TNA Is Getting Better

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TheAnswer

Reaction score
Well there are so many "I hate TNA" threads that I decided to make one pointing out that TNA has done some good and is getting better.

First thing is first, TNA has been getting back to solid ratings. Last week they drew a 1.22 rating which is way better than the .5 and .7 they were getting a few months ago. Ratings have been steadily improving each week.

The next thing that has been done that I believe gets overshadowed by certain people getting buried is they are getting people over as well. D'Angilo Dinero has gotten way over with the crowd and is in the main event picture and hes getting a chance he did not get with the WWE. Although he seems to be mixed in the shuffle that has more to do with him being fresh off an injury.

Hogan is making money. Although its always trendy to hate Hogan the man sells merchandise and still garnars attention. I was talking with two 40 year old men who haven't watched wrestling in about 8 years and they told me they went to a TNA house show to see Hogan. I bought a shirt from TNAshop.com and he is always going to sell merch. He also is getting TNA's name out there. Being on Good Morning America and such helps TNA get more national exposure and at least gets their name out there. So although he has a big contract it seems money well spent.

Abyss. Abyss was in a character that he should never have been in. He was scared, schitzo, who was just annoying to watch. But since Hogan and Bishoff came in they gave Abyss time to finally turn him back into the character that fits him. A lot of people do not like Abyss but I always thought of him as a talented big who can cut a good promo.

RVD was the topic around this forum for so long while he was in WWE. Always about him not being higher on the card, not getting better championship runs, etc. Now TNA has made him one of the main guys.

Although I'm not thrilled about the ECW Invasion, the fans go nuts for them in the Impact Zone and the ratings haven't declined because of them so hopefully it ends quickly and they help attract a new audience.

TNA is the first wrestling company since WCW that is at least a solid alternative. They have given the fans over 13 a wrestling program that you dont have to be embarressed to watch and have made a lot of stars.

I'm not saying TNA is perfect right now because they need to improve on certain aspects.

First thing they need is direction. They need to have their Bound For Glory card and work backwards. TNA flip flops back and forth way to much on what they want to do. Get an idea and stick with it.

AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, and Christopher Daniels should have been getting better pushes. Styles should always be in the main event picture and not with the TV championship. Samoa Joe should be getting treated better but with a poor attitude and a shaky work ethic you can't blame TNA for suspending and not giving Joe a big push. Daniels also had some attitude problems from what I have read but I think he would be perfect for the TV championship and maybe creep into a World Heavyweight Championship match and depending on how over he gets maybe give him a shot with the belt.

Thats just my rant and I just wanted to post a non pessimistic view on TNA, they are far from perfect but lets remember that TNA has done some really good things.

Axis

Reaction score
Please explain how Christopher Daniels, somebody not employed by TNA, is getting a "better push."

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
haha

Abyss. Abyss was in a character that he should never have been in. He was scared, schitzo, who was just annoying to watch. But since Hogan and Bishoff came in they gave Abyss time to finally turn him back into the character that fits him. A lot of people do not like Abyss but I always thought of him as a talented big who can cut a good promo.

Hogan demolished poor Abyss at first. He is just now starting to get his monster back

Reaction score
No. No. It's not.

Hogan cuts a promo talking about stepping aside and letting young guys run with the ball. This was during a 15 minute promo/beat down segment also involving Kevin Nash, Jeff Jarrett and Sting. Also they're devoting an entire payperview to a bunch of past their prime has beens and never weres.

Also on Impact they spent about 10-15 minutes building up their payperview happening in 3 days. That is a recipe for disaster and part of the reason why TNA does such piss poor buyrates. They have a show built around extreme wrestlers and extreme wrestling and what do they do? They give away cage matches, ladder matches, street fights, and ultimate x matches away for free in the weeks leading up to the payperview. That's like watching a girls gone wild commercial except they don't put any of the censoring bars up and expecting people to buy the DVDs. Everybody just saw the goods for free during the commercial.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
Not to mention I swear they have title matches about every other week.

pumpt73

Reaction score
While I won't say TNA is setting the World on fire, it's not bad right now considering the alternative if you don't have HDNet. I have just given up completely on WWE programming. I prefer TNA's roster. Im not really excited about the ECW angle, in fact it's really stale becaue they can't even use the ECW monikker because WWE has the trademarks. I really do hope it's a one night only thing. I wouldn't mind seeing some of the talent back, but some I could care less to see. I've always thought that everytime TNA took one step forward, they took ten steps back. TNA is gradually improving, but not at a fast pace. They still have a very long way to go before they're even on WWE's level, businesswise. I really didn't like the concept of the 5 match series with stipulations in each one between the Guns an BMI. To me, I would have gone with a no DQ match in one, and do a few straight up tag team matches. Have these two put on solid regular tag matches to show newer fans just how good they really are. There's no need to show for free what you can charge people for. Then you aim your payoff bout at the PPV and put it in a Steel Cage match. Just my opinion. It may stink, but hey, it's mine.

