TNA's new direction

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

What do you think of TNA's new direction

• Love it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hate it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Don't forget Pope/Wolfe. You have Hamda and Kong as tag champs. I think Sarita and Wilde would be better off chasing the dominate team rather than being champ. And hey if I'm wrong, there's new teams that can go and take on the champs. ODB is the champ again and Roxxi has already pinned her clean recently while she was champ so look for her (Roxxi) to be in the title picture.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
They're trying too hard to make JJ heel and Hogan face, imo. We saw from the initial promos that the crowd really wanted to cheer the other way, and now they're really forcing the issue with JJ all of a sudden being all "the young punks suck", despite every promo he's ever given in the past being just the opposite. Methinks Hogan needs to realize that he's not the savior of TNA he thinks he is.

GREYGHOST

Reaction score
I, like others that have posted, don''t see a real difference as far as the product goes. I will say that after seeing the show this past thursday I am a little concerned as the amount of time given to the matches, I don't think that any match lasted over 10 mins. That is thae way for TNA to compete with WWe. Use the talent that you have to put on incredible match, in other words be different.

Montana

It's been a few months, what do people think?

Personally im really liking TNA at the moment. They are building the fueds/characters very well. The Hogan/Abyss vs. Flair/AJ match should be very interesting. The Pope, Anderson, Wolfe are all great additons and have really freshened up the roster.

Great One

Pope/Wolfe are like the badass characters they are building and Abyss is like the mega babyface. Could do without Abyss, but whatever. Just unsure how Joe, Daniels, Hernandez, Morgan, Lashley, and Tomko are gonna fit in.

Wordlife

Love it, especcccially after last night with AJ Styles. Just made me mark out for AJ more and more now

straight_edge76

Honestly I am starting to like TNA more and more as the weeks pass. When Hogan first was announced to be coming in I was more then a little skeptical but, TNA has done a pretty good job at picking up momentum and I honestly am looking forward to watching Impact on Monday moreso then RAW atm.

Great One

To be honest, I think it's apparent that Pope/Wolfe are their Austin/Rock, so to speak. They're slowly being built up, cutting amazing fucking promos and will soon take the spotlight. They even had the throw-off feud. What my previous post covered is still is a mystery to me though. They have so much damn talent, NEED TWO SHOWS! Not monday night live bullshit.

straight_edge76

I never even thought of Pope/Wolfe as Austin/Rock tbh. But now that you bring it up in many ways they can be compared to Austin/Rock. Wolfe in some ways is like Austin but in others he is similar to The Rock. The Pope has that Rock type of swagger and charisma. Wolfe has the Austin type of toughness.

Reaction score
To be honest, I think it's apparent that Pope/Wolfe are their Austin/Rock, so to speak. They're slowly being built up, cutting amazing fucking promos and will soon take the spotlight. They even had the throw-off feud. What my previous post covered is still is a mystery to me though. They have so much damn talent, NEED TWO SHOWS! Not monday night live bullshit.
They need to do Tuesdays and Saturdays. Or Wednesdays and Sundays... I miss me some Sunday wrestling. Anyone remember WCW Main Event??

R.e: the "new" direction. It hasn't gotten any better and really hasn't gotten any worse. They basically poured alot of money into a product for minimal gains. There certainly is no evidence that they're ready to go head to head with the E, especially during the WM build. They should have waited to get some warmer feelings, like higher buyrates for PPVs, noticeably higher tv ratings, and more advance house show ticket sales. They've achieved nothing of the sort. And having Hogan and Bisch as anything besides on screen talent isn't helping, nor is adding more names to an already bloated roster.
Eventually they will have to come to the conclusion that it's time to actually book the entire roster, or a majority into actual storylines to progress the company. Having like four names with angles isn't going to cut it, even more when half the roster isn't even getting air time because it's being used on Hogan and Bisch 50% of the show. Adding names for some surprise value to pop a cheap rating once every three months isn't progress, it's lack of booking prowess. It's adding band aids to obvious wounds. It seems that every Impact I watch, including last night is just thrown together, a mis-mash of some half hearted ideas that lead to nothing. I can't be convinced to watch a whole two hours of TNA for only four guys on the roster unless you give me a reason.