TMZ Picks Up On Abraham Washington's Kobe Bryant Rape Reference On Raw

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Deezy you are a great poster and everything but seriously do you not realize this is PG era. The guy made a reference to an incident about rape, this is has nothing about the delivery of the joke. Personally I laughed pretty hard, it was a good line and it was pretty creative. But this is a PG show where they're trying to keep things clean. It was a stupid thing to do and he should be praying that he doesn't lose his spot on TV.

Once again, when Big Show referenced it in '04 it was on a PG show.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Totally agree with Legion on how they should suspend AW if they are going to suspend Jericho. Thank god Jericho is back by the way because that pissed me off for a good day or two.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Once again, when Big Show referenced it in '04 it was on a PG show.

Smackdown has always been a PG show, read the second paragraph here -

WWE Corporate - FAQ

It pisses me off when you look at what they did back in '99 & '00 on the show as opposed to now, it's like they are scared to be edgy.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Smackdown has always been a PG show, read the second paragraph here -

WWE Corporate - FAQ

It pisses me off when you look at what they did back in '99 & '00 on the show as opposed to now, it's like they are scared to be edgy.

I know Smackdown has always been a PG show, that's what I was getting at. Raw was also PG up until a couple months into '99.

The Hoov

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
goldust
Yeah WWE is a neutered product and we can thank Linda McMahon and here futile attempt to become a senator and Mattel being afraid that someone saying "ass" on the air will hurt their sales of Barbie Dolls. It's ridiculous. SmackDown has always been PG and it was a lot more edgier than this back in the day. PG means Parental Guidance, meaning parents make the judgment to let their kids watch. Also, I agree that we are raising sheltered children in this world. I was raised watching the Attitude Era with transvestites and Mae Young exposing her "puppies" on air and giving birth to hands. Also, they made reference to that particular angle on RAW 1000, A PG show. AW's joke, as dated as it is, is a lot more tasteful than he could've made considering they were in Colorado (see Wildfires or Dark Knight Shooting). Plus, if it gets him heat with the fans, good. He's a heel. People need to lighten up. I'm a cancer survivor but I can still laugh at cancer jokes.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
I thought it was funny. Regardless, AW is going straight to the doghouse.

DashX

Reaction score
I hope that AW doesn't get in too much trouble, to for his case but for Young and Titus. They have been building a lot of steam as of late and them losing their manager could kill them.

Aniking

Reaction score
Regardless, AW is going straight to the doghouse.

My thoughts exactly. With how petty the WWE is, the guy won't be used for quite some time. Apologising will probably get him nowhere.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Totally agree with Legion on how they should suspend AW if they are going to suspend Jericho. Thank god Jericho is back by the way because that pissed me off for a good day or two.
Abe was insensitive

Jericho broke a law and should have been arrested.

The two things do not balance out on any scale as what one guy did was totally illegal and the other was just stupid. Thus you can't punish them the same because the joke isn't even a misdemeanor let alone a felony like Jericho could have and should have been charged with had wwe officials not kissed enough ass and pulled enough strings

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
This is exactly the kind of genius that has been known to kill careers. Do you remember Muhammad Hassan and the London incident coincidence? I know, that was unfortunate, for Hassan I mean, he would've been a multiple time world champion by now if that had not happened. How does a superstar commenting on a third party or an incident that happens within a TV SHOW that is known to be scripted in ANY WAY connected to reality? Jericho burning the Brazilian flag, yes...that was a bit over the top maybe, but a random comment on an asian's name or the integrity of a superstar from outside the business is inconsequential.

(Kicking the country's flag is illegal everywhere...words don't mean anything...)

Last edited:

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
RAPE

Find it odd that I saw Cerbs post it like that earlier to prove his point when he was on the outside looking in when that that whole RAPE thing was going on. Of course I won't go too much into that as I have changed my image.

Too be fair I didn't even notice it until after the commercial break when King and Cole came at us with an apology for it. I was barely paying attention to the match since watching Titus O'Neil is a strain on the eyes. Then on top of that he won. That is the serious tragedy here.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
This is exactly the kind of genius that has been known to kill careers. Do you remember Muhammad Hassan and the London incident coincidence? I know, that was unfortunate, for Hassan I mean, he would've been a multiple time world champion by now if that had not happened. How does a superstar commenting on a third party or an incident that happens within a TV SHOW that is known to be scripted in ANY WAY connected to reality? Jericho burning the Brazilian flag, yes...that was a bit over the top maybe, but a random comment on an asian's name or the integrity of a superstar from outside the business is inconsequential.

(Burning the country's flag is illegal everywhere...words don't mean anything...)

Try knowing what you're talking about before talking. AW's commentary had nothing to do with a TV show it was in regards to Kobe Bryant being accused of Rape.

Also WWE doesn't determine the rating for their show they can do things to influence the rating they get, but they don't make the determination themselves. So bringing the rating into the argument is pointless cause it was actually a pg joke he made no vulgarities in the way he said it. It was just tasteless.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
I did. He commented on Kobe Bryant. So?

or the integrity of a superstar from outside the business is inconsequential.

"They reached a settlement" it says. I don't keep up with the details of Kobe's life, but the accuser could've been a liar, and a deviant for all you know. Maybe I'm just being argumentative. People constantly accuse me of that. And it was SO long ago....

You're not seriously saying that kicking the flag is LESS of an offense than making a random comment?

I don't want to get into some big fight on this, others have stated my exact emotions on the subject in the previous page, so I'll just keep quiet.

Last edited: