TNA iMPACT - 2009

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Axis

I'm about to start a BTB at another forum, so I figured I'd post it here too and read some other shows on this forum. I DO want to credit a poster named Simon (username Big Tuna) at a site called BQ (I'm not posting what that stands for or a link to the site) for a lot of inspiration in booking-style and formatting and stuff. If you happen to post at the forum I'm talking about, my name over there is Exponent. You can PM me just to make sure I'm not ripping. Now that we have that out of the way, let's get to it.

I'm going to start with TNA Genesis, and it will be real time. So I'll post the first show on January 11 and then I'll post Impact the following Thursday, and so on. Pretty simple. I'm going to try to make the genesis card as close to what it actually is, but I'm not making any promises. I will say that I won't make any major changes though.

Roster

Main Event
AJ Styles
Kurt Angle
Rob Van Dam
Samoa Joe

Upper Midcard
Abyss
Booker T
Christopher Daniels
Eric Young
Kevin Nash
Robert Roode
Tyson Tomko

Midcard
Frankie Kazarian
James Storm
Matt Morgan
Raven
Rhino

Lower Card/Jobbers
Amazing Red
Chad Collyer
Dave Taylor
Davey Richards
Elijah Burke
Kenny King
Lance Hoyt
Ricky Steamboat Jr
Scott Lost
Sean Morley
Seth Delay
Shane Sewell
Shark Boy
TJ Perkins
Wahoo McDaniel Jr

Upper Card X-Division
Alex Shelley
Chris Sabin
Doug Williams
Homicide
Jay Lethal
Low Ki
Petey Williams
Volador

Lower Card X-Division
Alex Koslov
Brutus Magnus
Consequences Creed
Jimmy Jacobs
Jimmy Rave
Kiyoshi
Patrick Schulz
Sheik Abdul Bashir
Sonjay Dutt
Tyson Dux

Knockouts
Angelina Love
Christie Hemme
Daffney
Daisy Haze
Hamada
Madison Rayne
ODB
Raisha Saeed
Rhaka Khan
Roxxi Laveaux
Sarita
Sojourner Bolt
Taylor Wilde
Velvet Sky

Tag Teams
America’s Most Wanted [Storm/Harris]
Los Infernales [Mephisto/Averno]
The Enlightened [Kaz/Rave[
2 Crazy Negroes [Lethal/Creed]
Tomko/Rhino
Team Canada [Young/P. Williams]
The Redcoats [D. Williams/Taylor]
The James Gang [BG James/Kip James]
Elijah Burke/Davey Richards
Jihad [Dutt/Bashir]

Inactive
Christian Cage
Sabu
Sting
Shawn Hernandez
Awesome Kong

Stables

Planet Jarrett: Jeff Jarrett, Kurt Angle, Kevin Nash, Sean Waltman, Robert Roode, and the James Gang

Saeed-Tourage: Raisha Saeed, Rhaka Khan, Sojourner Bolt

The Beautiful People: Angelina Love, Velvet Sky, and Taylor Wilde

The Axis Powers: Kiyoshi, Alex Koslov, Patrick Schulz, and Brutus Magnus

Other workers
TNA President: Dixie Carter
TNA Founder: Jeff Jarrett
General Manager: Mick Foley
iMPACT Commentary: Mike Tenay, Don West, and Jim Cornette
Xplosion Commentary: Marc Letzman (aka Excalibur) and Kevin Nash
Backstage interviewer: Lauren Thompson
Ring announcer: Jeremy Borash
Main Event Mafia valet: Sharmell T
Random heel valet: SoCal Val
Random face valet: Traci Brooks

Current Champions
TNA World Champion: AJ Styles
X-Division Champion: Low Ki
TNA Tag Team Champions: America's Most Wanted
Knockouts Champion: Daisy Haze

Television Schedule:
iMPACT - Thursdays on Spike TV (TNA's flagship program)
Xplosion - Saturdays on Spike TV (Features lower card wrestlers and some part-time contracted indy workers)

I think that covers it. I'm going to post some internet notes in a bit to give some insight into where I'm headed.

The Anigma

Reaction score
I don't recall you having a BTB here previously so...Welcome!

There's not a lot of say about this right now. It's basically TNA as it is on television. However, I notice Frontline doesn't have neither Team 3D nor Rhino which is a good think in my opinion.

I think it might be tough to keep a schedule with all the writing that goes with a BTB but hopefully you can keep up with the schedule.

Well, with that being said good luck and I'll be checking back.

Axis

Internet Rumors
- Currently, TNA is actually toying with the idea of scrapping the women's division. It is not that they don't believe it is beneficial. Rather, higher-ups are unsure as to what the future may hold for it. Nothing is confirmed, however it is on the table.
- Sting's future is in question, not with the company, but with wrestling in general. He is obviously getting older and Sting himself may believe it is time to hang up the boots. We can certainly say that Sting won't be wrestling very often on free TV.
- The long-range plan for TNA is to create a solid midcard in the company, so that there can be legitimate non-title feuds that aren't involved in the MEM/Frontline program.
- There has been an executive order for Mike Tenay and Don West to cease talking over promos.
- TNA now realizes that the "Frontline" is a stupid name, and they will be changing it as soon as possible.
- The Main Event Mafia vs Frontline angle is still slated to be the overarching storyline for 2009. There is actually already one person who is reportedly in talks with TNA, via Kevin Nash, in coming aboard to play a role. We don't have word on who the individual is, but it is likely that if it were to happen, then the roster would have to be slimmed down further in order to make room in the budget.

The Rated R CMStar

I have seen you running around the wrestling discussions thread and you certainly have original point of views, so I am interested on watching were you take this BTB and what do you with it.

Axis

TNA Genesis
Bojangles’ Coliseum
Charlotte, North Carolina
January 11, 2009

Pre-Show:
Latin American eXchange beat Los Infernales (Averno and Mestipho)
Daisy Haze beats Soujourner Bolt

Mike Tenay and Don West welcome the fans to Genesis live from Charlotte, NC. They run down the card, which leads to a short video package outlining the tournament held on the past few Impacts to determine the new X-Division Champion.

Match 1: Chris Sabin vs Alex Shelley [X-Division Championship]
Starts out with some chain wrestling, with neither man gaining a real advantage. That changes when Shelley pokes an eye to mount an offensive. Sabin gets back into it with a rake to the back. The two guys go back and forth in gaining a lead using underhanded tactics. After a missed springboard moonsault, Sabin connects with a superkick, but it only gets him a two count. Sabin delivers chops and knees galore, but a missed top-rope leg drop gives Shelley an out. Shelly gets Sabin up for the Shellshock but Sabin gets out of it. Sabin gets Shelley up for the Cradle Shock, but Shelley gets out. Shelley tries a Sliced Bread #2, but Sabin avoids it. Sabin attempts a Future Shock, but Shelley floats over and rolls him up, using the ropes for leverage to get the win.
Winner via pinfall, and new X-Division Champion: Alex Shelley! (17:32)

Shelley helps Sabin up and then points to the ropes he used to help him and laughs. Sabin looks pissed off at first, but eventually smiles about it too. Sabin holds up Shelley’s arm as Shelley holds up his new championship belt.

