TNA's new direction

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

What do you think of TNA's new direction

• Love it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hate it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Montana

Basically what do you think, love it or hate it? I know it's early to tell, but from what you seen and know as of now, how do you think it will end up?

C4

It's definitely too early to tell but even a blind chicken with one leg could figure out that this is NOT going to be good for TNA in the future. I mean they're wasting money, following WCW, signing unnecessary talent and have lesser wrestling on their show.

From the looks of things, I don't see TNA going too far with this 'new direction' of theirs and I personally don't like it myself.

Mr.Enigma

Reaction score
I love it, but that depends on where they take things. The set up on Impact from Jan 4th for future angles was brilliant. They had so many things happening that could spawn in so many different directions, how can they go wrong. Yes, I know they can go wrong, but again the set up was brilliant and now all they have to do is deliver with consistent growth, a continuous storyline, and maintain the shock and awe approach by staying live and keeping things under wraps.

That is how TNA can continue doing what they did and keep it fresh and entertaining IMO.

Reaction score
It actually is too soon to say but personally I like where TNA is going. January did seem like a turning point for the promotion even though they had so much of the old guys coming in. I do hope they make it a point to make the veterans push the young guys for the future of not only the company but the industry of wrestling it's self. Like I said in past threads January 4th did make a mark and gave TNA momentum, All they have to do now is follow through with what they have started.

noumenon

Hogan and Bishoff have been there for literally one episode. I think it's a little too soon to say if we love it or hate it, or for that matter what their "new direction" even is.
I will say that at this point I greatly appreciate and prefer the fact that TNA isn't trying to market their product towards 10 year olds.

Reaction score
^^You know what was one of the best moments of unintentional gold during Impact last monday? When Bubba the Spooge Sponge was interviewing the TNA fans outside the building and asking what they wanted to see and some dipshit answered something like "I don't want to see some PG kiddie crap. I want to see good wrestling like back in the day like Ultimate Warrior and Andre the Giant" that was real wrestling? I'm certain that was kiddie crap and it was one of the most successful periods in the biz and everyone remembers that time so fondly.

But I really don't think there is a "new" direction per se as there is an influx of talent being introduced. The only thing that has changed is that TNA is polluted with old timers who really can't contribute to the business anymore, the booking seemed as not-good and clusterfucked as before and the young talent is suffering from all of it while fans are being told otherwise. It's WCW all over again, except everyone is older and fewer people are watching and TNA's young talent is no where near as over as WCW's young talent was. It's not like TNA would be crippled if their version of the Radicalz left for WWE, they don't have a Malenko, Guerrero or Benoit on their roster. And the truly sad thing is that people aren't turning away, they're overly excited about something that failed 10 years ago just because it "caters to a mature audience". Nostalgia is nostalgia, a superior product is a superior product and TNA is duping people into believing that the former is the later.

I'm not going to vote since it wouldn't be fair to. There really isn't any "new" direction established, just a bunch of yesterdays news brought in to polish this turd. TNA has always tried to sell itself as the fresh , young talent oriented, "wrestling" alternative to sports entertainment. Yet all that I see is 2000 WCW and old timers being brought in to tell me something that has been TNA's M.O ever since it debuted. I hope I'm wrong. I really do. But it's looking like what it looks like.

Dynamo

Reaction score
Well, I have literally not watched a whole TNA show since it began. I just couldn't get into it. But, I thought, considering all the hype, Id give the Jan 4
show a watch.

Now, It is actually frightening how EVERYTHING about the show screams WCW. I mean even down to the style of the product, the style of the arena's, lterally everything. Not to mention the roster. (The dome catch thing was so bad to watch that you couldn't see shit. It reminded me of the double cage match that the WCW used to do. Just bad.)It is crazy to think that, they think, this is going to work. I mean, after one show, who knows what direction its going to go, but bringing back old timers who are so out of shape its embarrasing, to supposedly bring some sort of hype and credibility to the product is pretty dumb imo.

Longevity is the answer to any good wrestling show. And had WCW not run itself into the ground with all the hair brained schemes and gimmicks which bled money, I believe that we'd still have two major, competitive brands of wrestling.

I think it is massively important for the business for TNA to survive. WWE has monopolised the market to the detriment to the fan and it needs a viable competitor, I just fear that if it goes down the route that I think we all fear, all it will do is solidify WWE as the only company who can put out a world wide wrestling show and prove that Vince must be some sort of ordained god!! (Or the Devil, depending on how you look at it) lol

Airfixx

^^You know what was one of the best moments of unintentional gold during Impact last monday? When Bubba the Spooge Sponge was interviewing the TNA fans outside the building and asking what they wanted to see and some dipshit answered something like "I don't want to see some PG kiddie crap. I want to see good wrestling like back in the day like Ultimate Warrior and Andre the Giant" that was real wrestling? I'm certain that was kiddie crap and it was one of the most successful periods in the biz and everyone remembers that time so fondly.

Yeah, that was funny.... Thanks for the reminder... Gotta love the TNA... ummm... "Universe"! : P

I'm generally with those that said it's too early to tell how it's gonna pan out, but having actually regularly watched TNA for the last 5 months (having begun to see a few of the guyts i like get some decent booking) I didn't really see anything new on the Uber-Impact show that suggested to me that things are gonna improve significantly... Am expecting even more backstage/management-based storylines though to detract from the decent shit though.

Dixie, Hogan, Mick, Jarret, Bischoff.... The Management Mafia anyone?

....vs a reformed face Main Event Mafia.

Imagine the promotional tag-line....

"And you thought they were passionless power hungry has beens eating up too much TV time!"

: P

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Yeah, it's way too early to tell where this is going. The live iMPACT left un-answered questioned and left open gates to new feuds. So I'm intrigued to see where it goes.

Airfixx

...What are these 'tantalising' new fueds that peeps are referring to?

Jeff v Homicide
Dudleys v Nastys
Outsiders v Beer Money

...Meh.

...Or have I forgotten something?

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

and Hogan vs. Jarrett

and Hogan and Eric Bischoff vs. Jeff Jarrett and Johnny Fairplay

Double J

Reaction score
It's not like TNA would be crippled if their version of the Radicalz left for WWE, they don't have a Malenko, Guerrero or Benoit on their roster.

I have to disagree, I think if Style, Daniels, Joe, and Roode/Kaz/Hernadez/Shelly/Sabin/Lethal (Pick one of those, you forgot to mention Perry Saturn so figured I'd add one more to make it even :) ) left for WWE it would hurt them in many ways. Not only would the fans of those guys move to WWE but also it would hurt the original TNA guy's morals hence becoming even more like WCW.

Reaction score
^^^ I understand your point, but what I meant is that those dudes leaving for WWE wouldn't benefit the E at all as they have no where near the fame that Benoit, Malenko and Eddy had. They'd be undercard jobbers. They don't have the E look. The only guy who E could do something with is Hernandez, Joe is fat, AJ and Daniels are little. No chance. The other guys aren't even on the E radar probably.

Airfixx

^^^Roode was reported to be of interest to the 'E about a year ago.

As per my earlier question about fueds (i.e. "What are these 'tantalising' new fueds that peeps are referring to?")....

hogan vs mick foley

Imagining something a little like the Hogan/Vince WM19 match, I guess if this angle does result in a match it'd be decent.

Hogan vs. Jarrett

As per the ones I previously listed, meh!

Hogan and Eric Bischoff vs. Jeff Jarrett and Johnny Fairplay

Who/WDF?

...Where's the (pardon the pun) Impact on the world title scene?