TNA No Surrender 2010

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
200px-No_Surrender_%282010%29.jpg

No Surrender

Semi-Final of the TNA WHC Tournament (If Angle loses he will retire)
Kurt Angle vs. Jeff Hardy

Semi-Final of the TNA WHC Tournament
Mr Anderson vs. D'Angelo Dinero

TNA World Tag Team Championship
Motor City Machine Guns (c) vs. Desmond Wolfe and Magnus

TNA Television Championship
"I Quit" Match
AJ Styles (c) vs. Tommy Dreamer

X DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Sabu vs. (c) Douglas Williams

TAG TEAM MATCH
Sting and Kevin Nash vs. Jeff Jarrett and Samoa Joe

FALLS COUNT ANYWHERE MATCH
Abyss vs. "The War Machine" Rhino

GRUDGE MATCH
Velvet Sky vs. Madison Rayne

The card will be updated when more matches are announced on TNA's website.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Two more matches have been added to the card and the above post has been edited to reflect the new updated card.

For the first of the tournament matches, Angle vs Hardy, the easy winner here is Angle. He isn't going to retire and he is still in the middle of his storyline where he started from the bottom and worked his way through the top ten contenders to the title. Angle will win this match and move to the final of the tournament. For the second match it is much more difficult to pick the winner. Both would be worthy of getting to the final and winning the title but it just depends on who TNA want to push right now. Personally I see Mr Anderson getting the nod and getting to the final to face Angle.

The tag team match sounds fantastic to me, finally a proper tag team match will be on TNA PPV. MCMG's have the title again after what seemed like ages and there is a fresh new team featuring two talents who haven't been used that much recently. MCMG's to retain the title here but I hope that this will lead to a longer feud.

Not sure about the Tv title match. The EV 2.0 faction are the faces getting cheered over the next generation of TNA stars the "Fortune" who are the heels. Would rather it be the other way around but I don't see this feud lasting that long anyway. AJ Styles has to win here, no need for Dreamer to get the title at his age and position on the roster.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
MCMGvs Wolfe and Magnus could be a great match if given 10-15 minutes and since it is TNA that is possible. Hopefully Dreamer puts Styles over to give him more credibility as a tough guy since it is an I Quit match. I think we will get Anderson-Angle again and BFG and I think Anderson may actually retire Kurt.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
This is another lack lusture TNA offering, at least there is some freshness to it. Trouble is I don't think Angle against Hardy is going to be the match it might have been a few years ago. And it does strike me as too much of a WWE type match.

Williams v Sabu could be really excitng as there is a number of styles in there, and Williams should be able to carry much of it. AJ and Dreamer in a I Quit match is another bit of stupid booking, and its going to do little for Style's repulation to be in a match with this washed up bum.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Williams vs Sabu may return the X-Division back to the old days. Sabu is aging but he can still do the big spots, Williams has the strong wrestling base style and the clash of styles will be interesting.

I really don't like the other tag team match, no point having it on the card. Waste of space, time and money.

I feel bad for Abyss that nearly every big match he is in he has to do a hardcore match. It can't just be a regular match, it always has to include weapons which must kill his body.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I agree that part of the reason the Abyss character has been killed stone dead is because he has done these gimmick matches to death, also because he has wrestled the hardcore style for so long it has totally nackered his body, and as result the guy can barely do anything. But whichever way you look at it the guy is past his best and no longer has any value to TNA. A few years ago a match between him and Rhino would have been an exciting brawl, not anymore.

I do think Williams and Sabu might prove the match of the night. I actually think the tag title match should be quite good.

What do you think of The Pope against Anderson match. Pope has been one of the most improved wrestlers in TNA, and Anderson's been pretty hot recently as well. There will be preasure on them to produce a good match, if given the chance and both step up it could be one of the better matches on the night.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Both guys are well past it now. Rhino was good when he first came to TNA but he has rarely been used the past two years and I suspect is only still on the payroll because of this new ECW faction. Abyss had some good matches against AJ Styles for the number one contender spot many years back and they were regular matches not over-the-top gimmick matches. Abyss has been unfortunate to have the gimmick he has because TNA keep putting him in these matches and it is a waste. It is just another match rather than a gimmick match that means something.

The tag team title match will be great but the Sting & Kevin Nash vs. JJ and Joe is the match I am least looking forward to. I don't think that it should be on a PPV, Joe should be but he needs to be in a better storyline than this one.

I like the match-up of Anderson and Pope. Both exciting young wrestlers who didn't quite make it in WWE. Pope has completely repackaged himself and is a future world champion. He has all the skills needed and now has that gimmick which resonates with the fans. Anderson has been hot and cold in my view since joining TNA, I wanted him to alter his gimmick a bit rather than using the same as before which was stale after a year in WWE. His matches have improved though and I think that this will be the match of the night. Both are going to have long careers in TNA and I wouldn't have minded this being the match for the title.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I think its in ring that Anderson is a bit inconsistant. Sure the guys decent, but sometimes the moves seem a bit limtied, and sometimes I struggle to get fully engrossed in his matches like I did with say Chris Benoit, the passion and human emotion does not always seem to be there with Anderson. And with his current gimmick I think they were hopeing he would be TNA's asnwer to The Rock, but now it might be time to switch him back heel where he is more comtreable.

