thoughts on the upcoming draft?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

...god...

Reaction score
Also, thinking just because Cole acts 'heel' towards the NXT rookies that he has to suck up to Jericho and etc. is asinine. It's shit like that that completely kills people's characters and makes no sense.

seX-Power

Reaction score
Actually Cole & JBL may be better than Cole on NXT.

Also didn't he get raped?

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Honestly I want Edge/Christian to be put off as long as possible, if it even happens. I think that a reunion would hinder Christian potential main event push moreso then helping it. I could honestly see him just being a comedic relief lackey of sorts. A feud could be interesting depending on how it's booked. Christian should honestly be the face if they do feud. He is a much better face then Edge and imo Edge is a better heel.

Edge is a main eventer. How would it hinder his main event push if put in a program with him? HE'D THEN BE IN THE MAIN EVENT. Jesus fucking christ you are stupid.

...god...

Reaction score
Actually Cole & JBL may be better than Cole on NXT.

Also didn't he get raped?
Rofl, yeah, of course. Guess that plays into my "other than acting like a bitch" category, but damn do I miss JBL. Such an amazing, underrated commentator. And that team was fucking brilliant, all because of him.

Axis

Reaction score
Looking at the draft prospects, I'd say it's unfortunate how stale the main event feuds are. For instance, even if Cena switched back to Smackdown after 5 years on Raw, he'd have two new feuds? Those being Undertaker and CM Punk. Think back to the '05 draft. When Benoit was sent to Smackdown, he got to work with guys like JBL, Mysterio, Eddie, Booker, Kennedy, Regal, Finlay--guys who he had not worked with in several years, if at all.

seX-Power

Reaction score
Cena would get Mysterio as well, but I'm not sure how that would work.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
Edge is a main eventer. How would it hinder his main event push if put in a program with him? HE'D THEN BE IN THE MAIN EVENT. Jesus fucking christ you are stupid.

I said a reuinion would hinder his main event push. I could see him not so much being Edge's equal but more of just a sidekick or lackey. In a similar way to how Legacy was with Orton but to a lesser extrent.

...god...

Reaction score
That'd be 10x better than what he's doing now.

soulreaper545

Reaction score
the main problem i have with cole is he only tends to be a heel against one person

if you've noticed his whole heel gimmick is mostly based around yelling about one person then hyping up everybody else it just doesn't work out

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
I'm hoping a lot of big names get shuffled around.

If they want to work on a new angle for Undertaker, they could always move him to Raw and make a feud with Triple H (you know, HBK's best friend vs the guy who ended his career). Not saying that would be interesting to see them feud but it's one storyline they have an option of.

Hart Dynasty to Raw to maybe fight ShowMiz (not that there are many other tag team options in general....)

Cena to SD would be awesome just so he can have some fresh feuds instead of the same guys all the fucking time. Maybe even Orton to SD instead of Cena. Just one of the guys needs to GTFO of Raw so they don't have to fight each other a million more times. Cena or Orton vs Punk would be interesting, imo.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
I think that this year the draft should be an even amount of big names switching brands. The last few years, last year especially one brand totally rapes the other.

I think that it's almost a forgone conclusion that Orton is going to be moved, which I am all for. So much more potential for some interesting feuds. He could go over there and finish his feud with Swagger (I ultimately see him being the one to beat him tbh, just not at Extreme Rules) as well as Jericho and Punk. I would honestly love to see a Orton/Drew feud. Also, if Edge doesn't get moved to Raw a Edge/Orton feud could be interesting depending on how its went about and if Edge is turned heel. I would like to see Cena get moved as well, but I am almost certain that he is staying where he is at.

On the Smackdown side, I would like to see The Undertaker get moved. He has been on Smackdown ever since the brand split if I am not misaken. With the exception of his Undisputed Title run in 2002 and a few sporadic appearances, usually building his Mania matches he has almost been Smackdown only. I think moving him could help liven up his carrer, which I think is long overdue for some revampment. On Raw there are more potential feuds that haven't already been done. Taker/HHH, and Taker/Miz are the most obvious potential programs. However, if Taker is moved the epic Cena/Taker Wrestlemania matchup would likely be wated at a lesser PPV.

maty619

Reaction score
I'm not too sure about Cena/Taker, I would rather be disapointed that it doesn't happen than be dissapointed that it is shit, which it more than likely will, Taker needs someone to do the running to make a match good imo and Cena can't change his whole style just for one match.