Tim Sylvia Continues His Campaign To Be Resigned By The UFC

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
"It was a stupid mistake I made, especially with how it all worked out," Sylvia today told MMAjunkie.com Radio (MMAjunkie.com Radio | MMAjunkie.com). "But I know (UFC co-owners) Dana (White) and Lorenzo (Fertitta) and all those guys have given second chances – Tito Ortiz being one of them, B.J. Penn, Mark Coleman, the guys who did the rape jokes on Twitter and all that stuff. Even Nate Marquardt is getting a second chance with Strikeforce."

And really, that's all Sylvia wants: a second chance. "The Maine-iac," who celebrates his 36th birthday today, doesn't see fighting past the age of 40. And after spending six years with the UFC from 2002 to 2008 – including stints as the heavyweight champ – and building his name there, he hopes to end his career there, as well.

In fact, he said his desire is so pure – that it's about the competition, not the money – that he's making UFC officials an interesting proposition.

"I don't care about the money," he said. "I've made that statement. I don't need a lot of money. I just want to end my career in the UFC and retire fighting the best. I even made a bold statement where I don't even want a show purse. Just give me my win bonus or if I win a fight-night bonus, give me that.

"I don't even care about fighting for a title."

Soon after Sylvia's campaign caught steam, MMAjunkie.com asked White if he was paying attention. White, though, said the Mercer loss was his only recollection of Sylvia's post-UFC career, and he apparently was unaware of his recent run on the regional circuit.

White also said that the heavyweight division now is more mature – much more so than when Sylvia and Andrei Arlovski's three fights were about the only thing of note in the UFC's paper-thin division.

"If you look at when Tim Sylvia was in the heavyweight division, I say it all the time: It's when we had the weakest heavyweight division in the company's history," White said. "Him and (Andrei) Arlovski were knocking each other out every weekend."

In other words, White isn't sure Sylvia can compete with the new generation of big men.

Sylvia, though, doesn't see it that way. He thinks he can compete with just about anyone in the division, including champ Junior Dos Santos ("he has holes in his game") and top contender Alistair Overeem ("he has a better physique than I do, but I think I'm just as strong and just as good a striker").

In fact, if you look the next rung on the heavyweight ladder, he thinks he's both a better fighter and a more marketable draw.

"I don't why they won't let me back, but I know I'm more of a draw than half those guys," Sylvia said. "I know I'm more of a draw than (Pat) Barry and (Christian) Morecraft and (Matt) Mitrione and (Cheick) Kongo. Even if they have something against me, marketing wise and money wise, it seems like it would be smart on their half to use me."

So for now, Sylvia keeps fighting the good fight. He'll take what MMA bouts he can, and he'll continue to campaign for a UFC return online. In the meantime, he and manager Monte Cox hope they'll eventually get a call for a return to the octagon.

"I just want to put on a great show for the fans," he said. "That's what the fans want to see. They've spoken. The fans have spoken, and they want to see me back in the UFC.

"At least just give me one shot."

He just won't stop with this, he's begging to get re-signed and now I'm begging for him to fuck off and fall of the face of the earth :Vader:

Last edited:

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
His dozens and dozens of fans are calling for him to return. The millions..... AND MILLIONS of MMA fans worldwide are calling for him to know his role and shut his mouth.

Would he be a bigger draw than Morecraft? Meathead? Barry? Yeah. Yeah he would be a bigger draw he has a bigger name than them. More than Kongo? That's debatable cause Kongo has had some big fights... bigger than Timmy. Plus just looking at Kongo will strike fear in the hearts of real men. Looking at Timmy and you're like... are you the oversized janitor? Toilet is clogged, lock up when you done.

Tim needs to keep his mouth shut before he gets his wish and gets beat in the first round. Also saying he could compete against JDS and Overeem... mannnn that joke was almost funny but its so blatant that... I dunno. JDS would take him out with no problem. Overeem would probably just look at him with a stare of intensity and Tim would faint.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Mar 6, 2012 - Former UFC heavyweight champion Tim Sylvia has spent much of the last few weeks publicly pleading for one more run in the UFC. Earlier this week, he appeared on The MMA Hour and even said he'd be willing to fight for free in order to prove himself again.

It appears his campaigning has failed to sway the UFC's decision makers, however.

On Tuesday, MMA Fighting began to ask company president Dana White if he was reconsidering his decision to shut the door on a Sylvia return, but he didn't even need to wait for the question to be finished before giving an emphatic response.

"Hell no," he said, pausing for a few seconds before saying "Hell no" once more

No further elaboration was offered or necessary.

Good to hear Dana wants nothing to do with the guy.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
lol Dana

Should really tell you something that even though big Tim is offering to fight on the prelims for free, they still dont want him.

If they have a HW TUF soon, I'd like to see him on that. I think it'd be the first time a former UFC champ competes as a contestant in it.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah that'd be a first time for that show, and i think that's a possibility i mean they had Kimbo on the Ultimate Fighter a few years back and Dana had said before letting him compete on it that he would never give him a chance in the UFC.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
He gave Kimbo a window and said... if you do this then that will be your only shot. He knew Kimbo would bring in the ratings, bring in the viewers cause Kimbo still had a following even after the Seth beating that collapsed Elite XC. People wanted to see Kimbo and what better fight for Kimbo than Roy Nelson on that show. Former IFL champion, a legit vet that was going to take home the win at the end of the show anyways, it was just good business.

Tim Sylvia if they were to do another one would be interesting. It would be a lot more interesting to see how Tim and Dana interact than to see how the coaches do... then again seeing how Tim interacts with his coach since he is a former UFC heavyweight champion would be interesting. It would make for interesting TV... DO IT! :D

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
He's at it again, here's a video he posted for Dana White to see.

[video=youtube;6gwUvjc4GxY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6gwUvjc4GxY[/video]

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Well at least he doesn't look that fat.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I like how he is asking for a second chance when he was already given a second chance after he tested positive to steroids when he was champion.

He looks in better shape than I expected in that video but it doesn't prove anything at all other than he is gassed after one minute of training :p

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
Tim Sylvia wants back in the UFC the same Tim Sylvia who shit himself during a fight the same Tim Sylvia who if he was back in the UFC would get his ass whooped by the likes of Brock Lesnar (if he came out of retirement). Allister Overeem, Junior Dos Santos, Shane Carwin and many more, this guy is a joke now and needs to realise he fucked up and he's obviously on Dana White's shit list and that's not a good thing.