Backstage with Lauren, James Storm is irate about losing the tag team titles. He says he’s using his rematch clause TONIGHT, even though Robert Roode is still out due to the knee injury he took on Impact. He tells Jay Lethal specifically that he thinks he found a tag team partner that will suffice.

Match 2: Sheik Abdul Bashir vs Shane Sewell
Bashir is a douche bag, which is all we really need to know here. At one point, he got too arrogant and Sewell got back into it, though. He hits some nice suplexes and then tops it off with a float-over reverse DDT, but he only gets a two count. Sewell tries a top rope move, but Bashir crotches him. He then hits the WMD and a Tiger Bomb, which Mike Tenay calls the Suicide Bomb, for the win.
Winner via pinfall: Sheik Abdul Bashir (7:12)

The Main Event Mafia is backstage and Kevin Nash tells Sting that he better be sure to take out Rhino. Sting says that Rhino is not a danger at all, and it’s those guys who need to be prepared for a fight.

James Storm with Jackie Moore comes out and announces that his tag team partner is Charlotte’s own…RIC FLAIR~! The crowd goes insane and Storm laughs at them because they actually believed that Flair would come to TNA for a tag match against two crazy Negroes. He says that really, he just got Sonjay Dutt.

Match 3: Two Crazy Negroes (Lethal & Creed) [c] vs James Storm and Sonjay Dutt w/ Jackie Moore and SoCal Val [TNA Tag Team Championships]
Tenay mentions that Robert Roode actually requires minor knee surgery, and so he'll be out for an indefinite period of time. Storm and Creed start things off, with Storm using his power to gain his advantage. He tags in Sonjay and Lethal DEMANDS to be let in, so Creed obliges. Lethal runs full speed at Sonjay, but Sonjay lifts up a knee and busts Lethal in the face. Sonjay and Storm work over Lethal for a while, and every time Lethal starts to get back into the match, he runs after Dutt and ignores the fact that he can make a tag. This allows Storm and Dutt to keep Lethal isolated for quite some time. When Lethal counters Storm’s powerbomb into a hurricarana, he tries to make the tag, but SoCal Val provides a distraction on the referee. Lethal makes the tag, but the ref doesn’t see it so he forces Creed back out of the ring. Storm pulls Lethal back over to his corner and he and Sonjay beat him down some more. Storm puts Lethal in position for the Death Sentence and tells Sonjay to go up top for the leg drop. Sonjay instead tries a 450 splash, but it completely misses Lethal. Storm screams at Dutt, allowing Lethal to make the hot tag to Creed! Creed takes on both Storm and Dutt, catching them with punches and dropkicks. Creed begins to celebrate and Storm comes in and tries for the sneaky superkick, but Lethal tackles him to the outside before he can connect. Dutt sneaks up from behind and tries the Sonjay Cutter, but Creed spins through it and hits the Creed-DT for the 1,2,3.
Winners via pinfall, and still TNA Tag Team Champions: Jay Lethal and Consequences Creed (15:45)

Abyss and Matt Morgan are backstage and say they were screwed out of their tag title shot tonight due to the Two Crazy Negroes cashing in their title shot on Impact. They say that they will be looking to prove they deserve a title shot once more as soon as possible.

Backstage, Samoa Joe is pumping up his fellow Frontline members and he tells them to go out there and put them in the grave along with the company they killed.

Match 4: Mick Foley, AJ Styles, and Brother Devon vs Booker T, Kevin Nash, and Scott Steiner
Brother Devon volunteers to start things off, and so the Mafia opts to send Steiner in to counteract his strength. Both big guys power each other around the ring, with Devon trying to work on Steiner’s arm for no other reason than that’s what everybody else does. He wrings the arm out and tags in AJ, who springboards over and elbows Steiner’s limb. Styles wrings Steiner’s arm again, but Steiner clobbers him with a lariat coming from the other side. He drags Styles over to his corner and the three Mafia members take turns raping the young country boy. Styles gains control in a sick spot where Nash is on all fours in the ring and Booker is coming in; Styles leaps off of Nash’s back and dropkicks Booker T, who flies back and knocks Steiner off the apron. With all three men down, Styles crawls over and makes the hot tag to Mick Foley. The crowd goes wild as Foley delivers punches to all three opponents. He hits the usual return spots and tops it off with a double arm DDT, but Booker comes in to break up the count. Styles springboards into the ring and delivers a flying elbow to Booker, knocking him right back out. In the hubbub, Foley tags in Devon who hits an incredible vertical suplex on big Kevin Nash. He covers, but the ref is still busy trying to restore order. When he finally does, he starts the count, but it only gets two. Sharmell jumps up onto the apron to provide a distraction, allowing Nash to hit a low blow on Brother Devon out of nowhere. Nash then crawls over and tags in Scott Steiner, who works over Devon’s back. The three men then take turns on Devon, all targeting his back. Steiner gets in once more and locks in the Steiner Recliner. Devon looks to be about to tap, but Samoa Joe comes down and cheers him on toward the ropes. Devon eventually grabs the rope and forces the break. Steiner tags in Nash who throws Devon into the corner. He charges at him, but Devon avoids it. The Dudley Brother then sets Big Sexy up on the turnbuckle and hits a HUGE superplex!! The ring wobbles around to the weight of both men while Don West goes CRAZY~! The two men slowly get to their sides, Nash tags in Booker T and Devon tags in Styles. Booker tries a spinning kick, but Styles ducks under it and then connects with the Pele. Steiner runs in, but Foley intercepts him with several punches, a BANG! BANG!, and then a trip over the top rope. Nash comes in and runs at Foley, but Foley ducks and Devon catches up with a 3D!! Well, Brother Ray isn’t there, so it was just a flapjack. But Don West is still going CRAZY~! Foley pulls out Mr. Socko and the crowd is going nuts. He shoves it down Booker T’s throat as AJ climbs up the turnbuckle. Foley releases his hold and Styles leaps off with the Spiral Tap…1…2…3!
Winners via pinfall: Mick Foley, AJ Styles, and Brother Devon (18:53)

Sting and Kurt Angle are backstage watching the show on the television. They agree that they both have to go out and bring home some triumph for the Main Event Mafia, since nobody else seems to be able to.

