• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Try Elevation X Again?

Reaction score
The first one in 2007 with Rhino and AJ Styles was a cool and new spin on the old scaffold matches from the 80's. It was suspenseful and had great storytelling. The crowd chanting "please don't die" and the way AJ was moving around made you think something bad might happen. I don't want wrestlers to put their lives in jeopardy but this match was a success.

I was at the Norfolk Scope in 2008 for the Storm/Rhino match. They had a great preview video to hype it some more before the start but Storm did a lot of stalling. They set up the table to break Storm's fall and that was ok but the match was a major let down.

Being 50% after only two tries might warrant a third.

This Guy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Elevation X is the stupidest match ever. You say it was 50/50. (1st one good, 2nd one bad), I think if you talk to most fans they would say they both sucked. The first one was suspensful because both preformers were ligit scared shitless that they were going to fall and kill themselves trying to do some of the spots that the bookers wanted them to do. The majority of the fans were ligit scared because Scafold matches in general are just stupid. There is a reason why they had been more or less dropped. And most normal scafolds were much wider that that stupid X that TNA puts there preformers on.

Bottom line I hope to never see a Scafold or Elevation X in pro wrestling ever again.

xtremebadass

Reaction score
Hogan didn't like the concept of the Terrordome which was an awesome match concept. Elevation X was the dumbest idea ever...so Hogan might actually like it.

Reaction score
A scaffold match is exactly like a blindfold match. Two people stumbling around unsure of their footing for several minutes until they make contact and someone falls down.

This Guy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
^^so does that mean you like or hate Scafold matches.

And XBA, the Terror Dome match was dumb too. Big Red Dome Cage that is hard to see on the inside of, and make people climb upside down to a small hole in the middle.

xtremebadass

Reaction score
And XBA, the Terror Dome match was dumb too. Big Red Dome Cage that is hard to see on the inside of, and make people climb upside down to a small hole in the middle.

I saw it live at BFG08 and it was pretty insane. It is bound to suck if the guy can't escape the hole though...I am looking at you Homicide.

Kizza

Reaction score
Hogan didn't like the concept of the Terrordome which was an awesome match concept. Elevation X was the dumbest idea ever...so Hogan might actually like it.

Terrordome is absolutely awful. So is Elevation X. So are most of TNA gimmick matches.

Kizza

Reaction score
It's a terrible idea. I'm fairly sure they had a terrible X Division rankings match in there as well. Climbing UPSIDE DOWN along a cage is stupid. Just have a normal bloody cage. I can understand why Homicide fucked up the ending. That would have been an absolute bitch to get out of.

This Guy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
for me its more then just the whole "climb out of the small hole in the roof by climbing upsidedown" There was the fact that there was always way too many people in the match combined with the red thick bars that made it tricky to see and keep track of what was going on. And yes every gimick match has "spots" but these guys just kept climbing to do spots and didn't even try to escape half the time. At that point the match loses all meaning and logic.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Is Elevation X like the Ultimate X match but instead of red rope, it's a metal X that moves up and down?

As far as Terror Dome, I actually like the match. Besides the fact that it's hard to see in there, and that Homicide fucked up the last one, it's still good to me.

This Guy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Elevation X is a X shaped Scafold but very narrow and they just fight on top and first person to fall off loses. Its a stupid idea to begin with on a normal sized scafold, its even dumber on a scafold thats only about 2 feet wide.

Reaction score
the terror dome was terrible. but it would have been bettler if it was 1 on 1 and not 12 guys. and the elavation match was stupid nuff said. any ways the only gimmick matches in tna that i like is ultimate x and gauntlet for gold and leathal lockdown.

Reaction score

It was horrible. Hey, let's all just climb up a cage and do spots for ten minutes. Awesome~!

A scaffold match is exactly like a blindfold match. Two people stumbling around unsure of their footing for several minutes until they make contact and someone falls down.

This. The fact that Rhino was in both (iirc) was hilarious since he looks shitscared of heights.

Terrordome sucked? Which one aside from the Jan 4. one? o_O

All of them.

...god...

Reaction score
Terrordome is absolutely awful. So is Elevation X. So are most of TNA gimmick matches.
This.

No, it's absolutely terrible. So overgimmicked and they're trying so god damn hard. I understand they want a unique TNA-defined match(es), but please, think of something not gay.