Tony Khan Twitter Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
also SWERVE literally CONFIRMED WWE tried to get him to break his contract. He publicly stated it. Idk what more you ppl want

Reactions: Roy Mustang

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
What proof do you want exactly? Screenshots? Recording of the conversations with talent? And how do you know there wasn't repurcussions ( like certain talent mysteriously being off tv for a while)?

I guess that's fair. I guess I'd like to know who did the recruiting and why they weren't named? If it was an inside man Fired? Like I said I don't disbelieve it but feels like it could have been talent just wanting to jump ship at a time when someone they liked was put in charge.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
also SWERVE literally CONFIRMED WWE tried to get him to break his contract. He publicly stated it. Idk what more you ppl want

I didn't know this, or I forgot it. Was it on his podcast or something

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I guess that's fair. I guess I'd like to know who did the recruiting and why they weren't named? If it was an inside man Fired? Like I said I don't disbelieve it but feels like it could have been talent just wanting to jump ship at a time when someone they liked was put in charge.
how exactly would AEW fire someone from WWE?

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I didn't know this, or I forgot it. Was it on his podcast or something
So far the identity of any wrestlers who might fall into this category has been mostly fodder for speculation, but Fightful Select has come through and confirmed one name.

We can confirm that Swerve Strickland was contacted by WWE, but referred them to his attorney, and had no interest in returning to the company at the time. We were given the indication that he was contacted as a part of the reformed Hit Row pitch.

fightful even reported

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
So much has happened over the last year I’m just not sure what good brining up old shit will do…. Seems extremely counter productive for someone who seems to want to move forward and improve AEW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
So much has happened over the last year I’m just not sure what good brining up old shit will do…. Seems extremely counter productive for someone who seems to want to move forward and improve AEW.

def agree he should focus all that energy on the product. which tbf the product has been great so he obviously has been. Def not super healthy to hold on to that stuff, but I think the timing of his mother being sick at the same time clearly triggered some pretty deep feelings which I can at least understand

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
how exactly would AEW fire someone from WWE?

If it was a WWE person than name them for doing it. Issue a cease and desist? (They may have it's been quite a while).

I'm not saying TK made it up read all of my post I said that I didn't even think it's beyond the realm of possibility.

You have talent that saw HHH put in charge, they go to Tony and ask for releases so Tony. In an unclear state could jump to conclusions they're being poached when they just want to go back because he treated (I assume most of them well in NXT).

OR

Some talent in WWE said to some talent in AEW hey HHH is in charge now you should come back. In my book that's two friends having a convo not someone nefariously poaching someone, while the owners mother is fighing for her life. It's not WWE doing it, it's a guy talking to a friend or a few friends.

NOW

If it's someone actively offering a deal hey if you can get out of your contract we'd like to sign you that's shady as fuck and exactly what's being described.

BUT

At this point the only person (that I didn't even know about until your post) is Swerve going on record saying yeah WWE tried to poach me. That's one guy not a multitude of guys. But yeah that's shady. AEW should have filed suit, though as contractors I'm not sure what the legalese is on that type of thing.

AGAIN

Not putting it past WWE to do this .

TO THE POINT

Did TK make any other posts about his mom during the time? Maybe he's only referencing the one post he made? I'm not on the X so I have no idea. Perhaps that's why he quoted it, but just making a new post seems more productive. And it isn't needed AEW is it's own thing stop trying to take WWE down, your what 4 years in as a company. It's not the time you do your thing if it's good people will find it.

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
def agree he should focus all that energy on the product. which tbf the product has been great so he obviously has been. Def not super healthy to hold on to that stuff, but I think the timing of his mother being sick at the same time clearly triggered some pretty deep feelings which I can at least understand

I agree the product is good but I think he needs someone to filter this stuff through. Just to be like hey TK just yell that into a pillow don’t tweet it. I def understand being emotional about your mom but also it’s not like the two aren’t related and a year later is plenty of time to separate them.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I agree the product is good but I think he needs someone to filter this stuff through. Just to be like hey TK just yell that into a pillow don’t tweet it. I def understand being emotional about your mom but also it’s not like the two aren’t related and a year later is plenty of time to separate them.

reasonable take

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
If it was a WWE person than name them for doing it. Issue a cease and desist? (They may have it's been quite a while).

I'm not saying TK made it up read all of my post I said that I didn't even think it's beyond the realm of possibility.

You have talent that saw HHH put in charge, they go to Tony and ask for releases so Tony. In an unclear state could jump to conclusions they're being poached when they just want to go back because he treated (I assume most of them well in NXT).

OR

Some talent in WWE said to some talent in AEW hey HHH is in charge now you should come back. In my book that's two friends having a convo not someone nefariously poaching someone, while the owners mother is fighing for her life. It's not WWE doing it, it's a guy talking to a friend or a few friends.

NOW

If it's someone actively offering a deal hey if you can get out of your contract we'd like to sign you that's shady as fuck and exactly what's being described.

BUT

At this point the only person (that I didn't even know about until your post) is Swerve going on record saying yeah WWE tried to poach me. That's one guy not a multitude of guys. But yeah that's shady. AEW should have filed suit, though as contractors I'm not sure what the legalese is on that type of thing.

AGAIN

Not putting it past WWE to do this .

TO THE POINT

Did TK make any other posts about his mom during the time? Maybe he's only referencing the one post he made? I'm not on the X so I have no idea. Perhaps that's why he quoted it, but just making a new post seems more productive. And it isn't needed AEW is it's own thing stop trying to take WWE down, your what 4 years in as a company. It's not the time you do your thing if it's good people will find it.
yes he made a lot of posts about his mom at the time, he was doing pretty rough.

I believe FTR alluded to WWE trying to poach them too fwiw.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
yes he made a lot of posts about his mom at the time, he was doing pretty rough.

I believe FTR alluded to WWE trying to poach them too fwiw.

Some of it's probably sour grapes about going Head to Head on Tuesday and them putting Cody, Cena and Taker on the show? I mean to be honest WWE went overkill on it imo. It'd have been nice to see what Legit NXT did vs Dynamite now that they've both grown as brands.

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
The Taker and Cena tweet was dumb. The Vince tweet I am pro cause not enough people in wrestling slag him off. The ones today, whilst he is right he is probs better off not tweeting them cause it will make the trolls worse.

My brother in Christ…this is a wrestling forum. So yes, there are a shit ton of people that act worse in this world. But that’s not what we’re discussing.

But specifically, when we’re speaking about wrestling, just shut up, book the shows and keep it moving.

Why does he need to be the forefront? Or the face of AEW?

Honestly this goes back to something I've seen others say (general statement for clarity): people are more angry about some dumb tweets than Vince McMahon sexual assault. Also as Jeff said acting like all billionaires are professional is pretty funny considering the platform he is posting on and who owns it.

Last edited: