Triple H Reportedly Against WWE Utilizing Mick Foley On Television

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
wrestling-edge.com said:
Wrestling Observer editor Dave Meltzer was asked by a reader during his radio show (available here) why WWE has not utilized Mick Foley on television more frequently since his return to the organization last November. He said this is due to wrestler/executive Paul ‘Triple H’ Levesque’s lobbying, who is resentful of “The Hardcore Legend.â€

Meltzer reports Levesque deprecates Foley whenever his name is broached in creative meetings. While Brian Gewirtz, WWE’s Senior Vice President of Creative Writing, feels Foley is a creative and a good performer, Levesque thinks otherwise. He says Foley ‘doesn’t look tough’ and can’t be taken seriously as an in-ring performer.

A former WWE creative writer told Power Slam in 2008 under the condition of anonymity that Levesque would disparage Foley whenever he appeared for the company, and in the process, diminished his value in the eyes of Vince and Stephanie McMahon.

“Foley is an out-of-shape nobody,†Levesque was reported as saying by the writer. “No one cares about him at all. Funaki puts more asses in the seats than Foley does. He should pay us for coming on our shows.â€

Meltzer believes the real reason Levesque still holds Foley in contempt is because he gets irritated over the consensus of his closest co-workers that his memorable matches with Foley in 2000 ‘made him a star.’

Foley has criticized Levesque in the past; he took several veiled shots at ‘H in his 2007 autobiography The Hardcore Diaries. He also took issue online with Levesque belittling ring announcer Lilian Garcia with a remark he felt was hurtful during an April 2010 episode of Raw. Foley acknowledged then that he may have cost himself professionally for speaking out against Levesque, but felt he had to stand by his principles.
Really hope Triple H doesn't truly believe that Foley didn't help make him a star because he really did. Not the first time I've seen this report about his feelings on Foley just seems to be in more detail this time.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
The Funaki line was a little much but right now Foley shouldn't be on TV. His last few appearances weren't even that great anyways. I'm sure Trips has a lot of respect for Foley as I've heard him say a lot of great things in interviews outside the WWE. I think this more so that WWE doesn't need Foley since he can't really compete anymore and the last few times he was brought in it was pretty useless.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Yeah this is literally a carbon copy of the report because I remember posting something almost identical to this, maybe on TWC i'll have to check.

Such a ludicrous report if it is actually true though.

Edit: Looks like it was on our old forum.

Last edited:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Story sounds like bullshit.

Meltzer hasn't been right about anything since the 90s. The guys radio answers are so vague it almost fools people into acting like he is still a credible reporter.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I don't believe Triple H is seriously stupid enough to say any of that.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
I'm not buying it.

I think Hunter has tons of respect for Foley. Despite how he feels, Foley did make him in 2000.

Somebody's grabbing at straws with this report. And with Hunter's position backstage, I doubt he would sabotage himself by saying this.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Seems like a :shit: report, the only part i believe is the "Foley is an out-of-shape" line just minus the nobody word at the end.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Not buying it. Even if true, I just don't see what Foley can provide. He was a horrid host. He is too out of shape, slow, and knock kneed to wrestle. He can't take the berating while announcing. The best he could do is be a manager or have a wwe show to anchor like they do on 24/7

Last edited:

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Totally agree with Trips & Tony Schiavone.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Foley made Edge look like the greatest heel of all time last time he cut a promo in WWE.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I rather see Flar or Hogan wrestle for the payoff of a promo or feud, which says how bad Foley physically is now

Last edited:

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
He looks more like an alcoholic deadbeat uncle than a star wrestler.

There's no worth in putting somebody over him now, it worked once with Orton and never again. Ambrose would be better off feuding with Heath Slater than this joke.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
He looks more like an alcoholic deadbeat uncle than a star wrestler.

There's no worth in putting somebody over him now, it worked once with Orton and never again. Ambrose would be better off feuding with Heath Slater than this joke.

I would argue it worked with Edge also but you are correct, he adds nothing but comedy now.