is you giving me the Twist of Fate off the top of that 20 foot Ladder and separating my damn shoulder. Y’know people have also asked me, ‘Are you still the same?’, ‘Will you be as good as you were before?’ Well let me give all you guys a little history lesson. I came back from a life-threatening heart defect to become the longest reigning US champion in WWE history. And why? Cause I’m half man, half amazing, just like I always said. A separated shoulder ain’t gonna keep me down for very long. Matt Hardy, you cost me the Money in the Bank match, you cost me my US Title and you cost me months on the shelf. I should have both the US and World Heavyweight Titles round my waist right now. But that’s cool, that’s cool...
*strokes chin, looks around as crowd shout abuse*
‘Cause everybody knows that I’m gonna win that world title sooner or later anyway. But I’m here to prove that I’m at 110%, more prepared than any other guy sitting back there in the locker room.
*Rolls shoulder*
See, my shoulder’s just fine Matt. Just fine. You wanna ask me if I’m the same MVP who was inches away from grabbing that Money in the Bank briefcase? You wanna know if I’m the same MVP that destroyed your knee? Well, you’re gonna find out pretty soon Matt.
*Crowd begins to chant, ‘Hardy! Hardy! Hardy! Hardy!’*
(To crowd) You can chant his name all you want, but in he end it won’t matter one little bit. Because Matt Hardy, you’re gonna find out that I’m back – fitter and stronger than ever before. Cause I’m Montel Vontavious Porter, Matt Hardy. And that still makes me... BETTA’ THAN YOU!
*Matt Hardy’s music hits*
*Crowd erupts as MVP looks annoyed, throwing his hands up in the air in petulance*
*Matt Hardy comes out, microphone in hand*

Matt: MVP. You say you are better than me? How many times have I got to tell you, that I will not die, that no matter what you do I will still come back strong. You can’t keep me down MVP. It’s you that needs to learn a less..

MVP (interrupting): Blah Blah Blah. We’ve heard all of this before Matt, we heard the same old crap time and time again. You may talk big, but you don’t walk big. All the way through our tag title reign, I wanted to be friends, if you would’ve just let me be the captain I was born to b...

Matt (Interrupting): You wanna interrupt me? I’ll interrupt you back MVP. Listen up, I saw through your act from the first second we won those tag titles, I saw through it, and more importantly, each and every one of these fans saw through it MVP. You beat me when I was down, helpless. And it felt SO good to come back at Wrestlemania and cost you all the things that you hold dear – titles, accolades and money. It felt so damn great!!!! But now I know how you must have felt – you did the same to me, costing me the US Title. But that has only made me more angry, more hungry, MVP. So I want you in that ring, one-on-one tonight, to finish this off, once and for all!

MVP: You know what, Matt, I’d love to, but not tonight.
*Crowd boos loudly*
Because MVP is the franchise player of Smackdown and I have the most lucrative contract in Smackdown history. That means I do things on my terms, not on the terms of some greasy-haired wannabe like you, Matt Hardy.
*Crowd chants ‘You Suck! You Suck! You Suck!’*

Matt: I think they think you suck MVP
*Crowd cheers*
And I’ll have to agree with them. You don’t wanna face me in a match tonight? Well, that’s fine, I’ll just have to make you fight me instead.
*Drops mic and runs down the ramp towards the ring, as the crow erupts in anticipation*
*Matt enters the ring and begins to trade punches with MVP, before catching him in the Side Effect. MVP rolls outside the ring, with Matt not far behind. They begin to brawl at ringside, as referees run down the ramp. The crowd shows its disapproval and the refs attempt to break the two up. But they’re not very successful as Matt Hardy ploughs through the wall of referees to leap on top of MVP once more. He manages to get MVP on top of the announce table, putting MVP through it with a Twist of Fate, before being carted away by the referees. Matt concurs, walking back up the ramp, arm aloft in V1 pose, with referees accompanying him. Scene fades to black, going into a commercial*

John

great promo. you may have won with that. anyway your through to the next round anyway. i can hear that song

*another one bites the dust*

lol. seriously great promo.

1chiban

Reaction score
Not bad for a beginner ay? ;)