TMZ Reveals Lots of Details on Randy Orton's Divorce Including His WWE Salary

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

IA-SteveB

Reaction score
I am no expert, but for normal people alimony is usually only figured in if the wife was kept from pursuing a career of her own, i.e. not going to college so she could stay at home and raise the kids. I think the settlement worked well on both sides of the fence. Divorce is never a good thing to go through and it always works out for everyone involved if a fair settlement can be agreed on. Looks like they have done that. I do agree that with his schedule, it was probably best to give custody to the ex but that can indeed be revisited when he slows down. I don't know the guy outside of his ring persona, but I get the sense he is a good guy and will make sure his kiddo is well taken care of no matter what. Kids are always the most important thing in any divorce. Assets are entirely secondary.

Reaction score
I am assuming it was due to the schedule that Orton has. With WWE he is on the road 4/5 days each week and has regular international tours which last a week or two. Not the best schedule if you want to raise a child so it was probably agreed by both sides that the mother should have custody because, presumably, she will be able to go home each day. If Orton retired in a few years and had a more regular schedule then I would assume the custody order would be altered.

It's what the terms "sole legal" and "sole physical" custody means that has my attention here. those are extreme situations where one parent poses such a huge risk to the welfare of the child, that parent has no rights at all the child. Sole physical custody would typically be a situation where Orton has no visitation rights at all. I suspect she could move where she pleases without even telling Orton. The article is claiming he will get some visitation rights granted. I wonder if this is purely at the mother's discretion. Sole legal essentially means Orton has zero rights as a father over upbringing of the child.

It's right that the mother would be the one doing most of the raising of the child and making most of the decisions, gets the most time. But the other parent in most cases should still have some rights. One can still have joint custody, even if one parent only gets to see the children a couple days a month.

To me, one parent having sole physical and legal custody amounts to Orton having zero rights as a parent.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It's what the terms "sole legal" and "sole physical" custody means that has my attention here. those are extreme situations where one parent poses such a huge risk to the welfare of the child, that parent has no rights at all the child. Sole physical custody would typically be a situation where Orton has no visitation rights at all. I suspect she could move where she pleases without even telling Orton. The article is claiming he will get some visitation rights granted. I wonder if this is purely at the mother's discretion. Sole legal essentially means Orton has zero rights as a father over upbringing of the child.

It's right that the mother would be the one doing most of the raising of the child and making most of the decisions, gets the most time. But the other parent in most cases should still have some rights. One can still have joint custody, even if one parent only gets to see the children a couple days a month.

To me, one parent having sole physical and legal custody amounts to Orton having zero rights as a parent.

Seems like you have a better grasp on it. Just looking at it quickly I assumed that it is Orton's schedule that meant that his wife got full legal custody. I agree that both parents should have rights, if they are both sound citizens, and there is always the chance that this is still the case with Orton. It may be that they have had an amicable spilt and that he won't have an issue if he does want to see his child. Tough to judge just from articles from a site like TMZ which only gets the basics and then fills in the gaps.