TNA Rebrand Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
There’s like 1000 Twitter clones now. None of them stand a chance of toppling Twitter while Twitter still exists but if Twitter died tomorrow, those clones would fight over who got to be the successor and eventually one of them would win.

Kenoh

Better Off Dead.
Reaction score
If anything we need to get away from having one unifying social media. Forums are best
Then forums will become just as toxic if not more then if that happens.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
If anything we need to get away from having one unifying social media. Forums are best
Forums are king.

• Love
Reactions: Butters

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
There’s like 1000 Twitter clones now. None of them stand a chance of toppling Twitter while Twitter still exists but if Twitter died tomorrow, those clones would fight over who got to be the successor and eventually one of them would win.
I've got Bluesky invites if you want, that one seems promising

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Then forums will become just as toxic if not more then if that happens.
Yes, and no. Forums tend to be more isolated and community driven and no forum typically has a user base higher than say six or so thousand people even on the large end. And rules when it comes to behavior tend to be way more stringent than social media. And even when social media tries to be stringent, it’s really hard to monitor 20 million people.

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
Interesting story, late in WF's run before the move to a new (shit) forum software, I must have red repped someone calling him a racist, then he went to my profile and shit talked me about it

I come back about 2 years later and the same person is a mod now

Kenoh

Better Off Dead.
Reaction score
Only if the mods don't do their job (for example: on WF)
Fair, but then you have to worry about favoritism and so forth.
Yes, and no. Forums tend to be more isolated and community driven and no forum typically has a user base higher than say six or so thousand people even on the large end. And rules when it comes to behavior tend to be way more stringent than social media. And even when social media tries to be stringent, it’s really hard to monitor 20 million people.
I understand, I was just saying if you made the entire internet to just forums then the toxicity doesn't go away. And while, community is big on forums, there is also the worry of tribes forming and more. I have been on forums before where that has happened. Like if you aren't in the Cool Kids Club, then you have to watch what you say or else.

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
I mean, if you were to hire people and pay them (and pay for their therapy when they have to remove mountains and mountains of gore and child abuse) that could happen

Kenoh

Better Off Dead.
Reaction score
Again, I am just talking from my experiences from past forums, discord, reddit, and twitter. Where you might be good with someone, but then you piss off one of the mods buddys over something dumb, and boom you get banned for three days.

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I've got Bluesky invites if you want, that one seems promising
Fair, but then you have to worry about favoritism and so forth.

I understand, I was just saying if you made the entire internet to just forums then the toxicity doesn't go away. And while, community is big on forums, there is also the worry of tribes forming and more. I have been on forums before where that has happened. Like if you aren't in the Cool Kids Club, then you have to watch what you say or else.
Toxicity exists everywhere even on forums currently but the levels are entirely different. There are people I can guarantee you are being toxic pieces of shit currently on Twitter or Reddit or wherever and they’ve all been banned from here at one point or another. I think we’ve banned like I don’t know 25 people in the last couple years. They’ve all come in and tried to treat this place like it was social media and bully people and try to be toxic and we tossed their ass.

Now, of course, forums as vulnerable to moderation teams that don’t moderate their forums particularly well or are owned and moderated by toxic people themselves. We actually merged with a site that was kind of like that. I would say on the whole and large I vastly prefer forum culture to social media culture.

Reactions: Kenoh

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
Toxicity exists everywhere even on forums currently but the levels are entirely different. There are people I can guarantee you are being toxic pieces of shit currently on Twitter or Reddit or wherever and they’ve all been banned from here at one point or another. I think we’ve banned like I don’t know 25 people in the last couple years. They’ve all come in and tried to treat this place like it was social media and bully people and try to be toxic and we tossed their ass.

Now, of course, forums as vulnerable to moderation teams that don’t moderate their forums particularly well or are owned and moderated by toxic people themselves. We actually merged with a site that was kind of like that. I would say on the whole and large I vastly prefer forum culture to social media culture.
Big problem with social media: everyone's trying to get themselves over

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Again, I am just talking from my experiences from past forums, discord, reddit, and twitter. Where you might be good with someone, but then you piss off one of the mods buddys over something dumb, and boom you get banned for three days.
Yeah, those types ruin it for everyone. You need to be objective with your moderation.