Match 5: Awesome Kong[c] vs Christie Hemme [TNA Knockouts Championship]
Christie Hemme tries to use her speed to outmaneuver Awesome Kong, but Kong’s strength is too much for the diva-turned-knockout. Hemme gets a few flashy moves in and tries for a top rope crossbody, but Kong catches her in mid-air and throws her across the ring. Then it’s the Awesome Bomb for the win.
Winner via pinfall, and still TNA Knockouts Champion: Awesome Kong (6:14)

Jeremy Borash comes out and does the usual introduction to a TNA Championship match.

Match 6: Sting[c] vs Rhino [TNA World Championship]
Rhino is REALLY aggressive up front, really trying to prove himself to the younger guys. He gets a bit too rash, however, allowing Sting to try to wear him down. Rhino keeps trying to get back into it, but Sting works the rest holds beautifully. The crowd chants boring, but Sting retorts that he’s not here to entertain them; he’s here to retain his championship. Rhino finally throws Sting to the outside and finds his element while brawling on the floor below. Rhino catches Sting with a belly to belly on the outside and then rolls him back in the ring. He follows him in and attempts a Gore, but Sting leaps over it and Rhino crashes into the middle turnbuckle. Sting tries for a Stinger Splash, but Rhino moves out of the way. Sting turns around and Rhino hits the Gore!! He covers … ONE, TWO – No! Sting gets his foot on the bottom rope and the match continues. Rhino signals for the Rhino Driver, but Sting bails out of the ring. Rhino follows him out and beats him down on the outside a bit. Sting gains advantage with a drop toehold into the ring steps. He throws Rhino back into the ring and wears him down a bit more, again angering the crowd. Rhino again fights back into it, though this time he is visibly more tired. He catches Sting with a spinebuster and goes up to the top rope. He leaps off for a flying shoulder block, but Sting dodges it. Sting watches as Rhino slowly gets up and then hits the Scorpion Death Drop. He makes the cover … 1 … 2 … Sting lifts Rhino’s shoulder up off the mat and smirks. He then locks in the Scorpion Death Lock and forces Rhino but to tap out.
Winner via submission, and still TNA World Champion: Sting (19:13)

A hype video plays, outlining the Angle/Jarrett feud going all the way back to before Bound For Glory. They really push the fact that Angle is fighting for himself, whereas Jarrett is fighting for TNA.

Match 7: Jeff Jarrett vs Kurt Angle
Angle looks very eager to get his hands on Jarrett, but he’s careful not to rush into things too quickly. Angle instinctively goes to the mat and makes Jarrett look like a little bitch, but Jarrett is not discouraged. At one point, Jarrett even catches Angle with a double leg takedown, but Angle quickly gets right back in control. He begins to work on Jarrett’s leg, which visibly frustrates the TNA Founder. Once he grapevines Jarrett’s leg, he begins to specifically target the ankle, so Jarrett reaches for the ropes. The ref forces Angle off of Jarrett, allowing him to get some blood flowing back in his leg. Jarrett surprises Angle with a dropkick sequence similar to that of AJ Styles, allowing him to get back into the matchup. From there, the two go back and forth with the advantage, with each man throwing out some relatively high-impact moves, typical of US mainstream wrestling. Angle tries for the Olympic Slam, but Jarrett floats over and whips Angle against the ropes. Angle comes bouncing back and Jarrett connects with the POUNCE~! Jarrett covers, but gets a long two-count. Tenay ingeniously credits the move to Monty Brown, an important member of the TNA roster in the early days. Angle fights back and again tries for the Olympic Slam, but this time Jarrett floats over and catches Angle by surprise with an EVENFLOW DDT~! Jarrett covers again … 1 … 2 … Angle BARELY gets a shoulder up. This time Don West gets the Daily Double and mentions that Raven used that move frequently to end matches during his TNA career. Jarrett looks at the turnbuckle and gets a crazed look in his eye. He faces the corner and leaps up to the first turnbuckle, then the second, then he hops to the third, but before he can make a move, Angle runs up to the top and throws Jarrett backward with a Super German Suplex. Angle struggles to get to Jarrett, but he finally drapes an arm across … ONE, TWO, THR – NO! Jarrett somehow gets his shoulder up! Both men are slow to their feet, but Angle is up first. He tries for a third Olympic Slam, but Jarrett floats over again. This time Jarrett pulls Angle’s leg out from under him and locks in an Ankle Lock. Don West comments that Jarrett is stealing Angle’s finisher, but Tenay points out that the Ankle Lock is also the finisher of the first ever TNA Champion, Ken Shamrock. Angle struggles to get to the ropes, as Jarrett pulls him back to the center of the ring every time he gets close. Instead Angle tucks in and rolls under Jarrett and gets Jarrett in an Ankle Lock of his own! Jarrett is writhing around in pain in the ring. He starts to move towards the bottom rope, but Angle grapevines his leg to keep in stationary. Jarrett rolls onto his back, sure not to keep his shoulders down, and musters up the strength to loosen Angle’s hold. Jarrett then stands up to his feet, spins around with Angle’s leg, and gets a Figure-Four Leglock in! The Charlotte crowd goes apeshit with WOOOOOs. Angle is in the middle of the ring so his chances of reaching the ropes are thin. Instead he turns Jarrett over, shifting the torque in the opposite direction. Jarrett lets go of the hold and both men slowly return back up. After going back and forth block each other’s finishers, Angle finally pulls out an Olympic Slam … ONE, TWO, THRE – NO!!! JARRETT KICKS OUT!!!! Angle is irate as he argues with the ref. With Angle distracted, Jarrett rolls him up from behind … 1 … 2 … ANGLE GETS A SHOULDER UP, and the match continues. Angle rises to his feet, but stands very groggy in the ring. Jarrett gets up and attempts another Stroke, but all of a sudden, Angle spins out of it and takes Jarrett down from behind, revealing to have been playing possum there. Angle locks in the Ankle Lock and fights to keep Jarrett in the middle of the ring. With no other options, Jarrett taps out.
Winner via submission: Kurt Angle (23:13)

Kurt celebrates in the ring as the Frontline comes down to help Jarrett out of the ring. The Main Event Mafia comes down the ramp and celebrates with Kurt, taunting the Frontline to end the show.

Axis

TNA iMPACT
iMPACT Zone
Orlando, Florida
January 15, 2009

A video outlining the results of TNA Genesis plays, along with a cheap plug to order the replays playing on PPV all this week. Tenay sends us to the ring where, of all people, Hernandez is.

Hernandez says that next month TNA is going to his home city of Houston, Texas for the Against All Odds pay-per-view. He says it’s going to be a special night for him because he’s going to perform in front of his friends and family, and his match is going to be for the TNA Championship, because he’s cashing in his number one contendership that he gained in the Feast or Fired match to Sting’s belt.

