This just crossed my mind

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
No. That would restrict the community input on who they think is the MOTM and doesn't give them a chance to post their reasoning. Also, it's changing a method that has been flawless so far. No point changing something that doesn't work which would result in more effort anyway (custom section for example).
Wait a tick, you just had a brilliant idea! Instead of mine, let's just give MoTM a section of their own! You can call it whatever, but that'd be cool.

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
Wait a tick, you just had a brilliant idea! Instead of mine, let's just give MoTM a section of their own! You can call it whatever, but that'd be cool.
Their own section for a month, and they can let up to 3 members in?

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Thought we were gonna have a MOTM wall or something. I might be thinking of HOF though.

Irwin R. Schyster

The Showoff
Reaction score
What's that, can't hear you over there from WF.

WF is awesome, unless you're one of the unpopular members (not saying you are, I have no idea who is who over there from here besides deathcunt and KKF)

Anyway, a stickied thread that shows all the MOTM winners would be cool. Something like the winner can submit their picture, or one that represents them, and a small write up about them (which can be copy and pasted, I guess, if they win multiple months). That would be interesting for people to go and read a little about the person, makes the community get to know each other a bit better. Should also probably be some kind of rule where say the same person can't win again for X amount of months. With most things, it comes down to popularity contests. The more 'popular' members will constantly have people licking their testicles, it would make things boring if the same 3 or 4 people win all the time. Maybe this will encourage people to try to post better so they can get a nomination. When you see the trend of the same people winning, you tend to not really want to care about something you think you have no chance at. Not saying this happens here, I don't really pay attention much to MOTM stuff, but, usually it does happen.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
WF is awesome, unless you're one of the unpopular members (not saying you are, I have no idea who is who over there from here besides deathcunt and KKF)

Anyway, a stickied thread that shows all the MOTM winners would be cool. Something like the winner can submit their picture, or one that represents them, and a small write up about them (which can be copy and pasted, I guess, if they win multiple months). That would be interesting for people to go and read a little about the person, makes the community get to know each other a bit better. Should also probably be some kind of rule where say the same person can't win again for X amount of months. With most things, it comes down to popularity contests. The more 'popular' members will constantly have people licking their testicles, it would make things boring if the same 3 or 4 people win all the time. Maybe this will encourage people to try to post better so they can get a nomination. When you see the trend of the same people winning, you tend to not really want to care about something you think you have no chance at. Not saying this happens here, I don't really pay attention much to MOTM stuff, but, usually it does happen.
This is awesome. I agree that if you make MoTM to be appear very prestigious (not saying it isn't) that it promotes great quality wrestling posts. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score

I've only been there for about 30 minutes, and that time alone put me off and made me never want to go back. Death and KKF are on there? Oh god. :lol1:

"The more 'popular' members will constantly have people licking their testicles,"

This is essentially what MoTM is on most sites, including this. There's only been 4 people who've won and actually deserved it for that month IMO. This is why we had the whole issue over groups just voting+nominating each other.

Reactions: Danielson

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I've only been there for about 30 minutes, and that time alone put me off and made me never want to go back. Death and KKF are on there? Oh god. :lol1:

"The more 'popular' members will constantly have people licking their testicles,"

This is essentially what MoTM is on most sites, including this. There's only been 4 people who've won and actually deserved it for that month IMO. This is why we had the whole issue over groups just voting+nominating each other.
Do you think people would be less inclined to do that if the votes were private?

Status
Not open for further replies.