Triple Threat or One on One?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Which match to book?

• Total voters

Crithu

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I can see the WWE making Ronda drop the title to Becky; the WWE Universe is fully behind Becky to win the Championship. I think she could stay on at Raw and continue the feud, however, this risks the storyline stagnating.
I have a feeling that fox really wants Rhonda on Smackdown. They could have her win the SD title and have a champion vs champion match at summerslam. Maybe then use that as a setup for the horsewomen match at Survivor series.

Having the two most over females on the same roster leaves SD at a loss (obviously Charlotte and Asuka are over but not quite same level right now).

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
Prefer one on one but theres a big gulf between these 3 and the rest of the roster. Asuka is really the only other one near their level (Sasha skill wise, not booking though).

fireflies

Jobber
Reaction score
A triple threat match will only be a waste of match. Best way to settle it is to allow C.flair pin Ronda at fastlane & make Mania a Becky vs Ronda.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
The McMahons couldnt help themselves but to fully inject themselves into this storyline lol

Reactions: Crash

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
This is the weirdest decision.

In any logical universe, one on one. This match SHOULD sell itself on the personal grudge and the well-built stars the two women are, with the FANS discussing the history being made of the women main-eventing. This SHOULD be a Wrestlemania main event quality storyline...

The problem is, this is WWE in 2019, where THE feud over the last 5 years has been WWE vs its own fanbase. They already gave Becky the all-important "feuding with the company" heat with them fucking around with her as a heel, so they have to not just add the McMahons to this for no reason besides to make the fans hate WWE, but... it almost seems like wrestling fans are confused to see a Wrestlemania without a toxic overpushed bum near the main event. So Charlotte can play that role of the heel that Roman Reigns used to be, they did everything they could to push as much heat onto him as possible and fans got used to this. Like it just doesn't feel like Wrestlemania without this silliness.

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Well, by now we all know where this is going and it’s only a matter of time (as well as how we reach that point) before the triple threat is officially confirmed.

From the very beginning, I had personally expressed my belief that this should have been a one on one encounter between Ronda Rousey and Becky Lynch. The story line was/is ready made and I still can’t shake off that amazing, electric atmosphere when the two ladies first faced off in the ring the night after the Royal Rumble. I think it really has been a while since we last had such a vibe and it really is too bad WWE elected to add Charlotte in the mix when it was really not necessary.

Once again, though I understand why they are doing this I still disagree with the idea of a triple threat and, quite frankly, we could easily chalk this up to story line stupidity. Why, you might ask? Wasn’t it all three McMahon’s alongside HHH in the middle of the ring on the first episode of the New Year (less than a fucking month ago), when they were all apologetic about the piss poor job on RAW? And wasn’t it HHH specifically that talked about how US FANS are now the authority? Well, if that’s the case, the vast majority of the fans had spoken loud and clear about them wanting this to stay one on one post Royal Rumble so…why are we getting Charlotte as well. I thought it was up to us the fans to decide…

Look, I get it. WWE basically hate the fact that Ronda has been booed a lot lately, which is a rather natural reaction given Becky Lynch is the monster baby face in this feud so, in their minds, by adding Charlotte in the mix, they feel she will absorb all the heat. It really boils down to that, alongside the fact that Ronda is probably stepping away (as in taking a break for a few months) after Mania.

Nevertheless, unless something really big happens that would force them to change their plans, it’s going to be a triple threat so, at this point, all I can hope for is that at least the outcome will stay the same, that being Becky’s hand being raised as the winner to close the show…