-Commercial break-

Jim Cornette and Mick Foley are backstage in Foley’s office. Cornette tells Foley that he’s done a great job the past couple of months taking lead, and so he’s packing up and heading out. He says TNA has given him a bigger headache than he could ever imagine. Mick Foley offers him a spot at the commentary booth, and Jim Cornette says that Don West would give him an even bigger headache. Foley says that it’s fun to watch grown autistic men every once in a while, which Cornette cannot argue with that. Cornette agrees to take to the commentary booth, starting next week.

A hype video airs about Kiyoshi, going over his career both in the US and abroad. It specifically describes him as the protégé of the Japanese wrestling legend the Great Muta.

Match 1: Consequences Creed w/Jay Lethal vs Kiyoshi
This gets a surprising amount of time, considering it is a thrown-together match. It’s fairly back-and-forth and serves to exhibit both men’s offenses. About midway into the match, Kiyoshi begins to resort to some underhanded tactics and toys around with Consequences Creed. Creed feels the Malcolm X within him, though, and fights back. He tops it off with the Creed-DT for the win.
Winner via pinfall: Consequences Creed (13:26)

Backstage, the cameraman finds Sheik Abdul Bashir adding Chlorine to some sort of combination of pagers, batteries, and a washing machine timer. Sonjay Dutt approaches him and says that he and James Storm sucked as a tag team, and so he wants to join forces with Bashir. Bashir agrees on the basis that they are both from the Middle East. Sonjay begins to object, but instead just smiles and helps Bashir with his project.

-Commercial break-

Backstage, Mick Foley tells Abyss and Matt Morgan that he has signed two new guys to TNA contracts, and that they will be tag teaming tonight against them. If they want to prove that they deserve a tag team title shot, winning their match later tonight would be a good start.

Match 2: Motor City Machineguns vs Rock N Rave Connections
Jimmy Rave and Alex Shelley start things off and it’s hot stuff. Lots of high-flying action, with Sabin getting involved at points. Rave gets pissed at not being able to get the win, so he tags in Lance Rock, who uses his power to throw around the smaller guys. He turns Sabin inside out with a big boot, but it only gets him two. Rock tries for a chokeslam, but Sabin counters it into a DDT and makes the hot tag to Alex Shelley. Shelley runs in and hits Rock with a flurry of knees and chops. The Guns hit the ASCS Rush on Rock and get the one, two, three.
Winners via pinfall: Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin, the Motor City Machineguns (10:52)

Shelley and Sabin get on the stick and say that they’re ready to turn their attention to the tag team titles. Shelley mentions that he would love to be a double champion.

-Commercial break-

Lauren asks James Storm about the tag title match at Genesis, and all Storm says is that he’s going to find himself a new tag team partner and take those belts back.

The Main Even Mafia is backstage in their locker room and Sting is pacing back and forth. Nash, Steiner, and Booker T look pissed, while Angle is rather pleased. Sting tells the losing three that they need to step up their games. Jeremy Borash comes in and tells them that Foley has an announcement later tonight regarding Against All Odds, and they may want to be listening. Sting says that, for their sake, they’d better hope it’s a chance at redemption.

-Commercial break-

Match 3: Knockouts Battle Royale [Number One Contender to the Knockouts Championship]
Roxxi Laveaux vs Christie Hemme vs Velvet Sky vs Angelina Love vs Taylor Wilde vs Sojourner Bolt vs Rhaka Khan vs ODB vs Jackie Moore vs Daisy Haze
Awesome Kong and Raisha Saeed come out to watch this one. The Beautiful People work together to take out ODB and Daisy Haze. They target Christie Hemme next, but Roxxi comes to her aid and eliminates Velvet Sky in the process. After a slap from Jackie Moore, Rhaka Khan goes into a rage and eliminates Moore, Bolt, and Hemme. Angelina whispers to Khan and they stand together to take out the other two. Roxxi and Wilde then nod to each other and agree to team up. After neither side gains a deciding advantage, Rhaka gets pissed and throws Angelina Love out. While Love screams at her on he outside, Roxxi and Wilde run up and throw her over as well. In the ending stretch, Roxxi uses her power while Wilde uses her speed. When Wilde tries for a hurricarana, Roxxi catches her and powerbombs her to the outside of the ring, earning the win.
Winner, and number one contender to the Knockouts Championship: Roxxi Laveaux (8:12)

After the match, Awesome Kong and Roxxi have a stare-off, but no punches are thrown.

-Commercial break-

Backstage AJ Styles and Samoa Joe reluctantly enter Rhino’s locker room. They sincerely thank him for trying to stick up for them at Genesis, but they really need to do this on their own. Rhino pleads for another chance, but they don’t give in. Joe says they’re looking to defend TNA with young, talented workers and pats Rhino on the back. The two leave a very pissed off Rhino alone.

Match 4: Abyss and Matt Morgan vs Doug Williams and Dave Taylor
The British duo brings a lot of intensity to the two bigger men, but the power of the two monsters is too much. A Black Hole Slam and a Hellevator put an end to it all.
Winners via pinfall: Abyss and Matt Morgan (5:34)

James Storm asks Shark Boy if he will be his tag team partner, but he declines.

-Commercial break-

Homicide is backstage with Hernandez talking about the title match at Against All Odds. Homicide asks if he’s sure he’s ready, and Hernandez answers that he’s never been more ready in his entire career.

Mick Foley makes his way out to the Impact Zone to give his announcement. He says that he has already signed Sting vs Hernandez at Against All Odds, but that leaves the rest of the Mafia and the Frontline out of a match, so he has decided to do something about that. He has put together an eight-man elimination match for the Pay Per View. It will be the Scott Steiner, Kevin Nash, Booker T, and Kurt Angle of the Main Event Mafia versus AJ Styles and Samoa Joe along with two partners of their choosing. They can choose Foley and Devon again, or they can pick two other guys in the Frontline, it is up to them. The Mafia comes out and asks what’s in it for them, and Foley gets a grin on his face. He says that, as things stand, he does not have a main event in mind for the NEXT pay-per-view of Destination X. So, here’s the deal. Whoever is left standing on the winning team will receive a TNA Championship title shot at Destination X. If an entire team survives, then it will be a five-man match. If only two guys survive, it will be a Triple Threat. No matter what, whoever is left standing will be in a title match with the TNA Champion, be it Sting or Hernandez. Oh, and speaking of main events, I need one for tonight. So, Scott Steiner and Booker T go backstage and throw on some tights, because you two are facing AJ Styles and Samoa Joe next.

