Top ROH star retiring at end of year

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Alex Marvez of Scripps Howard News Service has posted an article on Davey Richards, in which the Ring Of Honor star reveals that he will be leaving the wrestling business following the ROH "Final Battle" show in December.

Richards is quoted as saying "I didn't plan to do this for my career. I've gotten done with paramedic school and have other things I want to concentrate on. I want to get my black belt in jiujitsu and finish the fire academy. I'm married now, too. Ring of Honor has so many talented guys that they don't need me anymore."

Richards discusses his decision, including why he hasn't retired already, in the article, which you can check out at this link.

Source: PWInsider

You hate to see any wrestler leave. Especially one as talented as Davey. But at least he's leaving on his terms. I wonder who his opponent at Final Battle would be.

Kizza

Reaction score
WHAT!

:(

10 bucks on Danielson being the opponent.

Reaction score
There's so many ways they could go with this. Richards vs. Daniels would be a great match. As would Richards vs. Danielson obviously. I'd almost prefer his last match be a passing of the torch with someone up and coming like a Kenny King or Kenny Omega.

Axis

Reaction score
NO! :( He was one of the guys left in the indy scene that I find entertaining basically all the time.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
FUCK! I was praying it was going to be Tyler Black. Davey Richards is one of my favorite indy stars today. Him, Hero and Aries are my main reasons of watching ROH. Man that sucks.

Montana

Reaction score
He said he was going to retire last year too, and didn't do it. I hope he reconsiders. I'd love to see him get a good run with the ROH belt. Right now his best opponent appears to be Kenny Omega.

CT Styles again

Reaction score
One of my absolute favorites. I'm very sad to read this. At least it's on his own sensible terms. Very, very disappointing.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
First time I was truely sad about a wrestler retiring since Haybusa.