TNA Facebook Page Posts Cheap Shot At Cena

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Well, of course he wouldn't. He sucked. He had a good body and look, but the novelty of that tends to wear off pretty quickly when you have nothing else going on for you, which he didn't. His voice was very unintimidating and sounded like it was that of a 6 year-old child, not a grown man.

That said, the racism accusation against WWE is ridiculous. I'll just ignore the fact that there's been plenty of minorities that have held championships over the years (from The Wild Samoans and Rocky Johnson/Tony Atlas in the 70's and 80's all the way down to Booker T., Mark Henry, Rey Mysterio and Roman Reigns in the past decade) and will instead ask what black superstar and performer do you think was worthy of being WWE Champion and "Face of The Company" that wasn't? It's not as if there's been a long list of black candidates over the years that have been worthy of being given the mantle who were just never given the opportunity. Keep in mind that guys like Booker T. and Mysterio won the WHC back when it was close to the WWE Championship in terms of prestige.

For the first time, I completely disagree with you

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Bah god Monday Night War is back!!! TNA vs. WWE!!!1

• Haha
Reactions: Swift

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Well, of course he wouldn't. He sucked. He had a good body and look, but the novelty of that tends to wear off pretty quickly when you have nothing else going on for you, which he didn't. His voice was very unintimidating and sounded like it was that of a 6 year-old child, not a grown man.

That said, the racism accusation against WWE is ridiculous. I'll just ignore the fact that there's been plenty of minorities that have held championships over the years (from The Wild Samoans and Rocky Johnson/Tony Atlas in the 70's and 80's all the way down to Booker T., Mark Henry, Rey Mysterio and Roman Reigns in the past decade) and will instead ask what black superstar and performer do you think was worthy of being WWE Champion and "Face of The Company" that wasn't? It's not as if there's been a long list of black candidates over the years that have been worthy of being given the mantle who were just never given the opportunity. Keep in mind that guys like Booker T. and Mysterio won the WHC back when it was close to the WWE Championship in terms of prestige.
How many times are you going to ignore the term World Champion in my replies to your rebuttals?

Henry could have after his huge swerve last year, I asked you to ignore rocky (which begs the question - you reply with 3 paragraphs but seem to skim over my 1 paragraph reply? Is that reasonable?) Rey was a fluke and a joke, he bounces off the 2nd fucking rope, and you didnt even use ADR.

Ron Simmons would be a great Example, Henry is a perfect example, and there are plenty of names who have contributed to the WWE (Is Warrior really native american?) And there have been plenty of names dropped from the company without a proper push. Hell, explain to me the Xavier woods move, and how he is denied even the lower card after being pushed vs a failing, titty poppin Brodus Clay alongside R-truth?

I'm not saying WWE is 100% racist but it's that style of TV. Tensai, Taka Michinoku (cant google, too many torrents) and plenty of white and other races alike are stereotyped for laughs and laughable characters, my point was that 90%+ of the upper card are filled with white guys, and it's definitely true today. Orton Wyatt Bryan Cena Batista Jericho HHH and more make up the majority of the card. Hell go back to when Henry cut one of the best promos ever and was still midcarding vs Cena. Ryback Cena Orton Bryan Punk HHH Big Show and fucking Sheamus. Do I need to even mention the miz? Miz headlined WM, JTG could outdraw Miz for fucks sakes. TLDR?

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
After scrolling through my news feed, I saw a post by the Impact Wrestling Facebook page. The caption was, "After a fan posted this on Twitter, it got us thinking... Who could possibly be a challenger for LASHLEY next? Who do YOU want to see him face?".

8fb854eace173c554497647f2a9ae553.jpg

This may have been made by a fan on twitter, but TNA did in fact re-post this on Facebook. Could this be a cheap shot at John Cena to support their champion as being the supreme title holder? What are your thoughts?

Lashley > Cena
Everybody > Cena

I bet Roode begs to differ about the comment on this pic. :D

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Which paragraph?

