TNA safier then WWE?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

fuzzy

Reaction score
I was thinking, with Edge's unexpected retirment on raw and a lot of the wwe wrestlers being hurt and banged up, is it a safe bet to say that TNA is a safier place to be in? considering their lite- schedule and more time off.

Is this something that current wwe wrestlers with a banged up body and working hurt, would consider even moreso now to leave for tna reather than staying in wwe after their contracts end?

what do you guys think?

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
What!?

Just, one thing I'd like to point out... Edge's injury... he could have returned and fought just 3 more matches before finding out he had to retire... instead he went on and got plenty of time out of his body. Need evidence it could have been far shorter? Look at Stone Cold.

fuzzy

Reaction score
I understand what ur saying, but i'm talking about the not so-loyal wwe wrestlers. maybe they're thinking of jumping ship?
Look at RVD, he came in and got time off over a month, just after being in tan a few months. You don't think other wrestlers would be tampted to go there?

Reaction score
Ok as for RVD his time off was due to making to many TV appearances up to that point. Had you made the argument that TNA have a less hectic schedule then I would agree but then again I think Angle should take a leaf out of Edge's book and retire before he ends up in a wheel chair.

fuzzy

Reaction score
Thank you! and you just agreed that tna does have a liter shcedule, because they do and it's been made apperent that the wwe wrestlers who are there, mainly went because of the liter schedule. thus making other wwe wrestlers think to head up there before maybe they end up in edge's shoes.
IMO, i think there's more than a handfull, considering jumping ship.

Axis

Reaction score
The schedule is safer, but the people in charge of the WWE are more concerned with safety than are TNA officials. The WWE has a very strict substance policy, which TNA does not have. That is why the Jeff Hardy situation happened. And the Kurt Angle situation. It is why Edge retired in the WWE and didn't keep wrestling, like Hogan would have apparently had him do.

plachi

Banned
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it WWE who has banned chair shots to the head? I'd say that tells you whether or not they care about the talent's well being.

fuzzy

Reaction score
i agree with you on that, but in tearms of the schedule and the amount of shows to do during that time puts a real tare on one's body doesn't it? even without the chair shots?
plus look at how many wrestlers have died that had long worked for the wwe.
you gotta consider the workload, the number of days working with very little rest or sleep or even time off, and vince isn't the easiest boss to work for, the guy demands for you, he doesn't just ask of you.

Airfixx

Reaction score
Accidents can happen regardless of the schedule, but bearing in mind one of the fundamental arts of wrestling is to make what you're doing LOOK painful without significantly hurting each other, the work schedule shouldn't be THAT much of a major factor... Once you factor in the safety policies that WWE have in place that TNA don't , I don't believe there's any weight to the idea that TNA is a safer comanpany.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
The guys who passed who "long-worked" for WWE didn't die as a result of working for WWE. The only case you can use is Owen Hart, and that was just a freak accident.

You can talk all you want about injuries and wear and tear... then you can look at a guy like Ric Flair who rarely missed time for anything even after his plane crash. Sure he spent a lot of time in a managerial role at certain points in his career, but when he spent several years at a time in the ring, he didn't stop again because of injury. There are guys who wrestled every single night of the year for more than a decade who never had more than bumps and bruises... then there are guys who fell victim to a freak accident, and that's of no fault to the company or the work schedule.

It's like suggesting that playing WR for the Indianapolis Colts is the most dangerous position to play in the entire NFL. They pass more than anyone, you take more hits than any other receiver and you're constantly in the middle and because your team is so successful, you're always scheduled to face the top defenses each year. But the fact of the matter is, Marvin Harrison spent a decade, 160 games, as one of the most durable WR's in the NFL and it wasn't until a freak accident occurred that his body began to let him down. Reggie Wayne is still one of the most durable WR's in the entire NFL and he's been thrown to over the middle as much as anyone and absorbed as much contact as anyone.

All it comes down to is how lucky you are to avoid the accidents. As far as all these guys needing pain killers to get by every day... I say look at CM Punk and where that man is. He's going to be in a lot of pain one of these days because that's just the way athletes end up, but he says frequently that he feels perfectly fine 90% of the time... and it's mostly due to the fact that he's been lucky enough to not fall victim to freak injury after freak injury so far in his career.

fuzzy

Reaction score
i do agree with you, that wwe has better policies than tna.
i don't agree that Owen Hart was a freak accident. the guy didn't want to do that gimmick vince had him do, he didn't even want to do the stunt that night, but was forced by vince to do or else. out of all these years and more than thousands upon thousands of stunts done every day in wrestling, you mean to tell me that owen hart was a freak accident? no way man. that was no accident.

Axis

Reaction score
Do you realize what you're saying? If it wasn't an accident, then Vince purposely killed Owen Hart, by definition of "accident." If it wasn't on purpose, it was an accident. If it had never happened before and will likely never happen since, it was a freak accident. By definition.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
i do agree with you, that wwe has better policies than tna.
i don't agree that Owen Hart was a freak accident. the guy didn't want to do that gimmick vince had him do, he didn't even want to do the stunt that night, but was forced by vince to do or else. out of all these years and more than thousands upon thousands of stunts done every day in wrestling, you mean to tell me that owen hart was a freak accident? no way man. that was no accident.

Do you realize what you're saying? If it wasn't an accident, then Vince purposely killed Owen Hart, by definition of "accident." If it wasn't on purpose, it was an accident. If it had never happened before and will likely never happen since, it was a freak accident. By definition.

"thousands upon thousands of stunts done every day in wrestling"

Yes, when one out of every thousands upon thousands goes wrong... it's a FREAK accident.

And where is this that Owen didn't want to be the Blue Blazer or do the rafters? Last time I ever saw any case of Owen discussing it, he loved his Blue Blazer gimmick, and the rafters deal, I've never seen anyone say Owen didn't want to do that. Fuzzy, think before you post, seriously.

fuzzy

Reaction score
he didn't want to do the stunt, he was never happy about doing that stunt. check out interviews of his brothers and his wife, also the people close to him.

and i'm sorry, but you guys might think that it was a freak accident, but i don't. that's just my opinion.

Axis

Reaction score
Just answer this question. Do you believe that Vince McMahon purposely meant to kill Own Hart?