Time runs out for 24 the movie

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The Guardian said:
The film-maker once charged with bringing the hugely successful 24 TV series to the big screen has said the project is now dead in the water.
Training Day director Antoine Fuqua said the long-running counter-terrorism drama's star Kiefer Sutherland had not been able to come to an agreement with studio Twentieth Century Fox before starting work on his new TV show, the supernatural drama Touch (for Heroes creator Tim Kring), in comments reported by Yahoo.
"Yeah, that's not happening. I don't think it's gonna happen at all, definitely not with me," said Fuqua. "I met with Kiefer, Fox wanted to do it, it was a matter of his schedule before he went off to do his new show.
"I don't think he was able to get a proper agreement with Fox. The time just passed, and I went off to go to what I was doing."
The long-gestating 24 film was reportedly due to see spy Jack Bauer travelling to Europe in the first of a potential trilogy of movies that would have rounded off the storyline presented in eight seasons of the TV show, which last aired in 2010. Sutherland said two years ago that the screenplay by State of Play's Billy Ray was complete and would ditch the famous "real-time" aspect of the show, instead presenting 24 hours in Bauer's life over a two-hour running time. "We've always had to have the situation come to us," he told IGN at the time. "But now it's feasible to get me from Eastern Europe to England [over the course of the film]."
The actor is rumoured to have stepped away because he wanted a $3-5m wage packet, rather than the $1m he was being offered by Fox.

Well this is disappointing. I was a hooked on the show and even though there were 8 packed seasons and a tv movie I still wanted more. It was a great show to watch whilst also being incredibly frustrating at times. They had a great chance to continue the show as a movie and the Europe storyline would have been an easy one to write. Doesn't surprise me that Kiefer turned down just $1 million, pretty sure he was getting close to that per episode by the end of the shows run so it wouldn't be worth it to him. Still keeping my fingers crossed that all parties will eventually agree to a deal and get this movie done.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
After 3 years I pretty much assumed this. May get it for the 10 year anniversary but I doubt it.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Maybe if Touch gets cancelled Kiefer will be more receptive to it. They could always try Kickstarter to help pay his contract if that is the sticking issue :D

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Not disappointed really. Was never a huge fan of the series. I love the actor, but I always felt 24 was a little too much.