Triple Threat or One on One?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Which match to book?

• Total voters

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
Charlotte-Flair-Ronda-Rousey-and-Becky-Lynch-1047539.jpg

Well this thing has been highly debated so why not create a thread for it, most people are convinced that the mania main event will be Becky Lynch vs Ronda Rousey for the RAW Women's Championship. Whether that will be the main event only WWE knows but I hope to God that they make the right decision and make it so. But there's a lot of people who think there is someone that needs to be added to the match. Charlotte Flair. Even though I still think she gets preferential booking, I can't deny that she wouldn't at least make sense if she was apart of this match. She is not as hot as Becky and Ronda at this moment. However, she does have unfinished business with both ladies and would be a good supplement of talent and name value to this already stacked match up. And if she is omitted that you can argue that you're only doing half a story.

On the other hand, Charlotte can easily face Asuka for the belt in a rematch from last year and that way we have two women's matches with actual story. Plus you make it a triple threat and it gives WWE the out to have Ronda lose without getting pinned and that would be the worst thing about this whole thing if neither woman gets the bragging rights and the kudos of being the first to defeat Ronda.

I'm personally on the side of making it a triple threat. But what do you think should happen?

Ovaldinho

Reaction score
Leave Becky and Ronda to tear the house down in the main event. Asuka needs a big name to job out at Mania anyway

Chaz-1

Jobber
Reaction score
Should be the main event and I prefer mania main events to be one on one!

Enough chemistry and story between Becky and Ronda......it does not need another person!

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
Personally, I would prefer Becky vs Rousey and Charlotte vs Asuka, but I can see the appeal in a triple threat. While I can see the appeal, a one on one is still much much better in my opinion

Reactions: Chaz-1

<123>

Jobber
Reaction score
I don't think they need to over complicate it by having a Triple Threat match. The story is already running between Rowdy and Lynch - if Flair is added, the entire story could collapse and stagnate.

One VS One is the way to go I think.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I think they should should make it a triple threat but make Becky vs Nia Jax have a singles match at Wrestlemania to qualify into the main event. Kind of like Daniel Bryan at Wm30

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
I have no issues with a triple threat. Charlotte vs Ronda was a great match without a clean ending, so I don't see how it wouldn't be fitting for Charlotte to join in on this storyline. On top of that, people are starting to really hate both Flair and Rousey, so they're gonna cheer even louder for Becky, which is all you want after a 7+ hour show. Charlotte's also a great wrestler who's very familiar with both of them, so the match quality wouldn't suffer either.

I was actually rooting for Charlotte to win the Rumble to catch a lot of heat, so that Becky can force herself into the match and not the other way around.. to kind of replicate the whole Daniel Bryan situation where he was the hottest thing going but wasn't booked for shit at Mania, so the crowd rebelled even more in favor of Bryan.
The build up would have definitely been more satisfying if you had the hot prospect hustle her way through, instead of popping the crowd with Becky's Rumble win first, to then try and weasel Charlotte in there while everyone's complaining about it for the next 2 months. Charlotte also hasn't won a PPV match since SummerSlam, so the Rumble would have been her only reasonable way to get to a title match. I'm not sure how they're gonna book Flair into this but even if you're not familiar of WWE's fondness for Charlotte, it still comes across as preferable booking at this point.

So yea, I don't take any issue with the triple threat at all, but moreso the approach to it

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Who the fuck is Asuka gonna face? Mandy Rose? Nah, have Charlotte win.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Becky vs Rhonda. Charlotte can focus her talents on another feud... what I’d like to see is Charlotte take on a new NXT rising talent that makes their appearance at EC and the challenges Charlotte. Something different.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Charlotte vs Asuka just makes so much sense. Sure Charlotte is involved with Becky vs Ronda but you can't just leave Asuka on her own against the jobbers of the smackdown Woman's roster

Crithu

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I would keep the main event as a one on one match. There is a strong buildup for the match, and although Charlotte''s story is interwoven with the other two, I don't think her addition would add more to the fued. In fact, it would take away from another because like others said, if it's not Asuka vs Charlotte then it will be someone a lot lower on the card.

At wrestlemania, have Becky win and Rhonda Rousey go to Smackdown in the superstar shakeup in her place where she can pick up on her feud with Charlotte for the summer.

<123>

Jobber
Reaction score
At wrestlemania, have Becky win and Rhonda Rousey go to Smackdown in the superstar shakeup in her place where she can pick up on her feud with Charlotte for the summer.
I can see the WWE making Ronda drop the title to Becky; the WWE Universe is fully behind Becky to win the Championship. I think she could stay on at Raw and continue the feud, however, this risks the storyline stagnating.