Top 5 countries you MUST see before you die

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

This Guy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
lol I used to be the way. The more frequently you do it, the easier it gets. Once a year probably won't break you in very well, but I can totally understand the fear of not being in control.

Alcohol helps.

The once a year flights have helped a little. Flying from Toronto to Vancouver last year (and actually again this September as well) have been the longest flights I've ever been on. Sadly I don't drink. Last year my doctor even gave me a prescription for some pill which he was giving me because I was going in to the hospital for an MRI and he added a couple more for the flight. Didn't use any of them for either and I was fine.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
The once a year flights have helped a little. Flying from Toronto to Vancouver last year (and actually again this September as well) have been the longest flights I've ever been on. Sadly I don't drink. Last year my doctor even gave me a prescription for some pill which he was giving me because I was going in to the hospital for an MRI and he added a couple more for the flight. Didn't use any of them for either and I was fine.

Of course you could always try the other thing I did (and not intentionally) is stay up all night the morning before your flight, drag your half-dead ass to the airport and just DIE when you get on the plane lol. I was so terrified after 20+ years of not flying, I couldn't sleep before my flight, but I slept like a baby when I finally got comfortable.

This Guy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Of course you could always try the other thing I did (and not intentionally) is stay up all night the morning before your flight, drag your half-dead ass to the airport and just DIE when you get on the plane lol. I was so terrified after 20+ years of not flying, I couldn't sleep before my flight, but I slept like a baby when I finally got comfortable.

Cant sleep on planes. Tried. Even this last year to Vancouver. Had almost no sleep. Flight was at 7am. Left at like 4am (bout an hour drive to Toronto) got there at 5. Hung out in the airport till my flight got on the plane, didn't sleep a wink.

Reaction score
1. England - I just love everything about the place. The historic castles, the museums, the football grounds, I'm chomping at the bits for my holiday to come closer so I will actually be there.

2. Scotland - My ancestral home. Would love to check it out.

3. New Zealand - the red headed stepchild to the east. Love the appeal of the place, and the culture, and can't wait to experience it.

4. USA - New York City, Vegas, Detroit, Texas, Miami, Hollywood, all pretty much sell themselves.

5. France - architecture, galleries, the 'city of love' it just has a striking appeal to it.

Notable mentions to Italy, Egypt & Indonesia as well

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
There's nothing to see in Detroit.

Unless you like poverty and getting mugged.

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
1. Englad - I'm a kind of a history guy and I really like going to museums, castles, seeing old buildings with history and stuff like that and everybody who likes history wants to visit England so yeah.

2. Australia - It just looks so awesome to me. But the most important thing why I want to take a trip to Australia is nature and all the wild animals that live there. Most importantly snakes. When I was like 7 I saw this document about Australia and all the dangerous snakes that live there and I was absolutely charmed so I won't die without visiting Australia and getting bit by a poisonous snake. :Banana:

3. USA - Everybody wants to go to USA at least once. I'd really like to go visit New York (Fuck shopping and everything, I just wanna go to MSG and attend a Knicks match), San Francisco (I don't know, it just seems really nice), Los Angeles and Miami (Again, NBA games and traditional stuff like hanging out at the beach, playing some ball with these awesome street ballers).

4. Thailand - I'm not dying without attending the Full Moon Party.

5. Italy - Again, history. Italy is country with such a wonderful history and everything about it is so appealing.

STMF95

Reaction score
-England, really want to go and see as many football grounds as possible.
-America - New York, L.A mostly.
-Japan - About as different to any country and would make a very interesting trip
-Germany - mainly to Berlin, i've had a good bit of friends go there recently and have nothing but awesome things plus It'd be cool to check out some of the World War II stuff there.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Germany. Need to attend Machinenfest atleast once.
Italy. Considering Greek & Roman mythology interested me as a child.
France. Architecture has also always been a big interest of mine.
Japan. I miss arcades, and would like to experience a wrestling event.
New Zealand. As a Lord of the Rings fan, I would love to see some of the landscapes.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I think a lot of you would be disappointed by LA. It's really not the magical land with famous people walking around everywhere that's it's made to seem like on television. Without all the Hollywood makeup, it's really just a dirty coastal city with typical architecture and the same crap you can see anywhere in California. San Francisco and San Diego are much better towns for tourists, much prettier, and much more unique.