-Commercial break-

Match 5: Scott Steiner & Booker T [MEM] vs AJ Styles and Samoa Joe [Frontline]
Formulaic tag team match, though it is interesting to note that Scott Steiner and Booker T have a very solid amount of tag team chemistry. The Mafia resorts to cheap tactics, allowing them to specifically isolate Styles. AJ is more wary of it this time compared to at Genesis however, and he makes the tag to Samoa Joe sooner. Joe cleans house and gets Booker up for the Muscle Buster, but he sees the rest of the Mafia come down to the ring and lets Booker go. He mouths off to the Mafia, allowing Booker to roll him up from behind but only for a nearfall. The Frontline comes down too in order to even the numbers on the outside. The match continues going back and forth until Joe gets Steiner in the Coquina Clutch. Booker enters the ring to break it up, but Styles dropkicks him out. Steiner is about to tap when Sting rushes into the ring. Eric Young leads the Frontline into the ring as well and a huge brawl breaks out. When Joe, AJ, Booker, and Steiner join in on the brawl, the ref calls for the bell.
Result: No Contest due to interference (16:12)

Impact goes off with the Frontline and the Main Event Mafia brawling inside and out of the ring.

Against All Odds (February 8, 2009)

TNA World Championship
Sting[c] vs Hernandez

Elimination Tag Team Match
AJ Styles/Samoa Joe/?/? vs Kurt Angle/Kevin Nash/Booker T/Scott Steiner

TNA Knockouts Championship
Awesome Kong[c] vs Roxxi Laveaux

connorten

Reaction score
Very promising fed and a very good first show. I think that this will go good keep up the good work. Check out HIWS: High Impact Wrestling Society, first show is posted.

Qwake

Pretty good show imo. Everything you have done thus far has been good with all the booking choices, getting Cornette out of the General Manager sort of role and putting him on Commentary was a good decision. This show compared to the one that actually aired this past Thursday was much better, you didn't have Hernandez use and waste his title shot, you had nicely timed matches with who I felt the right peoples winning and are making good pushes for certain superstars. While you had the nicely timed matches you were still able to have some good backstage segments which helped get things over easier and lol at Storm asking Sharkboy to team with him. I am really liking this BTB atm and the already signed PPV matches look to be good, Hernandez would make a great champ but even if sting retained it would make him look good, Roxxi finally gets a Knockout title shot and the 8-man tag looks set up well. Great stuff and ill check this out more often.

Axis

wtf? I'm 95% sure I posted this yesterday. Gay. Here it is...

TNA iMPACT
iMPACT Zone
Orlando, Florida
January 22, 2009

Mike Tenay, Don West, and the recently added Jim Cornette welcome us to Impact and say that we are in for a great night.

Sting opens the show by himself in the ring (Note: he doesn’t have face paint on. He only wears paint during matches now). He runs down Hernandez and portrays him as somebody who is not at all a threat. He says that over the next few weeks, leading up to Against All Odds, Hernandez will be in matches against fellow Mafia members, and MAYBE if he picks up some victories, people will see him as a legitimate threat.

-Commercial break-

Backstage, Rhino approaches Eric Young and asks him to try and convince Joe and AJ to let him back into the Frontline. He says that at Against All Odds, he would be a great pick in the eight-man survivors match. Eric refuses, and says that he agrees with his fellow Frontline members that this job needs to be accomplished by the younger, more talented guys.

Foley tells Abyss and Morgan that they did well last week, but they need to win again if they even want to be considered as contenders to the TNA tag team championships. They have a match against the Rock N Rave Connection after the break.

-Commercial break-

Match 1: Rock N Rave Connection vs Abyss and Matt Morgan
This match is interesting, because the heels really never have much success in isolating a face. Instead, Rock N Rave work the match so that Rave busts out a lot of high-risk arsenal, then Rock comes in and hits a high-impact move for a pin attempt. The tide shifts once Abyss fights out of a powerbomb attempt from Rock and hits an impressive chokeslam on him. Morgan and Rave both get tagged in. They run at each other and Morgan tries for his running big boot, but Rave ducks under it and rolls him up from behind. With a handful of tights, Rave gets the semi-upset pin on Morgan.
Winners via pinfall: Lance Rock and Jimmy Rave, the Rock N Rave Connection (9:32)

Morgan tells the ref that Rave was holding the tights, but the official result stands.

Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin approach Jay Lethal and Consequences Creed backstage. Shelley says he has a deal that Lethal may be interested. If Lethal and Creed give the Guns a tag team title shot, then he will give Lethal an X-Division title match. Despite Creed’s lack of enthusiasm for the deal, Lethal agrees and so Creed accepts as well. The Motor City Machineguns smile and say that the four of them should go and talk to Foley about the deal.

Bashir and Dutt are backstage looking at blueprints of what looks to be the Capital building. When they spot the cameraman, they pack up the blueprints up and quickly walk away.

-Commercial break-

The Motor City Machineguns and the Two Crazy Negroes walk out of Mick Foley’s office smiling as Jeff Jarrett walks in. Foley welcomes him back and Jeff says that he’s just here to say that he thinks he’s going to take some time off. He wants to be with his family and when he does return to work, he wants to go back to being behind a desk for the company. Just then, Joe and AJ walk in and tell Foley and Jarrett that they have found the third member of their four-person team, and he’s here tonight.

Match 2: Doug Williams w/Dave Taylor vs Shark Boy
Williams is really stiff with the knees, especially considering he is wrestling a shark. Shark Boy tries a Stone Cold Stunner, but Williams pushes him away, into the turnbuckle, setting him up perfectly for the Chaos Theory. It’s hit, and it’s over.
Winner via pinfall: Doug Williams (5:13)

Backstage, James Storm asks Kiyoshi if he will be his tag team partner, but Kiyoshi does not understand.

-Commercial break-

A video airs highlighting the international achievements of Jonny Harlow, Volador, Averno, and Mestipho.

Match 3: Jonny Harlow and Volador vs Los Infernales [Averno and Mestipho]
Lots of fun, high-flying action with everybody but Jonny Harlow pumping up the crowd. We finally see a story told in the ring when Harlow comes in and destroys Mestipho with a powerbomb. Harlow and Volador work over the young Lucha, specifically working over his neck. Averno repeatedly tries to get tagged in, but Harlow and Volador work to cut him off. Finally Mestipho makes the hot tag and the pace picks up again. They all trade finishing maneuvers, with Averno finally getting his half nelson backbreaker for the win.
Winners via pinfall: Los Infernales (9:24)

-Commercial break-

Christie Hemme congratulates Roxxi on being number one contender. Roxxi thanks her and says that next week she’s got a match against The Beautiful People, and she’s sure that Awesome Kong will be watching, so she needs some backup. Hemme agrees to be her partner, and says she’s sure that Taylor Wilde would be willing to come out to support them.

The Main Event Mafia discusses the match at Against All Odds, and who the other two members of Joe and AJ’s team could be. They also talk about Sting’s title match, and on the topic of titles, Nash asks what the hell is with Booker’s Legends Championship. Booker changes the subject and they all go back to talking about Against All Odds.

