Thoughts On The TNT Title Belt

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Davey Wrestling

Does AEW have your attention now?!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bOKjo7Z
Favorite Wrestler
UserAEW
Favorite Wrestler
bwpLynH
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
oooh, I likes some belt design discussion!

Let's break this badboy down: First up, It's clearly meant to be reminiscent of the NWA TV title in terms of the colour scheme of silver & red - this makes sense given that it seems to be Cody's vanity belt and his affinity with "old school" wrestling and his dads career path. Now that we've got some texture on there and a some contrasting metal work in the gold (admitedly it looks more gold that silver now), it looks pretty good. I'm not a fan of the Turner House(? - it's something like that, no?) on the side plates, I think that should have been something relating to the promotion itself but again it adds to the belts uniqueness value.

Is it a problem that it's got a massive TNT logo in the middle? I can see why people would have an issue, but for me it's not really a problem: it's the network the title is named after and a: it makes the belt instantly recognisable, b: it lets anybody seeing the belt know where that belt is defended and c: it links Cody and AEW to TNT (which as I understand it is a big-time network)

It's definitly a unique looking belt and that's got to be priority one so that they aren't creating some sort of "knock-off WWE" impression.

I'm a fan of it.