Thoughts on WWE wrestlers being over worked.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Antony_nz

Reaction score
I think WWE superstars are over worked.
They work 4 house shows for every brand!!

WWE hosts 15 shows a week. Thats to much for the owners and the superstars.

And thats all over the world!
I was stunned when i was watching batista beat Mr Kennedy infront of me in Auckland New Zealand then i see him in USA fighting Undertaker.
No wonder they get hurt so much.
Plus i have been thinking that it will probley hurt morale and how good the matches are if they are so over worked?

WWE superstars are more over worked than any sports person.

And its probley why Kurt angle left WWE.

Thunderman335

Reaction score
I agree, They have enough money, why are they being greedy?

Antony_nz

Reaction score
Yea, I think its great they are giving fans the chance to see WWE live but it must be bloody hard on the wrestlers.
And im really starting to think that WWE is dieing for money. Witch is stupid becuase they are ritch as hell.
I mean look, There whole site is about hype, DX, John Cena, ECW ect. hundreds of house shows.

A resson could be becuase is that they need money becuase they dont wont to make the same mistake last time with WCW. When WCW became big WWE was really really poor.

Now that TNA is here they may become big and they are geting ready for that.
Cant be ever to carefull.

This is not a grazy idea from a TNA fan becuase i am not able to watch TNA.

Kaedon

Reaction score
Actually, youre wrong (yet again). Raw works 3 house shows and one live show and SD/ECW work 3 house shows and their taping/live show. So thats 4 + 4 = 15? Even if ECW did work its own shows, it would be 11. Plus a PPV, would be 12 (and that show doesnt ever have EVERY WRESTLER AVAILABLE working it. Yeah, its hard, but that isnt the reason they are always getting injured. Espeically when you consider your average wrestler is in the ring for 40-60 minutes a week and old school guys like Flair and the rest worked 40 min matches each night for 5 nights a week.

Wrestling Station

It just increases the risk of injuries and bad attitudes in backstage.

the dark knight

i prefer a 2 hours match than three 20 mins matches. it irritates wrestlers and like station said, too risky.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Meh, they chose their profession knowing full well what it would require of them. If they don't wanna do it then they have no business being there.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
it's because most of the guys that got hurt are up there in age. Undertaker, HBK, HHH and Booker are older guys. with Kennedy and Helms, I guess it's the style they wrestle that led them to injuries.

wwe_fanatic

Reaction score
I think WWE is trying to prove that they are about WRESTLING. The matches are now more based on he wrestling and with the schedule they endure must put a toll o each of their bodies. Is this why there are several superstars out with injuries?

Ad if it contiues and more get injured, what's gona happen?

ChiWa

Reaction score
Overworked?
Yes the travel sucks, but the job takes a few minutes a day, (plus some gym time). I have had jobs that were 10-12 hours a day, and short 8 hour day on Saturday. And if you wanted to work Sunday, you could.
The rash of injuries is bad luck, combined with too many men who are too old to play the game.

C4

DAMN, WWE is just making these people work too much, I think they should take a break dude! it's just too much for them.

MikeRaw

OK WWE is a professional company...They have been doing this for years and the fan love it as well as the WRESTLERS.If HBK,Taker or any of hem didn't want to take the risk of injury theyu wouldn't have tried to get in this business.Injury can happen in any sport.And you guys throw in the over worked thing.Hockey players and other sports play 60 minute games and most players will be up between 15-20 minutes a game.They play 3 or 4 games a week.So it evens out to be about the same.And it's what's already been said:If they didn't like it...They'd leave...

Viva La Luke

Reaction score
They need to reduce the amount of House Shows all though this could lose them money, because it's the number of shows there doing that are causing them to get injured. If this happens we could also probally see Vince letting wrestlers using a more extreme moveset.

Antony_nz

Reaction score
If this happens we could also probally see Vince letting wrestlers using a more extreme moveset.

You hit the nail on the head.

I just want to ad that WWE superstars have a harder working time table than any other sport.

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
Well that's what's part of being a wrestler.They all know that that's why they joined