Backstage, Homicide and Hernandez are with Lauren. Hernandez talks about his match coming up with Scott Steiner and then Homicide says he has something to say too. At Against All Odds, he’s going to use HIS number one contender opportunity against Alex Shelley. And, at the end of the night, LAX is going to consist of the World AND X-Division champions.

-Commercial break-

Match 4: Hernandez vs Scott Steiner
Both men try to use strength to their advantage, but when neither man has much success, Hernandez uses his edge in the agility department to take control. Hernandez tries for a stiff lariat, but he takes out the referee instead. With the ref down, Steiner hits a low blow and then looks around for aid, but nobody comes so he starts to leave the ring himself. He grabs a steel chair and goes back in to bash Hernandez but PETEY WILLIAMS~ runs down and yanks the chair from him. Steiner gets the ‘wtf’ look wiped off his face by a brutal chairshot from Petey. Hernandez is back up and amazingly hits the Border Toss on Big Poppa Pump, just in time for the ref to make the count: one, two, three, and it’s over.
Winner via pinfall: Hernandez (11:12)

Petey Williams gets back in the ring and goes after Steiner some more until Steiner bails out. Joe and AJ come out and say that Petey Williams is the third member of their team at Against All Odds. Petey nods his head triumphantly as he watches his former mentor/hero stumble back up the entrance ramp and the show goes off air.

TNA World Championship
Sting[c] vs Hernandez

AJ Styles/Samoa Joe/Petey Williams/? vs Kurt Angle/Kevin Nash/Booker T/Scott Steiner

TNA Tag Team Championships
Two Crazy Negroes[c] vs Motor City Machineguns

TNA X-Division Championship
Alex Shelley[c] vs Homicide

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Well since I am doing the past version counter part of this kinda BTB, I suppose I owe you some feedbacks. lol.

Its kinda hard to do a best match/promo type of set up with the type of BTB your doing, so I will switch it up a bit and say my top 3 good, the bad, and the ugly.

The Good:
Hernandez getting a proper title shot and storyline.
Cornette being on the commentary team.
Sonjay Dutt & Bashir hilarity.

The Bad:
Generic sounding description to Sting promos how he calls everyone nothing.
James Storm tag team partner angle, seems like filler.
Matt Morgan & Abyss randomly losing to Rock N Rave Infection.

The Ugly:
Christy Hemme still being involved anywhere near the KO title.
Greater emphasis on the random international agents with TNA. lolwut?
Petey Williams being the third member, its gonna be tough making him sound like a convincing threat to the MEM.

Axis

Internet Rumors~!
-TNA is apparently in talks with several independent workers for their potential work in actual storylines and angles, including but not limited to: Icarus, Eddie Kingston, Drake Younger, Truth Martini and Jimmy Jacobs. There may be a few left out, and there may be some false leaks, but that's what we have right now.
-Part of TNA's wish to expand their roster with independent workers is the desire to open up better relationships with indy promotions and foreign companies. This can be explained by the influx of foreign workers as lower carders. However, some of such workers may have bright futures in TNA.
-On the same token, TNA is supposedly more open to the idea of their workers taking part in smaller promotions, in a show of diplomacy to indy promotions. Such names of TNA-contracted workers that have already mentioned time to spend at larger indy shows and even foreign tours include Homicide, the Motor City Machineguns, Jimmy Rave, Jay Lethal, and even Awesome Kong.

Anyway, ON TO THE SHOW~!~!

TNA iMPACT
iMPACT Zone
Orlando, Florida
January 29, 2009

Sting comes out again and says that it’s great Hernandez beat Scott Steiner, but he challenges him to win a match WITHOUT interference this week.

Tenay and Don West ramble like idiots about the opportunity that Hernandez has at Against All Odds, and how the odds may be against him tonight in his tag team match with Homicide against Kevin Nash and Booker T. Cornette tells them to stop with the puns.

Match 1: Lance Rock vs Abyss
Rock tries to overpower Abyss, but it’s futile. In an incredible feat of strength, Abyss lifts Rock up for the Shock Treatment, but Rock gouges the eyes and gets free, then continues to use underhanded tactics to stay in the lead. A sidewalk slam gives Abyss time to set up for the Black Hole Slam, and thus the win.
Winner via pinfall: Abyss (6:02)

After the match, Jimmy Rave runs out and chop blocks Abyss to take him down. The Rock N Rave Connection beat him down, but only until Matt Morgan runs down to clear them out.

-Commercial break-

The Main Event Mafia is in the locker room talking about who the fourth guy could be. Angle speculates that it is probably Eric Young, now that Petey Williams is a member. Steiner says, speaking of Petey, where the hell were they last week when the ref was knocked down during his match. Sting says the Main Event Mafia shouldn’t need help beating a glorified tag team wrestler.

Match 2: Roxxi Laveaux and Christie Hemme w/Taylor Wilde vs The Beautiful People w/Cute Kip
Awesome Kong and Raisha Saeed sit at ringside for this one, to watch the action. Velvet Sky and Angelina Love use their double team moves to stay in control for the large part. Finally Christie makes the hot tag to Roxxi, who rushes in to clean house. Roxxi lifts Angelina Love up for the Voodoo Drop, but Raisha Saeed climbs onto the apron to cause a distraction. Taylor Wilde quickly runs over and pulls Saeed off, allowing Laveaux to hit her finisher for the win.
Winners via pinfall: Roxxi Laveaux and Christie Hemme (6:12)

Awesome Kong stands up from her seat and she and Roxxi have a stare down once again.

James Storm heads out of the Impact Zone and into Universal Studios, where he asks Spider Man to be his tag team part. Spidey says no, but he can have a COOL FREE SPIDERMAN LUNCHBOX~! This exhilarates Storm, but then he realizes he still needs to find somebody to tag with him.

-Commercial break-

A hype video airs, going over Petey Williams’ history with TNA, his back-story with Scott Steiner, and his quest for revenge at Against All Odds.

