TNA To Make Storyline Based On Jeff Hardy's Problems

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ben

Reaction score
Former TNA Wrestling production manager Randy Ricci says that according to reliable sources within the Nashville based organization, current creative plans call for Jeff Hardy’s real-life issues to take center stage on television.

Ricci reports on his blog (nawf.com/blog) that Hardy plans on undergoing treatment for his issues with substance abuse and will enter a rehabilitation facility. Upon his completion of rehab, he will be brought back to television as a babyface recovering from drug addiction.

Hardy was officially written off television on last night’s episode of TNA iMPACT! as Immortal announced they had severed their ties with him.

On March 13 at Victory Road, Hardy received a rematch against Sting for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship under No Disqualification rules, but was defeated in ninety seconds. Behind the scenes, company officials had made the decision to cut the bout short after deeming that Hardy was in no condition to wrestle. The following day it was reported that TNA Wrestling had sent Hardy home from the week’s iMPACT! tapings. He has not appeared for the organization since.

Don't have a lot of faith in Hardy getting clean to begin with, but this actually would make for a interesting storyline. Would be a solid comeback story if he could come back, and actually start looking good again in the ring.

SAL

Reaction score
If he consents to it, I guess it's fine, but it still seems in very poor taste. Why glorify his drug use and make an even bigger issue out of it?

AF.

Reaction score
Don't know why they would want to make it public that the man has drug issues.

Lol TNA.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Dumb fucking shit, which goes without saying as its TNA.

How many parents are going to let their kids watch a show where the main babyface is shown as a junkie (reformed or not)?

Keep him as a heel, that way the next time he OD's in his crack den and no-shows the PPV they can bin it off as a heelish move.

SAL

Reaction score
How many parents are going to let their kids watch a show where the main babyface is shown as a junkie (reformed or not)?

To be fair, there were undertones of this exact same idea in the Punk/Hardy feud in 2009.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
^^ Jeff was shown as a guy who had 2 strikes, cleaned up, and didn't get another one though.

This is still dumb shit and reeks Scott "Under The Influence" Hall in WCW

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Jeff seemed to get bitchy about it when WWE made mentions of it so knowing TNA and how extreme they can go with stuff I wonder how he'll react to this if true.

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
Hey TNA, WCW 1998 wants their storyline back.

The Yeah1993

Reaction score
They really want that WON award for "Worst Promotion" again don't they?

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Don't know why they would want to make it public that the man has drug issues.

Lol TNA.

I know, right, because it's such a secret.

:lmao is all I can say about this. I hope they humiliate him to hell and back.

The Dude

Reaction score
I feel like they only want to do something like this because they see how popular Charlie Sheen is because of his drug problems.

King Kearney

Reaction score
I don't see that big of an issue with this. It's not a secret that he's got issues with drugs and in my opinion if it's just ignored the state he was in at Victory Road doesn't get mentioned when he comes back then that would make TNA seem more ridiculous to me