TNA Lockdown 2013 News

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
fcc674c9aea15c292f8b296612164388_L.jpg

TNA WRESTLING ANNOUNCES SAN ANTONIO FOR “LOCKDOWN†LIVE PAY-PER-VIEW EVENT MARCH 10 - PRESENTED BY DIRECT AUTO INSURANCE! TNA IMPACT WRESTLING SUPERSTARS HULK HOGAN, AUSTIN ARIES, BOBBY ROODE, JEFF HARDY, JAMES STORM AND MANY MORE WILL IGNITE THE ALAMODOME!

TNA Wrestling has announced San Antonio, Texas will be home for “Lockdown†presented by Direct Auto Insurance. The annual live Pay-Per-View extravaganza is scheduled for Sunday night, March 10 at the Alamodome. This will be TNA’s first televised event from San Antonio. Tickets for “Lockdown†start at $15 and go on sale Friday, Dec. 7 at all Ticketmaster outlets or ticketmaster.com.

“Lockdown†is promised to be the most dangerous Pay-Per-View event of the year featuring a 15-foot reinforced steel cage. The TNA World Heavyweight Championship will be on the line and two teams will compete in a “Lethal Lockdown†match for an unforgettable night of action. Fans can watch the “Road to Lockdown†on TNA’s weekly flagship show, IMPACT WRESTLING, airing every Thursday night on Spike TV.

The reigning TNA World Heavyweight Champion, Jeff Hardy, leads the invasion of IMPACT WRESTLING stars including Hulk Hogan, “Cowboy†James Storm, Olympic Gold Medalist Kurt Angle, “The Phenomenal†AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam, the lovely and lethal Knockouts and more.

"We have been waiting to play San Antonio until we could bring this great city a big televised event," said TNA President Dixie Carter. "I'm so excited our first show there will be Lockdown -- TNA's most intense pay-per-view of the year."

Tickets for “Lockdown†go on sale Friday, Dec. 7 at 10am, at all Ticketmaster locations, Tickets for Concerts, Sports, Arts, Theater, Family, Events, more. Official Ticketmaster site, the Alamodome box office or charge by phone at 1-800-745-3000.

"TNA Lockdown Fan InterAction†will be taking place on Saturday, March 9. Tickets go on sale Friday, Dec. 7 at ShopTNA.com. “Fan InterAction†is a popular fan friendly event giving fans a chance to meet many of the stars of TNA IMPACT WRESTING.

TNA will also be offering a limited number of travel packages that will include lodging and first or second row tickets to “Lockdown.â€

This is a massive step up for TNA, the Alamodome is a 65,000 seat stadium. WWE used it once before for the 1997 Royal Rumble PPV and drew 60,525 fans. This is a momumental task for TNA to even half fill it. Correct me if I am wrong but I am pretty sure that the biggest TNA attendance ever doesn't even break 10k so this is so much big than anything they have ever attempted before. It does help that the cheapest tickets are only $15!!! If I lived there I would definitely attend for that much, only $5 per hour of the PPV which is nothing even if the seats are bad.

Also is it just me or does it seem like Lockdown is TNA's main PPV these days rather than Bound For Glory?

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Dixies optimism could probably be considered pure blindness. Big televised event is an uber understatement. Yes it's a big step up for TNA, but I don't think it will have that big of a pay off as TNA would like.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
The Alamodome show for WWF was one of the most papered events in their history. Something tells me the people of San Antonio would be getting free tickets in the mail with their bills.

Tough undertask to fill an arena, would be impossible for a company with little to no name value.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Filling the stadium should be the last thing on TNA's mind because it's just not going to happen. I don't believe they've ever gotten over 10k, and I don't see anything they can do in the next 6 months to change that for Lockdown.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
Filling the stadium should be the last thing on TNA's mind because it's just not going to happen. I don't believe they've ever gotten over 10k, and I don't see anything they can do in the next 6 months to change that for Lockdown.

Joe/Angle at Genesis '06 was 66k to 80k...

Just put Joe in the title match and they'll draw lol.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Joe/Angle at Genesis '06 was 66k to 80k...

Just put Joe in the title match and they'll draw lol.

Pretty sure that was how many people bought it on PPV, sure as hell weren't that many there live. Wiki says the attendance was 9 hundred.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
I don't get it, TNA's PPVs are generally in front of around 1,000 people in the Impact Zone, and now Dixie wants to sell out a 65,000 seater? Granted, they can of course draw more than 1,000 people, but this is a massive task and a pretty unnecessary leap forward. You'd think they'd want to bring a few more of their PPVs around the country before booking such a large stadium.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Looks like free tickets will be given out at some point. I don't see any reason not to travel down to Texas for this myself if that is the case.

omega210

Reaction score
TNA isnt that big here in san antonio...hell wwe is having trouble selling out the smackdown taping here on jan.15 so i know that about 57,000 tickets will be comps.i hope im wrong but i think that this will be a fail

Reactions: 1 person

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Cheap tickets will go far for selling the seats, a cheap way to entertain the family is a major marketting ploy recently, local theatres have even introduced family passes for upto 5 people at $20, even on opening night.

Also, the fact that TNA rarely goes on the road anymore will create a slight surge in people wanting to see it live. But I still feel like the top half of this stadium will be blocked off so it looks like a better turn out.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I don't know why TNA made such a big step up, why not book an arena that can hold 10-15k instead and work to fill that before trying a 65k seat stadium. This is practically an impossible task and I can't even see them breaking 20k even with heavy papering.

To try to get the sales will this PPV be headlined by Sting vs. Hogan for the TNA World title :p

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Arena is far too huge for them. But I was trying to find ticket prices I found an article saying this.
To clear up confusion from readers, the Alamodome will be setup for around 4000 fans (which is even sillier because I think the impact zone holds like 800-900) as the venue is capable of holding over 70,000.
Even still the most expensive ticket is $150 and the halfway price is $50. Which is lightly less than a WWE ppv but also slightly more than raw.

I personally don't go to events unless I get pretty damn close and to me TNA would not be worth that money especially when you can go see them in Florida for free.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Arena is far too huge for them. But I was trying to find ticket prices I found an article saying this. Even still the most expensive ticket is $150 and the halfway price is $50. Which is lightly less than a WWE ppv but also slightly more than raw.

I personally don't go to events unless I get pretty damn close and to me TNA would not be worth that money especially when you can go see them in Florida for free.

Ok I know that report didn't come from you, but why is it silly that it will be set up for 4000 compared to them playing to say 400 people at the Impact Zone? 4000 is a lot more than 400. Now chances are they will get no where near 4000, but might get say 1200 in which case it will still be a decent pay day.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Impact zone fits roughly a thousand. so they're aiming for a size of 4 times what they normally draw. Which they won't fill. in an arena that can fill 70times that. Why would you go to an arena with such a huge capacity with the goal of not even filling a quarter of that?