I would say that at least the LA area has Disney Land, but Disney World in Orlando, FL is a hundred times better. Plus the Space Center at Cape Canaveral is close to that area and you could even catch TNA IMPACT lol. But I've always encouraged foreign tourists to avoid LA because America has much better places.

NYC
San Francisco, California
Honolulu, Hawaii
Chicago, Illinois
Miami, Florida
Orlando, Florida
New Orleans, Louisiana
Las Vegas, Nevada
Washington DC
Denver, Colorado
Boston, Massachusetts
The Grand Canyon, Arizona
Austin, Texas

Stick to these destinations on your first couple visits.

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
When I'll be making my way to the US of A I want you to be my guide, WAL. :Kurt:

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
I think a lot of you would be disappointed by LA. It's really not the magical land with famous people walking around everywhere that's it's made to seem like on television. Without all the Hollywood makeup, it's really just a dirty coastal city with typical architecture and the same crap you can see anywhere in California. San Francisco and San Diego are much better towns for tourists, much prettier, and much more unique.

I would say that at least the LA area has Disney Land, but Disney World in Orlando, FL is a hundred times better. Plus the Space Center at Cape Canaveral is close to that area and you could even catch TNA IMPACT lol. But I've always encouraged foreign tourists to avoid LA because America has much better places.

NYC
San Francisco, California
Honolulu, Hawaii
Chicago, Illinois
Miami, Florida
Orlando, Florida
New Orleans, Louisiana
Las Vegas, Nevada
Washington DC
Denver, Colorado
Boston, Massachusetts
The Grand Canyon, Arizona
Austin, Texas

Stick to these destinations on your first couple visits.

I see you've mistakenly left Philadelphia off of your list??...... I'm half kidding as most of my fine city is a dump and most of us Philadelphians are quite rude.... however there are many many many historically significant and lovely places to visit and "Old City" is a great place to spend an evening dining and drinking

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I see you've mistakenly left Philadelphia off of your list??...... I'm half kidding as most of my fine city is a dump and most of us Philadelphians are quite rude.... however there are many many many historically significant and lovely places to visit and "Old City" is a great place to spend an evening dining and drinking
Could take a bus to Philly from NYC if you like cheese steaks so much :KANE:

I've heard good things about Philly, but I've never been there personally, so I can't really recommend it with certainty.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
Could take a bus to Philly from NYC if you like cheese steaks so much :KANE:

I've heard good things about Philly, but I've never been there personally, so I can't really recommend it with certainty.

It's not really as bad as I and most other make it out to be.... There's definitely parts of the city you should probably stay away from but that can be said for all cities really..... there are some amazing sites to see if US History is your thing, the people are actually genuinely friendly (unless you come into a sports stadium wearing the oppositions jersey, good luck with that) and if you haven't had an ACTUAL Philly Cheesesteak you should probably check it out..

Oh and I'm glad you had San Francisco on your list, my favorite city I've visited

Reactions: 1 person

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
It's not really as bad as I and most other make it out to be.... There's definitely parts of the city you should probably stay away from but that can be said for all cities really..... there are some amazing sites to see if US History is your thing, the people are actually genuinely friendly (unless you come into a sports stadium wearing the oppositions jersey, good luck with that) and if you haven't had an ACTUAL Philly Cheesesteak you should probably check it out..

Oh and I'm glad you had San Francisco on your list, my favorite city I've visited
I had what was described to be an "authentic Philly cheese steak" at the State Fair of Texas which is famous for boasting some of the best food in all of known western existence. Take it for what's it's worth, but I was pretty impressed.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
I make it a point, whenever I visit a city, to order a Philly cheesesteak if i find one on the menu just to see if they compare and while I've had some that were very good None have ever quite lived up to one from here.... I'd imagine the same holds true for someone from St. Louis if they travel to Philly and order St. Louis style ribs, or someone from Texas who orders authentic Texas Brisket at a restaurant in St. Louis.... Everyone hears about Pat's and Geno's and the experience of those places at 2 am and a line 100 people long, which is a great experience, but the best cheesesteak in Philly is at a place called Jim's on South Street if you ever make the trip