TNA Front Line

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

chessarmy

This past Thursday night on iMPACT! we saw the formation of the TNA Front Line. What do you guys think about it? Apparently its going to be Rhino, Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, and Team 3D. I loved the way Team 3D joined the Front Line, I thought it was brilliant. First we all thought they were joining the MEM, but then they made a swerve that I honestly didn't see coming after everything they said and joined the Front Line. The one thing that bothers me about the group is this entire feud is supposed to be based on veterans vs young guys and now it turned into veterans vs veterans. I'm not sure how the actual young guys are going to stay relevant in the feud now, we'll see what happens.

Anyway, what do you think of the TNA Front Line? Will all this culminate in AJ Styles winning the World Title at Final Resolution?

Wordlife

^yes it will.... and Front Line is a very smart thing for TNA to do. Love the idea and I hope AJ wins the title soon

Majin

Reaction score
love the idea of this stable,and hopefully aj wins the title,its been long over due since he was world champ

Axis

I HATE this, and I think this marks the point where the MEM storyline goes down hill. Rhino and 3D have no business in this storyline. They should certainly not be in the Main Event Mafia, and they should NOT be out in front against the Mafia. This takes way too much attention off of Joe, Styles, Lethal, etc who are supposed to be gaining from this angle.

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
This new faction has the worst name ever. TNA Frontline? It sounds like the name of a newscast.

Moonlight Drive

Why would you use Rhino and Team 3D, ,three of the most washed-up and stale guys in wrestling who aren't even 'TNA Originals' or young guys, when you could've used MCMG and somebody like Jay Lethal, EY, Creed, etc.?

Axis

Why would you use Rhino and Team 3D, ,three of the most washed-up and stale guys in wrestling who aren't even 'TNA Originals' or young guys, when you could've used MCMG and somebody like Jay Lethal, EY, Creed, etc.?

Exactly. And if they REALLY wanted to have a shock in announcing the two remaining members of the team, they could have used Christopher Daniels, Low Ki, or Kaz. Hell, even though he's old, they could have signed Jerry Lynn to a one-night deal. Lynn had consistently been putting on shows early on in TNA. Styles, Joe, Daniels, and Lynn vs the Mafia would have been far better than Team 3D.

Moonlight Drive

Daniels/Ki being added into the team would've made this an instant watch for me. My interest has plummetted now Rhino and 3D are involved. They could've easily brought Daniels out of the Curryman gimmick, with any luck he'll get the pink slip again and return as the Fallen Angel.

Also, the name is fucking stupid. But they can't call it 'TNA Originals' or 'Young Lions' anymore thanks to their awful booking. Front Line is a flea treatment for gods sake.

Qwake

To Chessarmy: It isn't really Veterans Vs Veterans because Team 3D have only ever been world tag Champs not actual world champs so they wouldn't fit in the MEM and Rhino was Champ for about 5 seconds so he wouldn't go under the Mian Event catergory imo.

I didn't really care about Rhino joining them to much, he is an original so he can be another leader of the "Frontline" but did 3D really have to join either of the teams? I was happy with them out of feuds, they weren't in heated feuds and their matches were actually half entertaining again but now they join into all this and it's gonna ruin it tbh.

Axis

To Chessarmy: It isn't really Veterans Vs Veterans because Team 3D have only ever been world tag Champs not actual world champs so they wouldn't fit in the MEM and Rhino was Champ for about 5 seconds so he wouldn't go under the Mian Event catergory imo.

I didn't really care about Rhino joining them to much, he is an original so he can be another leader of the "Frontline" but did 3D really have to join either of the teams? I was happy with them out of feuds, they weren't in heated feuds and their matches were actually half entertaining again but now they join into all this and it's gonna ruin it tbh.

Team 3D ARE veterans, despite their status as singles wrestlers. When you have been wrestling for over 15 years and 20-plus tag team champions, you are a veteran.

And Rhino is HARDLY an original. While he has been in TNA a while, he has done little to nothing to build it up. If anything, his reign turned people off of the product.

Qwake

Thats why I said it's NOT REALLY veterans because Team 3D are veterans when it comes to teaming but a tag team would not suit the "Main Event Mafia" because they are men that have Main Evented where as 3D have not. They are not called the MAIN EVENT MAFIA so yeah.

Rhino is an Original because he was one of the Original guys in the company pretty much, everyone was excited when he won the title but with bad booking and Jarrett wanting the title back they made Jarrett dominate him and lose it not long after winning it, thats why people didn't like it.

WCW Rules

Reaction score
Rhino came in 2005; he isn't original, even though you can argue the same for Samoa Joe and such. Also, Rhino is a World Champion, he was ECW Champion towards ECW's dying days, so if anyone argues this, they should argue Booker T's inclusion as well, because he became Champ in WCW during its dying days, and the WCW Championship meant nothing, honestly. Rhino belongs in the MEM, not the Frontline. Why they don't turn him Heel, I don't know. Team 3D also belongs in the MEM, because they, as a Tag Team, are still Main Event players, if only in the Tag Team arena, and they're veterans as well. This storyline had some promise up until this point, unfortunately.

Moonlight Drive

This storyline has turned from pure gold to mediocre right now. The whole basis was Young vs Old. Team 3D and Rhino have both been wrestling for a long time, thus making them old/veterans, so the original concept has fallen through.

chessarmy

^ People people people. Calm down, its ok we're going to be alright.

The fact is, this feud has materialized into not only an old vs new feud, but a feud between the Mafia and THE REST OF TNA. The Font Line is made to defend TNA as a company, and keep the Main Event Mafia from taking over. The Young guns are still a part of the feud! Didn't you see the beginning of iMPACT!? When the Front Line theme hit, the young guys came out as well as Joe and AJ. So why is everyone crying?

The young guys WILL be put over and they are still a major part of this feud, mark my words

Dwes

Reaction score
^ People people people. Calm down, its ok we're going to be alright.

The fact is, this feud has materialized into not only an old vs new feud, but a feud between the Mafia and THE REST OF TNA. The Font Line is made to defend TNA as a company, and keep the Main Event Mafia from taking over. The Young guns are still a part of the feud! Didn't you see the beginning of iMPACT!? When the Front Line theme hit, the young guys came out as well as Joe and AJ. So why is everyone crying?

The young guys WILL be put over and they are still a major part of this feud, mark my words

It's upsetting because it points out the flaws in TNA. Explain to me how exactly does this put over the Young Guns? It doesn't the last few shows have gave the viewers the notion that the young guns can't get anything done without the veterans.

The problem that this creates is that the angle begins to contradict itself. It is no longer the MEM being afraid of losing their spot, it's no longer the MEM using everyhting they can to be releveant. It has become that the TNA Orignals are inadequate to get the job done on their own.

I could understand if they gave the Frontline a veteran who means something but they gave them a stale midcarder in Rhino. They gave them somebody who has done nothing in TNA for years, he goes from a non credible anti-immigrant promo cutting wrestler to a leader of the orignals. So now not only are the young guns not good enough to fight the MEM, everybody in the group has been demoted status wise. Explain to me how someone who's feuding with Kip James, is more of the leader then two of the faces of TNA.

To sum the whole thing up is that this whole angle benefits no one but Rhyno as of right now. Eventually the whole feud will be sucked into Jarrett-Angle, and the only people who will look good out of this is Rhyno and Team 3d. Unless TNA turns thing around and plans to finsh the feud soon. Because if the feud continues this way the longer it takes, the less importance it will have once the feud ends.