Match 3: Team Canada [Eric Young and Petey Williams] vs Los Infernales [Averno and Mestipho]
The luchadores really utilize their speed nicely to gain an early lead. Mestipho in particular uses his high-flying moves well, but the teamwork of Young and Williams puts an end to that. Petey Williams signals for the Canadian Destroyer on Averno, but Averno rolls out of the ring and Mestipho enters. The referee pushes Mestipho back out, because he thinks he can just enter since his partner left (yes, as is customary in lucha libre matches of Mexico, thank you Mike Tenay). The momentary distraction allows Williams and Petey to hit a nice powerbomb/leg drop combination on Averno. Young tells Williams to pin him, but Williams has something else in mind. He picks up Averno and hits the CANADIAN DESTROYER~ as the crowd goes nuts. E.Y. runs over and knocks Mestipho off the apron to allow Petey to get the three count.
Winners via pinfall: Eric Young and Petey Williams, Team Canada (7:03)

Eric Young and Petey Williams have their feel-good celebration, until Rhino runs out and Gores the hell out of Eric Young. Rhino bails out of the ring before Petey can do anything and just shouts “YOU ALL NEED ME!â€

-Commercial Break-

Match 4: Two Crazy Negroes vs Sonjay Dutt and Sheik Abdul Bashir [Non-Title]
Lots of high-flying action from all participants, but Dutt and Bashir aim to ground Consequences Creed once they have him in their corner. Bashir tries for his Tiger Bomb (which Tenay identifies as the ‘Roadside Bomb’), but Creed twists out and hits a discus clothesline. He makes the hot tag to Lethal, who rushes in and connects with his Lethal Combination on Bashir. Creed runs across the ring and springboards into a dropkick on Dutt to knock him off the apron, allowing Lethal to hit the Flying Elbow on Bashir for the win.
Winners via pinfall: Jay Lethal and Consequences Creed, Two Crazy Negroes (7:02)

-Commercial Break-

Alex Shelley storms into Mick Foley’s office, pissed about Homicide challenging him for the X-Division Championship at Against All Odds. Foley says it was Shelley’s decision to cut a deal with Jay Lethal, and Homicide is allowed to challenge whenever and wherever he wants, so both matches are on.

Match 5: Latin American eXchange vs Kevin Nash and Booker T
Hernandez wants to start it off, and so Kevin Nash insists on showing this guy a thing or two. Right off the bat, Hernandez takes Nash down HARD with a lariat, so Nash bitches out and tags in Booker T. Booker tries to hang in with the big man, but Hernandez is too strong. After a big biel throw, Hernandez tags in Homicide. ‘Cide works over Booker’s neck, but a hook kick puts the Mafia takes back in control. They try to contain Homicide, but are surprised by the fortitude of the smaller guy. After a swinging neck breaker on Booker T, Homicide tags in Hernandez who cleans house with intensity. Hernandez throws Booker T out of the ring, then HITS A CRACKER JACK ON KEVIN NASH! Homicide sprints across the ring and takes Booker T out on the outside with a suicide dive. Without Booker T to break it up, Hernandez makes the cover and pins Nash.
Winners via pinfall: Homicide and Hernandez, the Latin American eXchange (14:48)

Samoa Joe is backstage on his Samoan-style bamboo cell phone and asks, “When are you going to be here?†The person responds, and Joe says, “Good, because AJ’s match is next.â€

-Commercial Break-

Match 6: AJ Styles w/Samoa Joe vs Scott Steiner w/Kurt Angle
The two try to out-wrestle each other using their amateur backgrounds. Shortly into the match, Angle trips up Styles, so Joe comes around the ring and tackles the gold medallist. The Frontline and the Mafia all run down to join in on the fight. Styles and Steiner also enter the fray, prompting the ref to call for the bell.
Result: No Contest (3:02)

Joe and Angle continue to brawl around on the outside, while Petey Williams targets Scott Steiner, who gets backup from Kevin Nash. Styles and Lethal gang up on Sting, but the TNA Champion’s size gives him a big advantage. The Mafia starts to gain and edge until CHRISTOPHER DANIELS~~~ runs down and slides into the ring. Running STO to Booker T! Snap suplex to Kurt Angle! A back heel kick to Steiner that sends him right into a Hurricarana from Petey Williams! Enzuigiri to Kevin Nash, sending him into a German suplex from Samoa Joe! Daniels gets Sting in position for the Angel’s Wings, but he rolls out and hurries up the ramp with his world’s title in hand. As the show fades out, Styles, Joe, Petey, and Daniels all raise their hands in the middle of the ring as the rest of the Frontline applauds the team that will represent them at Against All Odds.

TNA World Championship
Sting[c] vs Hernandez

AJ Styles/Samoa Joe/Petey Williams/Christopher Daniels vs Kurt Angle/Kevin Nash/Booker T/Scott Steiner

Rhino vs Eric Young

Abyss and Matt Morgan vs The Rock N Rave Connections

connorten

Reaction score
It's going good. A couple small kinks, but I'm sure they will be worked out as the fed moves on. Can't wait for against all odds it should be a good opening PPV event!

Quintastic One

Reaction score
The good:
Roxxi title shot against Awesome Kong
Christopher Daniels Returns

The Bad:
Face Team Canada is a no no
Lackluster main event really

The Ugly:
Eric Young aint moving for a week after that Gore
James Storm getting a Spidey Lunch Box *shudders*

Axis

TNA iMPACT
iMPACT Zone
Orlando, Florida
February 5, 2009

Sting starts the show again and says that Hernandez is still not a threat to a 13-time world champion like himself. He says that he’d be willing to bet that a piece of foreign scum like Hernandez wouldn’t be able to beat a 9-time world champion like Kurt Angle. But, he doesn’t bet, because it is against his morals. So, he challenges Hernandez to win a match WITHOUT interference and BY HIMSELF tonight.

-Commercial break-

Rhino cuts a backstage promo insisting that the Frontline needs him in order to succeed.

Match 1: Homicide vs Chris Sabin w/Alex Shelley
REALLY fun match. Sabin takes control early on after Shelley trips up Homicide from the outside. Sabin requests that Shelley not interfere, but proceeds to take advantage of the opportunity provided for him by his tag team partner. After a long stretch of control by Sabin, Homicide reverses a powerbomb into a face buster to turn the tide, and gets a nearfall for his efforts. It turns back into a struggle for control until Homicide pops him with an arched big boot. Three Amigos and a frog splash later, Homicide gets the win.
Winner via pinfall: Homicide (8:22)

Christopher Daniels is backstage and says that, come Against All Odds, he will have earned himself a TNA Championship match. And that’s not just a promise, it’s a prophecy.

-Commercial break-

Match 2: Matt Morgan w/Abyss vs Jimmy Rave w/Lance Rock
Morgan of course uses his size and power to throw around Jimmy Rave, but Rave proves to be the smarter (and more douche bag of a) man by continuously leaving the ring to regroup. When a failed big boot gets Morgan hung up on the rope, Rave tries to ware down the leg, but Morgan has little trouble fighting back into it. He picks Rave up for the Hellevator, but Rave floats over and rolls him up from behind. With some help from the ring ropes and Lance Rock pull from outside of the ring, Rave gets the surprising pin over the big man.
Winner via pinfall: Jimmy Rave (6:56)

Jimmy Rave scurries out of the ring and up the ramp with Lance Rock before Abyss and Morgan can get their hands on him.

Eric Young is backstage and he says that Rhino is delusional, and that the Frontline doesn’t need him to succeed. He says that they’ve tried to be nice, but here’s the harsh reality: Rhino is a washed up worker who didn’t have much talent to begin with. He says that if Rhino wants to prove himself so bad, he can do so against him at Against All Odds. But he warns Rhino that all that will come of a match between the two is the revelation of Rhino’s true status as a wrestler.