The second. I'm glad you asked because I don't want confusion. I'll kind of ignore Aid's view for the moment because I don't agree with his take either.

So basically, we've never had a black WWE champion. Never. Don't give me Rock, because nobody looks at that cat and thinks he's black.
On that fact alone, we lean toward the presumption that either a) that mass audience cannot accept a black champion (which is semi accurate) b) WWE doesn't want to believe that a black wrestler can be champion. Notice, folks, I did not call WWE racist.

Despite their so called intentions, WWE never put the strap on the black champion. The Ahmed Johnson's, Bobby Lashley's and R-Truth's won't get their shot and I'm cool with that. However, because WWE made such a big deal and because they were so adamant about it I expect(ed) to happen. If WWE never mentioned it, neither would. Quite frankly, I don't give a f*** at all.

Since they did call it, the name I throw in that his Kofi Kingston. Why him? WWE claims diversity, then they should own it.
Is he a long term answer? I'm not saying that. I'm saying that he can work, has a great move set and can work the stick. The only reason doubt him is because there is no precedent. People pass judgment on the premise that he isn't on the level Eddie or Bret. The fact is, he'd make a fine champion (not a great one). Kofi is small, but so were other cats. He doesn't move a lot of merch, but neither did some other cats. He's dependable and it would make a great moment. Get the sh** over with and prove you're diverse!

This is WWE's bed. They claim diversity, not me. You see no premise, because there is no precedent. It doesn't make sense to you, because it really doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I agree. ADR got it because he's tall. He didn't earn it.

I'm saying Kofi could have ripped it 2009, at least. Randy buried him and for good reason. If WWE really wanted a black champion (on that alone) Kofi would have made a fantastic choice.

Reactions: Aids Johnson

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Truth would have made a great WWE Champion back in 2011. So would've heel Henry, from 2011 until his asinine face turn last year. Granted Henry had the injury issues, but why Truth was buried by Cena and was then turned into a comedy character made no sense. Nor did his face turn. Why do they turn great black heels into boring babyfaces?

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
or even not made Kofi's rumble moment completely worthless. Hit him in at 26 and have him get nearly eliminated after 31 comes in, have the other two fight and give him his RR moment getting back into the ring and capitalizing on it for the win. Him getting WM main event is no worse than miz or bitchmade Orton ins 2014. Contrary to unpopular (TGMI) belief, him getting a cheap move to get to face Orton (considering he beat him clean earlier this year) at WM would have been a moment fans could at least have gotten behind. That way you get DB vs HHH not for a spot at the finals, but a #1 contender spot to the champ. DB vs Orton at raw after MITB ftw would have been huge, and he could have removed Kofi after a month of the championship.

No way will anyone convince me Henry's retirement promo giving him a spot as champ wouldn't have been over as fuck, had he hinted at turning it down before taking the shot after his huge promo on Cena. He would have been so over after that promo it would have been disgusting, and Orton couldn't have been any less liked. Then you get DB going over Orton, Vince stays behind his horse and HHH is forced to throw in a 3rd contender for the match less than a month later. I literally have never marked (nor did anyone else in that LD) harder in my life, than when Henry shot that shit and put the worlds biggest slam on Cena in the ring.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Truth would have made a great WWE Champion back in 2011. So would've heel Henry, from 2011 until his asinine face turn last year. Granted Henry had the injury issues, but why Truth was buried by Cena and was then turned into a comedy character made no sense. Nor did his face turn. Why do they turn great black heels into boring babyfaces?
Totally forgot about Henry. In my opinion, he peaked too late for consideration.
R-Truth was always a side show from his time as K-kwik
I've wanted to like Truth but he bought into the whole black entertainer bit too deeply.
Truth is the cat a rich white guy could give a quarter to and he'd start dancing for him.
I don't mean that to be racist in the least, I'm part black.
It's just that of all the black wrestlers, he's perpetuated the black thug/entertainer image more than anybody in history.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
JBL got a run as champ, how Ron Simmons didnt get it is beyond me, but i wasnt on shit like this way back when.