I like the ranking system as well. I think TNA has done very well with WWE castoffs like Burke, Jordan, Hardy, Anderson, etc. It's not a bad promotion to watch, and like I said earlier, it's a good alternative to WWE programming, which has me eating a bottle of No-Doz to get through. Seems long gone are the days where fans would watch any wrestling that came on TV and not put so much into analyzing it and worry so much about ratings. Sign of the times I guess.

Reaction score
TNA is boring as fuck, same thing every week. Theres about 3 people cutting a promo in the ring, then out of nowhere 10 other guys pop in and start brawling or a match is interfered which results in a big brawl.

Reaction score
Hogan cuts a promo talking about stepping aside and letting young guys run with the ball.

You mean the same promo he has been doing since January? I'm begging for him to say "rocket fuel" again.

TheAnswer, what house show was Hulk Hogan on?

And the issue of who is and isn't over in TNA is mind boggling to me as they play to same televised crowd. Do the same guys get the same reaction every week if TNA were to put Impact on the road?

TheAnswer

Reaction score
Alright I didn't want this to be hate filled TNA topic.

For everyone bashing the ECW PPV I don't blame you. I didn't like the angle one bit but if your trying to sell PPVs and clearly the product you have put out is not selling more than 8 thousand or so buys, why not try to make a quick buck out of ECW? Really whats their to lose?

I'm not sure what house show Hogan was at but I guess he was scheduled to appear, not sure for sure though because I was not there.

I would like Impact to be on the road too, but they clearly aren't making enough money to do that, at least there going on the road for house shows and some PPVs.

About Daniels I know hes released, thus why I said "should" and I do have a lot of faith that hes going to get resigned sooner than later.

I really don't get why people are hating TNA because they have Impact like a PPV? Whats wrong with putting out your best product everyweek? I don't like that theres gimmick matches every week espicially for Beer Money/MCMG but championship matches are fine? Who really cares that the TV Championship and Tag Championships are on the line? Adds something to the show and match.

I know TNA has problems but they are fixing them and TNA is better than what they were a few years ago.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Once you hear a comment like this from Bonez you know TNA is in the shitter

This ECW ppv is the main thing that's pissing me off with them. They are building other feuds and wrestlers at the same time as they are building up this ECW ppv. I actually have high hopes after this ppv is over. Right now they are pretty much building two different promotions at the same time, after the ppv, if the focus is all back on TNA, it should be great. I really want to see this Impact that's suppose to be ppv quality. I'd be great if it were 3 hrs but I don't see that happening.

Double J

Reaction score
Although I'm not thrilled about the ECW Invasion, the fans go nuts for them in the Impact Zone and the ratings haven't declined because of them so hopefully it ends quickly and they help attract a new audience.

I like TNA more than WWE right now but I hate the TNA iMpact Zone fans, they're idiots that cheer for anything that's thrown at them. "Yeeaaah we're all Ass-Holes OOOHHHH!!" Then Thursday night the "Uncle Scotty" chant. I swear someone could walk in the ring and say the most dumbest thing in the world but with enough excitement and the crowd will repeat or cheer it.

Hogan cuts a promo talking about stepping aside and letting young guys run with the ball. This was during a 15 minute promo/beat down segment also involving Kevin Nash, Jeff Jarrett and Sting. Also they're devoting an entire payperview to a bunch of past their prime has beens and never weres.

I was thinking the same thing during this segment and then "Wolfpak" Sting comes out to help Nash and I'm thinking "Oh yes, they are really stepping aside."

I like the ranking system as well.

I liked the ranking system at first until I really started thinking about it. Really nothing has changed with "who's on top". When Pope goes from #2 to #8 or #7 whatever he is then something is jacked up. AJ goes from #1 to #6. Hardy and Anderson are #2 and #3 and yet they haven't really done much. Hell Anderson is in the same program with Pope and Morgan and yet he's 4 or 5 spots above them. And I think this also shows how random their ranking system is, I just went to their site to see the ranking and it's no where to be found. The Ranking system is a good idea IF the standings made sense.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
I think the impact zone fans are just a bunch of people who get drunk in Universal Studios and have nothing else better to