Tim Sylvia Continues His Campaign To Be Resigned By The UFC

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
The sport of MMA, like boxing before it, eats its own.

Ask Tim Sylvia, the former UFC heavyweight champion who wants so desperately to return to the Octagon that it makes me hurt for him.

"I'm sick and tired of watching a bunch of bums fight in the UFC," the 35-year old Sylvia said. "Guys that I know I can beat... They told Monte, 'Tim needs to keep winning. Keep putting wins together.' I've done that and nothing happened. And there are guys in there I think are absolutely horrible...Yeah, I've got an attitude about it. I'm tired of it. I've got to make my own destiny."

Despite literally hundreds of messages on Twitter, White has been uncharacteristically silent on the matter.

"I think after this goes on weeks, and weeks, and weeks, and weeks, I think something is going to happen," sadi Sylvia. "The fans are speaking right now."

For Sylvia, a loss to Fedor Emelianenko in just seconds was the beginning. A weight gain that landed him in the super heavyweight division for several fights made things worse. Soon, a fighter who once ruled the UFC's heavyweight division became a laughingstock.

White, apparently, doesn't look back on Sylvia's reign with any nostalgia at all, calling the division at the time "s----y."

"I thought I had a great relationship with everybody in the UFC," Sylvia said. "It is hurtful. I busted my a-- for years in his fights to become champion, not once, but twice...it's not my fault the UFC didn't bring in better guys to the division when I was there. That's got nothing to do with me. I fought who they put in front of me. I never declined anybody."

"Keep tweeting Dana White and Lorenzo Fertitta. They say they aren't, but I know they are seeing all these tweets," Sylvia said. "Just keep supporting me. I love you guys. In the past I've told fans, 'If you don't like me, to hell with you.' But you know what? If you're a fan of MMA, I love you no matter what."
He forgets he was once stripped of the belt because of a failed drug test so i don't know why he's saying shit like he busted his ass for the company. He wasn't great before and he's only went down hill since. As far as I'm concerned he can fuck right off. If he really wanted to be re-singed then maybe he should get off the computer, go to the gym lose some god damn weight and Work on techniques like regaining the ability to headkick.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I just looked on his Wiki and he's done literally nothing of note since leaving.

Wow Tim, you beat a former worlds strongest man whos an MMA novice, and Paul Buentello who was a bum in his prime. He'll keep on trolling and Dana might have pity and feed him to the wolves.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
This guy needs to go away. Dana will never bring him back, he was a poor champion and ever since leaving the UFC he has done nothing except lose most of his fights.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Sylvia does not deserve another shot as he is now pretty much a joke. He is just ... not worth it. He's a waste of "talent" if you want to call him talent. Yeah he is a former two time UFC champion but it was when the division was at its weakest. And since then he has done what? I dunno. Nothin really cept get fatter.

Although I do think that Dana might give him one fight just to shut him up. Pit him against a young hungry fighter just to show Sylvia that he really doesn't belong so he can shut up and go to some other organization and lock horns with Todd Duffee or something.

Deuce

Reaction score
UFC would be making the wrong decision in bringing the guy back, he was a horrible champion in my opinion, and wasn't that exciting to watch, pretty boring actually.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
Anybody who gets beat by Ray Mercer should be nowhere near the UFC.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Sylvia does not deserve another shot as he is now pretty much a joke. He is just ... not worth it. He's a waste of "talent" if you want to call him talent. Yeah he is a former two time UFC champion but it was when the division was at its weakest. And since then he has done what? I dunno. Nothin really cept get fatter.

Although I do think that Dana might give him one fight just to shut him up. Pit him against a young hungry fighter just to show Sylvia that he really doesn't belong so he can shut up and go to some other organization and lock horns with Todd Duffee or something.

Unfortunately i think that's exactly what Dana is going to do, he'll give him a 2 fight deal or some shit and see what he can do with it.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I propose one fight... just to see him lose in the first round after he gases after the first minute of moving around :p

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
If for some god awful reason the UFC does bring him back in, they should put him up against one of the guys who he said didn't deserve a roster spot.

Stefan Struve and Matt Mitrione were two of the names he brought up.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Matt would mess him up.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
How the fuck can this fat bum say Mitrione doesn't deserve his spot?

Hes got legit wins in a credible, loaded division, unlike Sylvia who dominated when glass jaw Arlovski was still a P4P great...

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Sylvia is delusional. He stuck in the world where he was a "top fighter." Cause in the history books he will go down as a former UFC Heavyweight champion. That much can't be disputed. He was champ. But looking deeper the MMA crowd knows that he was champ during the worst time for that division.

I mean hell he lost to an at the time almost rookie in Frank Mir whose striking absolutely sucked at the time in under a minute. Sylvia needs to know his role and shut his mouth before he gets shown up for how bad he really is. Meathead isn't the most talented for sure but the guy is learning and has been improving ever since his time on TUF. He didn't show up against Cheick Kongo which was sad cause I was rootin for the guy to beat him and keep moving up. It was his first real test and he failed. But between Meathead and Sylvia... I'd take Meathead. If he were to show up he would outlast him no problem at all.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah I'd have full confidence that Mitrione would knock Syliva out in the first round, and it's funny if i remember correctly Tim called guys like Matt Mitrione and Stefan Struve Bums.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I'd rather Matt have the fight carry over into like the second or third round just to see how gassed/bad Sylvia is gonna look :p

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
:lol: this is true, as long as he never shows up on my tv screen again I'd be perfectly fine to be honest.