As for the match itself I think the Pope should go over. He rightfully lost to AJ Styles in their title match a few months back, however since has dropped back into the midcard zone, and needs a good clear victory over Anderson to boast his profile.

schizo

Reaction score
I must say that over all I was pretty entertained through out the show. I won’t go as far as saying it was great but it was good. Most of the matches were decent-good and they utilized their time extremely well in my opinion.

MCMG defeats GenMe – Going into the PPV I was expecting it to be MCMG Vs London Brawling but I guess they changed it last minute. No idea why. I missed the first 5 minutes of this match but from what I saw this was a pretty good match. Really fast paced match with both teams showing off their high flying abilities. At the end the Machine Guns got the victory and GenMe turned heel attacking Alex Shelly and Chris Sabin.

Doug Williams defeats Sabu – Alright I was pretty sure Sabu would win this match for some reason but I guess I was wrong. Both guys were pretty good and the match itself was pretty good. The ending was a little weak though, we saw Doug Williams hit Sabu with the X-Division title as the referee had his back turned but the problem was that it barely looked like he even hit him with the title.

Velvet Sky defeats Madison Rayne – Not much to say here. Short match but not much to expect from the knockouts these days I guess. Velvet Skye got the win.

Abyss defeats Rhino – Now for this match you had the crowd chanting “This is Awesome” but honestly this was just okay. We saw Abyss and Rhino just brawl it out all over the arena until they finally got into the ring, after a few minutes of some decent wrestling from the guys Abyss hit Rhino with the Black Hole Slam and got the win. Rhino looks to be in great shape and I am surprised hes only 34, I really thought he was in his late 30′s – early 40′s.

Jeff Jarrett/Samoa Joe defeat Kevin Nash/Sting – This was the match of the night that I was least interested in. Most of the match I was watching Scrubs on my computer because honestly you can’t expect much from these guys, especially in a tag team match. Joe how ever did prove that he still has what it takes despite the weight gain.

AJ Styles defeats Tommy Dreamer – Alright I had a feeling this match would be pretty good and I was right. AJ seemed to have the upper hand through out most of the match which made me think that we would see Tommy Dreamer getting the victory but as Dreamer got the upper hand AJ pulled out a fork from his attire and poked him in the eye with it. He then jabbed in his eye for a good 30 seconds till Dreamer finally decided to quit. So EV2.0 went 0-3 tonight which makes me think why TNA would even start this feud if this was their plan.

Kurt Angle Vs Jeff Hardy – Alright, this could possibly be the match of the year for TNA but the ending was horrible. Both guys gave it their all, at one point I thought the match would end in a no contest due to both guys legitimately having nothing left in the tank. Hardy hit the Swantom Bomb on Angle 3 times, once on the outside. Angle hit Hardy with an Angle Slam and locked in the Ankle lock but still it wasn’t enough to make Hardy tap out. What happens now? Well the time limit runs out after 20 minutes of great wrestling. The fans begin to chant “5 more minutes” and we see Bischoff making his way to ringside, he walks over to Dixe Carter and talks to her for a moment, grabs a mic and says that he has no choice but to add 5 minutes to the clock. Alright both men continue to go at it but once again the time limit runs out. Bischoff says that there must be a winner so he puts yet another 5 minutes on the clock. They go at it once again, Angle gets busted open pretty badly and guess what happens next? If your guessing that the time limit runs out again, you are correct. Bischoff gets in the ring and tells Angle that his cut is too bad so the match must end in a draw.

Alright time for a short rant. Why the fuck would you put a time limit on this match in the first place? Why must TNA be so inconsistent that they randomly add time limits to matches. They always ruin the match but you see what was even worse was when they kept adding 5 more minutes and said that there must be a winner and at the end they call it a draw because Angle is bleeding? Ridiculous.

Mr Anderson defeats The Pope – Alright I am not sure why this was the main event, especially since this is something we have seen before and Angle/Hardy was a first time thing. Anyway the match was pretty good, some nice counters and grappling techniques in this match. Anderson got the win and I am guessing he will face both Angle and Hardy at Bound For Glory.

If I were TNA I would have Angle and Hardy feud from now till Bound For Glory and have them open up the show, where the winner faces Anderson in the main event.

Brock Lesnar

Reaction score
They've always had time limits, even since the early days, and I specifically remember them saying even recently, that the following content is scheduled for one fall with a 20 minute time limit. I loved the fact they used it to their advantage and made something out of it. What a fantastic match between Hardy and Angle, truly the match of the night, and maybe the match of the year. Just great wrestling, great storytelling. Great overall.