-Commercial break-

Match 3: Alex Shelley vs Consequences Creed [Non-Title]
Starts out on the mat, with Creed really surprising Shelley with his amateur skills. Shelley tries a German suplex, but Creed flips through it and hits a nice reverse DDT for a two count. Creed goes up top and leaps off for a flying crossbody, but Shelley rolls through it and gets the pin on Creed, with a handful of tights to boot.
Winner via pinfall: Alex Shelley (6:12)

Shelley offers a handshake, but Creed is pissed about Shelley holding the tights. Lethal runs down and tells Creed it’s okay, that’s just the way Shelley is. Creed shakes his hand, and Lethal tells him to keep his chin up.

Homicide and Hernandez talk to Lauren about their respective matches at Against All Odds. Homicide says that Shelley can whine and bitch all he wants about how unfair it is, but the bottom line is that he earned his title shot, and didn’t negotiate it the way Shelley did his tag title shot. Hernandez says that he hasn’t had a problem proving himself the past two weeks, and he’ll have no problem doing it tonight, and again on Sunday when he beats Sting for the world title.

-Commercial break-

A video about Christopher Daniels’ history in TNA airs, specifically about all the classic match-ups he’s had with both AJ Styles and Samoa Joe.

Match 4: Phenomenal Angels [AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels] vs Los Infernales [Averno and Mestipho]
If you blink, you probably will have missed a series of four or five moves; that’s how fast this is. Averno runs at Styles for a hurricarana, but Styles throws him to the outside instead, setting up for a suicide dive from Chris Daniels. All the guys are in the ring, trying all sorts of high-impact and double team moves, but they all get blocked. That is until Styles and Daniels hit their version of the Hi-Lo on Mestipho. That leaves Averno all alone in the ring to take the Frog Splash from AJ and then the Best Moonsault Ever from Daniels for the three count.
Winners via pinfall: AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels, the Phenomenal Angels (8:32)

After the match, AJ Styles says that the Front Line has been rejuvenated, and that’s just what he needed to get himself back into the mindset to gain the world championship. After the TNA Originals beat the Main Event mafia at Against All Odds, Styles says he’s ready to take the TNA Championship at Destination X.

-Commercial break-

James Storm drives up to Tallahassee and asks to speak to Governor Charlie Crist about being his tag team partner. The secretary tells him that he needs to leave and take the camera with him. He then offers her the tag team slot, but she declines.

Match 5: Roxxi Laveaux vs Raisha Saeed w/Awesome Kong
Saeed tries to fight with some backhand chops, but Roxxi’s straight up punches put her to shame. A Voodoo Slam ends this one rather quickly.
Winner via submission: Roxxi Laveaux (3:43)

Awesome Kong helps up Raisha, who demands that Kong attack Roxxi. Kong doesn’t listen and instead has another stare down with Roxxi Laveaux.

-Commercial break-

Backstage, Mick Foley announces from his office that TNA is taking steps to stay connected with the international wrestling community, as we can tell with the introductions of Los Infernales, Doug Williams, and such. Therefore, Against All Odds will mark the first of a monthly International Invitational in which foreign wrestlers are free to come to TNA PPVs to show off their talent. To start things off, on Sunday we will see Volador, Jr. go one on one with Alex Koslov; both gentlemen were in the 2008 World X Cup.

The Main Event Mafia, minus Kurt Angle, is backstage in their locker room. Steiner asks if they should go out with Angle during his match with Hernandez, but Sting says that he thinks they should stay back. He really wants to watch this match, as he’s never actually seen Hernandez wrestle. Nash says that he may not be taking this seriously enough, and Sting just says, “we’ll see.â€

Petey Williams is backstage with Lauren. She asks why he’s got such hatred toward Steiner, and Williams gets really passionate about it. He says that his father left his family when he was very young, so he never really had somebody to look up. When Steiner came around, he saw him as a mentor--somebody he could learn from. The betrayal he felt from Steiner might not mean as much to somebody who has always had somebody look up to, but for Petey, who never had a father-figure, it tore his heart apart. That pain will never fully heal, and so he has to release his aggression on somebody. Who better than the man who put him through it in the first place?

-Commercial break-

Samoa Joe is in the back and promises that he’s going to kick some ass on Sunday and guarantee himself a match against Sting. He says that now that he knows where Nash’s loyalties lie, he will not make the same mistake that he made at Bound For Glory.

Match 6: Hernandez vs Kurt Angle
Hernandez starts out by throwing his weight around a bit, but he gets way too comfortable and Angle starts to take over. He immediately targets the ankle, but a belly-to-belly suplex puts Hernandez back in the driver’s seat. They go back in forth in control, with Angle continuously going for the ankle, to the point that Hernandez’ offense becomes more and more difficult to execute. At one point, Angle’s jabs began to cause the big man to teeter, so Angle bounces off the ropes for a crossbody, but Hernandez catches him mid-air. He lifts him up military press-style, but his ankle gives out under him and Angle falls onto his fallen body … 1 … 2 … Hernandez just kicks out. Angle goes straight to the ankle and locks in the ankle lock successfully for the first time of the match! Hernandez feels the pain, but he uses his strength to quickly grab the ropes. Angle lets off of him and tries an Olympic Slam, but Hernandez arm drags him away. Angle turns around right into a Cracker Jack!! Hernandez falls to the mat, still feeling the affects of his ankle. He crawls over to Angle and throws his arm across his chest … ONE … TWO … THR- NO! Angle gets a shoulder up!! Hernandez is slow to get up, but Angle hasn’t moved at all. When Hernandez approaches him, Angle springs to life and locks on the ankle lock again!!! Hernandez writhes around as Angle has it locked in tight. Somehow he powers up to a vertical base and actually rips Angle off of his ankle and into powerbomb position! He lifts him up and HITS THE BODER TOSS!!! He still has trouble covering Angle, but when he does this time, he gets a leg hooked … ONE … TWO … THREE!!!
Winner via pinfall: Hernandez (17:35)

Hernandez walks around outside of the ring, really favoring his ankle, to celebrate with the fans. While is rejoicing his huge victory, Sting walks out with his title belt and holds it up on the rampway. The Latino contender motions for the championship as the show closes.

Oh, and Mike Tenay HOPES TO SEE YOU ON SUNDAY~!

TNA World Championship
Sting[c] vs Hernandez

AJ Styles/Samoa Joe/Petey Williams/Christopher Daniels vs Kurt Angle/Kevin Nash/Booker T/Scott Steiner

Rhino vs Eric Young

International Invitation
Volador vs Alex Koslov

Evil Austin

TNA World Championship
Sting[c] vs Hernandez

Rhino vs Eric Young

International Invitation
Volador vs Alex Koslov

Nice card, Ill probably give it a read but won't make a promise.