Tony Khan Twitter Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deadd2009

Horror Movie Guru
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
zEZtX3o
Other than the mother tweets, the dude definitely needs some kind of training on how to be professional on social media, because at this stage he's coming off as a mark who's happy he gets to spend his dad's money to bring in all this talent.

I never saw Dixie Carter go on tirades and responding to fans when they said they werent going to watch IMPACT.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Ya Dixie didn't pay her talents so lmao at the ppl trying to make those comparisons. Yall need to chill over some silly tweets good grief

Deadd2009

Horror Movie Guru
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
zEZtX3o
I was more or less making the comparison that no other wrestling owner is tweeting the way he is lol, regardless of whether or not Dixie paid her talent, she was never bickering with fans over them not watching the show.

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
I was more or less making the comparison that no other wrestling owner is tweeting the way he is lol, regardless of whether or not Dixie paid her talent, she was never bickering with fans over them not watching the show.

Vince McMahon took out full ads to slag off Ted Turner
Eric Bischoff was challenging Vince to fight on air

If Twitter existed in the 90's, I can assure you both would be doing cringe shit. Also if the worst thing Tony Khan does it some dumbass twitter shit (which is dumb) he is still by default the best wrestling owner for a while. Plus you also have Billy Corgan publicly slagging off people who don't like his product

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Deadd2009

Horror Movie Guru
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
zEZtX3o
Vince and Eric doing that made sense because both acknowledged the other existed. In this current "war", it seems to be one sided because it's only Tony throwing shots every chance he gets while WWE seems to be the kid that's pushing him away with one hand.

Also who the hell honestly pays attention to Billy Corgan? How many people actually know he owns a wrestling company?

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
Vince and Eric doing that made sense because both acknowledged the other existed. In this current "war", it seems to be one sided because it's only Tony throwing shots every chance he gets while WWE seems to be the kid that's pushing him away with one hand.

Also who the hell honestly pays attention to Billy Corgan? How many people actually know he owns a wrestling company?

So it's OK when Vince and Eric did it but Tony doing it (also not on air like those two did) is bad? :okay

You said no other promoter was doing it and I provided an example. Honestly it just feels like you have an axe to grind with Tony Khan more than anything

Reactions: Vegeta

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
At the end of the day, it’s not a huge deal.

He does come off immature though.

End of the day, somebody on his team or in his circle just needs to tell him to stop being so passive aggressive and that everything doesn’t need to be tweeted.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
At the end of the day, it’s not a huge deal.

He does come off immature though.

End of the day, somebody on his team or in his circle just needs to tell him to stop being so passive aggressive and that everything doesn’t need to be tweeted.
yeah I can agree with this. Some of the tweets are mad cringe, but they really are not that big of a deal or damaging. Won't be the first or last person to have a bit of a fit on twitter and try to tweet through it.

I think comparing him to FAILED owners like Dixie is fucking hilarious (and btw I think she DMd @Chris once to stop swearing lmao) , TK pays his talent, treats them well and goes to bat for them. Passing judgment and calling him a mark etc is just being mean spirited and acting like the trolls he claps back at. Only makes you (not you Cwalker, you the people who do this) look like a bunch of nasty bullies

Reactions: Roy Mustang

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Dixie did DM me once to tell me not to say fuck TNA when Jeff Hardy beat Bully Ray in the 2012 BFG series, I've posted the screenshot before

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
In an interview with The Messenger, Chris Jericho gave his thoughts on Tony Khan's recent social media activity.

Khan made headlines last week with shots taken at Vince McMahon, Paul "Triple H" Levesque, and Shawn Michaels. The social media posts were made surrounding AEW Dynamite and WWE NXT going head-to-head on October 10.

Though NXT came out ahead in the ratings that night, Khan also wrote a social media post pointing out that it was the first time John Cena or The Undertaker had ever appeared on a WWE show that averaged fewer than one million viewers.

Jericho responded when The Messenger asked him about Khan's posts:

I learned years ago that bosses are going to be bosses, and billionaires are going to be billionaires. I've been working for billionaires for 25 years at this point. You can't control Tony Khan. He's going to do what he wants to do and God bless him. He created this company. He runs this company. He also grew up in the social media era. He got into wrestling via message boards online. He's always going to be attuned to that.

Jericho said he isn't going to tell Khan to put his phone away.

"So, you know, who cares, man? He can say what he wants," Jericho said. "I'm not going to tell him, 'Take your phone away,' because he's my boss. Say what you want. Whatever. I think it'd be worse if I said that stuff because I'm not the boss, you know?"

"Tony Khan owns AEW. He can do what he wants. I'm not going to tell him no."

Khan stated last week that business became personal between him and WWE when, while his mother was in the hospital last year, "many"AEW talent came to him alleging that WWE had tried to get them to break their AEW contracts.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
“Cool, I know he’s embarrassing himself, but I won’t say anything”

Patterson and Brisco in the 90s

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
that is about the answer I would expect from Jericho

Reactions: Butters

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
  • Haha
Reactions: Vegeta and Butters

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
“Cool, I know he’s embarrassing himself, but I won’t say anything”

Patterson and Brisco in the 90s
I mean, when put into perspective, if Tony's tweeting hurting the bottom line, and more importantly, Chris's bottom-line? The answer is no, so a guy like Jericho is unlikely to care. Some others might, but at the end of the day, most people already forgot those tweets happened, lets be honest. the world moves on quick

Reactions: Roy Mustang

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
He has a flat earth podcast to promote he doesn't have time to deal with Tony
yeah he do be into talking about all the dumb conspiracies as if they are super interesting. carnies gonna carny