Top WWE Developmental Star Reportedly Kept Off NXT TV Tapings Due to Heat with Offic

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
- WWE officials decided to keep Kassius Ohno off the last two sets of NXT TV tapings because trainers are reportedly frustrated by his lack of commitment to the strength and conditioning program in developmental.

Ohno was seen working out at the grand opening of the Performance Center last week but did not work the tapings that night. A number of people within WWE developmental are said to be disappointed with Ohno, who at one point was considered to be on the fast track to WWE's main roster.

Ohno is still well-liked within developmental and his in-ring skills aren't in question but there is heat on him for his lack of commitment to working out.
Seems like an easy report to believe whether it's actually true or not. Court Baeur who used to work in creative said a top guy in developmental had heat with officials but didn't name him specifically although it does seem to add up.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Re: Top WWE Developmental Star Reportedly Kept Off NXT TV Tapings Due to Heat with Of

Thank god, hes a fucking slob.

Guy needs to take tips from his buddy Cesaro and get his ass down the gym. Looks like an out of shape hobo, or your typical ROH fan.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Re: Top WWE Developmental Star Reportedly Kept Off NXT TV Tapings Due to Heat with Of

Well yeah, he does make punk look like a body builder. I get the thought, if he can't keep himself in shape in NXT while barely traveling, what happens on the road when there's less gym time and plenty of fast food etc?

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

Heard this story from Court Bauer and some dinky Canadian guy report two weeks ago. Nothing much to say, WWE likes their people looking "larger than life", not AWA pot-bellied pigs.

Hard to look like you can beat up Brodus Clay if you have skinny arms and love handles.

Also heard Court talk about a Shield member with some heat for being arrogant(meaning he thinks he knows more than agents who drew) that same week............Not Roman Reigns either, they love him, apparently he is the reason Ambrose has biceps now.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins

Quite an easy report to believe I must say so myself. It all adds up quite clearly and I remember seeing a similar one to this one recently about HHH not being happy. Probably the same report.. Yes I agree the guy is very talented and all and can put on good matches, and, he probably has a lot of potential, but for the fans to get behind him he needs to look good and impress. He just wouldn't look great on TV especially if he was to be against the main roster guys who are in peak physical condition. He has no definition whatsoever. Physical appearance is part of the job description.

But after all that I'd say it's more him showing a lack of commitment. They want him to do something and want a certain physique for him to play a role that they want to move him up to main TV for and he has failed to do so. Laziness. I don't see why he can't. He's being paid for this job and his services and as I said, physical appearance is a part of the job. You're out there in tights.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton

Indicative of his possible work ethic and if you're going to make the main roster and work with some of the giants WWE has you need to at least look remotely credible. He looks like something Big Show would eat after a big night out.

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro

Were talking bout working out. We ain't even talkin bout the match.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

Were talking bout working out. We ain't even talkin bout the match.

And your point is?

Think GSP would be as big of a star he is now if he looked like Roy Nelson?

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro

And your point is?

Think GSP would be as big of a star he is now if he looked like Roy Nelson?
[video=youtube;d29VsG35DQM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d29VsG35DQM i was Being sarcastic & and quoting this interview.[/video]

i was Being sarcastic & and quoting this interview.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

Lmao I loved Iverson .. Thing is he was naturally fit until he was suspended from Phili and sent to Denver. Sitting on his butt lost him his shape but KO didn't come in to NXT in shape and has gotten worse. It's excusable for guys who been hurt like Matt hardy and naturally bloat but it isn't right for a guy who is in developmental, doesn't leave the state of Florida, and isn't asked much of while making good money and has gyms available to him to look worse than guys in their 40s. Hell like I said he makes Punk look like a body builder

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy

If true it is poor from Ohno. He has been given a great opportunity and it isn't like he doesn't have access to a great gym. Why not work out as often as possible if it increases your chances to make it to the main roster and earn good money? Who cares if you don't enjoy it, if it gets you to where you want to be you suck it up and do it.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score

Reading this pisses me off. I just recently started really working out, and trying to get myself in perfect shape so I can eventually become a wrestler. He has the opportunity for bigger and better things, time to smarten up!

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5

He really needs to get his act together. Its not like WWE is telling him to become Cena size, it seems like they just want some dedication from him and he's unwilling to give it. Sure, WWE has brought in people before how don't have great bodies, like Brodus Clay and Tensai, but I bet if WWE tells them to be at the gym more, guess what, their asses are in the gym. From the looks of recent reports it looks like Ohno doesn't even show up to weight training. He deserves to be off NXT right now if he won't show any form of dedication or motivation.

Didn't this same thing happen not to long ago with Manu? He was released. Ohno is heading down that track. This is why his partner is doing so much better than him.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy

He really needs to get his act together. Its not like WWE is telling him to become Cena size, it seems like they just want some dedication from him and he's unwilling to give it. Sure, WWE has brought in people before how don't have great bodies, like Brodus Clay and Tensai, but I bet if WWE tells them to be at the gym more, guess what, their asses are in the gym. From the looks of recent reports it looks like Ohno doesn't even show up to weight training. He deserves to be off NXT right now if he won't show any form of dedication or motivation.

Didn't this same thing happen not to long ago with Manu? He was released. Ohno is heading down that track. This is why his partner is doing so much better than him.

If I remember right Brodus Clay dropped a ton of weight in developmental before he was brought up to the main roster and that put him in the good books with management. I think it is fair to say in wrestling that there is no middle ground with weight, wrestlers need to be reasonably muscular or need to be fat. If they just look soft then they don't look larger than life and look like an average joe.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score

I certainly hope he gets his shit together though. He has a lot of potential.